Camaro quality control issues

chevys

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of new posts on the Camaro5 problem board today, including:

Side dash pannel, where the driver side door and dash meet is popping open

Took delivery of my Camaro 6/26/09 (VIN #2048), I have the same problem with the side dash panel popping open, dealer has ordered another.

The power steering pump failed with 430 miles on it, leak is from where the pump assembly is actually pressed into the resevoir body. New pump on order, still waiting to get her back.

This car was born on April Fools Day, keep an eye on your steering.

1-Door sill plates are wrinkled on their outside edges on both Drive and Passenger sides.

2-All 4 Rear Spoiler nuts were loose 3/8 of a turn.

3-Trunk release fails to pop the Trunk Lid about every 1 out of 4 attempts.

4-Where is my GD GFX Kit?

5-My Silver Rally Stripes are not installed as my Dealer wants to address 1,3 and 4 above at the same time, when the GFX comes in.

6-Clear coat is orange peeled badly.

I have a 2010 RS that is black, and nice looking but the paint seems very very thin. While doing the obligatory wash and wax of the car, I noted a small spot of dirt on the drivers side rear quarter panel behind the wheel. I sprayed it with water, and it did not come off, so I used the edge of my fingernail to see if I could dislodge the crud, it was tiny in size, but instead of the crud coming off the paint came off, I did not put very much pressure on the crud spot so there should have been no reason to see the paint come off. After looking closely at the now blemished panel, the paint is very very thin. Has anyone else had any paint issues.

Thanks

I have the same thing on my 2010 Camaro, paint coming off rear bumper in the seam where it is next to the quarter panel.

Ditto, I have the same problem in the same place. I also notices how soft the paint was on the front bumper. Any small rocks/sand of the road causes a chip, I'm going w/ a 3m invisible bra. GM can do better than this.

The limp wristed effeminate Camaro drivers handbags that they keep hairspay & make-up in are cheapskate rubbish made in China, Bob Lutz GM NEW-IMPROVED marketing poof would like to see one in pink to appeal to the PC camp type of buyer like Nick :hysterical: .

Cheap & Nasty Camparo handbags.

news06kimwhite_02.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

You all know that if Ford train-wrecked a launch like this, every newspaper from here to the moon and back would have headlines in 28 point font about it. I think the Obama administration must have some involvement in keeping this relatively quiet. This car has more problems than the polar bear club stuck at the north pole yet there really isn't the press coverage the way I'd expect.

You all know that if Ford train-wrecked a launch like this, every newspaper from here to the moon and back would have headlines in 28 point font about it. I think the Obama administration must have some involvement in keeping this relatively quiet. This car has more problems than the polar bear club stuck at the north pole yet there really isn't the press coverage the way I'd expect.

Yeah, it's an administration conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Far more likely reason it hasn't hit the big time papers? There's a lot more important shit going on in the world these days than worrying about a vehicle that hasn't even sold 15,000 units to date.

Yeah, it's an administration conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Far more likely reason it hasn't hit the big time papers? There's a lot more important shit going on in the world these days than worrying about a vehicle that hasn't even sold 15,000 units to date.

Whats all the fuss with GM's shit boring dull bland G8 that averages 2,600 shit sales a month are GM on a Old/New Inproved/Old deathwish to become the new British Leyland?

Whats all the fuss with GM's shit boring dull bland G8 that averages 2,600 shit sales a month are GM on a Old/New Inproved/Old deathwish to become the new British Leyland?

Anyone care to wager what the Fiat 500 ends up selling here every month? :redcard:

Given the freedom to let the market decide its fate, I could see the Caprice settling in around 5000 units per month. It will undoubtedly sell better at the much larger Chevrolet division than it will under the oft-ignored Pontiac banner. There's still a possibility it will be limited by import capacities, however.

Edited by NickF1011

If Ford muffed the launch of such an important car these days it would be news. With GM it would be news if they didn't "F" it up.

Anyone care to wager what the Fiat 500 ends up selling here every month? :redcard:

Can't answer that one Nick, Richard said it would carry a 3 day ban on BON or two months in Siberia with T-Stag so my lips are sealed :hysterical:

Go make up some fictitious numbers if makes you feel happy :hysterical:

Facts..

The commercial launch of Fiat's latest convertible ensures that the Fiat 500 continues to be much discussed, and confirms its status as an Italian style icon, able to win over the public and critics worldwide. Clear evidence of its success are the 30 awards it has won worldwide, the 11 million internet users who have visited its website (viewing a total of 200 million pages) and more than 360,000 customer orders for the vehicle received in the 59 markets where it is now on sale.

This is all the more impressive when it's appreciated that more than half this vehicle's sales have been recorded outside Italy, (50 per cent elsewhere in Europe and 8 per cent in the rest of the world). In each country where it has been launched, the Fiat 500 has generated enormous interest: in Japan, for example, there have been more than 5,000 orders

LINK

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Can't answer that one Nick, Richard said it would carry a 3 day ban on BON or two months in Siberia with T-Stag so my lips are sealed :hysterical:

Go make up some fictitious numbers if makes you feel happy :hysterical:

Facts..

The commercial launch of Fiat's latest convertible ensures that the Fiat 500 continues to be much discussed, and confirms its status as an Italian style icon, able to win over the public and critics worldwide. Clear evidence of its success are the 30 awards it has won worldwide, the 11 million internet users who have visited its website (viewing a total of 200 million pages) and more than 360,000 customer orders for the vehicle received in the 59 markets where it is now on sale.

This is all the more impressive when it's appreciated that more than half this vehicle's sales have been recorded outside Italy, (50 per cent elsewhere in Europe and 8 per cent in the rest of the world). In each country where it has been launched, the Fiat 500 has generated enormous interest: in Japan, for example, there have been more than 5,000 orders

LINK

While I've never seen one in person, and it doesn't look horrible, I don't think it's anything overly special.

And those numbers are NOT indicative of US sales at all. The US Market is different than those markets if you haven't noticed by now.

While I've never seen one in person, and it doesn't look horrible, I don't think it's anything overly special.

And those numbers are NOT indicative of US sales at all. The US Market is different than those markets if you haven't noticed by now.

You are right we will have to just wait and see, nobody knows how many Chrysler will build and sell for Fiat in the US..

Given the freedom to let the market decide its fate, I could see the Caprice settling in around 5000 units per month. It will undoubtedly sell better at the much larger Chevrolet division than it will under the oft-ignored Pontiac banner. There's still a possibility it will be limited by import capacities, however.

I think that is a bit optimistic but not overly so. Considering where G8 sales are today, it'll be quite a trick to place it at 5k a month on a consistant basis. I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

I think that is a bit optimistic but not overly so. Considering where G8 sales are today, it'll be quite a trick to place it at 5k a month on a consistant basis. I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

I don't think 5000 a month is being unrealistic at all. Compare every other vehicle that has a twin in the Chevrolet lineup to what is in Pontiac's. They all sell/sold significantly better. Cobalt over G5. Malibu over G6. Equinox over Torrent. Chevrolet simply draws from a much larger customer base than Pontiac. I doubt Holden would be willing/able to import 60,000 of them a year though.

I don't think 5000 a month is being unrealistic at all. Compare every other vehicle that has a twin in the Chevrolet lineup to what is in Pontiac's. They all sell/sold significantly better. Cobalt over G5. Malibu over G6. Equinox over Torrent. Chevrolet simply draws from a much larger customer base than Pontiac. I doubt Holden would be willing/able to import 60,000 of them a year though.

While I won't completely disagree with your theory but (yes, Chevy attracts more people than Pontiac) the other factors you have is that first, the Pontiac was actually a GOOD LOOKING car. Chevy typically lacks that quality. Second, there just aren't that many rear drive, low fuel mileage vehicle customers these days, and the ones that are willing to spend the gas money are looking at German stuff primarily or even Jap/Lexus or Infinity stuff.

Bully for them if they can get it that high and fulfill the orders, but if I had money to bet, I'd best against.

While I won't completely disagree with your theory but (yes, Chevy attracts more people than Pontiac) the other factors you have is that first, the Pontiac was actually a GOOD LOOKING car. Chevy typically lacks that quality. Second, there just aren't that many rear drive, low fuel mileage vehicle customers these days, and the ones that are willing to spend the gas money are looking at German stuff primarily or even Jap/Lexus or Infinity stuff.

Bully for them if they can get it that high and fulfill the orders, but if I had money to bet, I'd best against.

Many always said the Firebird looked better than the Camaro too, yet the Camaro always sold better. If the rebranded Caprice looks anything like the models available in the middle east, I think they'll do fine.

RevNews639.jpg

Holden Caprice VE

Only things missing are the non-functional hood scoops.

From GM sites: The maximum that Holden can send to the US, is appx 50K units a year. This would encompass police models, and civilian.

Thus, the 5000 a month is overly optimistic, as the car will be capacity constrained.

That said, most of the GM sites, short of Camaro5, are not really talking about the quality problems at all. I would post it, but would get mercilessly slammed, from here to tomorrow, for daring to say something bad about their "built by God himself" Camaro. The one thread, on the transmission issues, has gone away already, and is all but forgotten. The general consensus is that it is a first year vehicle, so all is forgiven.

My Job 1, first year (2008) F250, has close to 10,000 miles on it. Problems to date: A battery that was gassing, and was promptly replaced (gave me no problems), and a center seat trim piece that was damaged by the dealership, before we got the truck.

That is all.

If I had the problems that these Camaro owners are having, I would be livid.

Edited by Extreme4x4

Many always said the Firebird looked better than the Camaro too, yet the Camaro always sold better. If the rebranded Caprice looks anything like the models available in the middle east, I think they'll do fine.

RevNews639.jpg

Holden Caprice VE

Only things missing are the non-functional hood scoops.

The Caprice will either be that (slightly different bumper than G8), or exactly the same as the G8, but with a Chevy grille, IMO.

From GM sites: The maximum that Holden can send to the US, is appx 50K units a year. This would encompass police models, and civilian.

Thus, the 5000 a month is overly optimistic, as the car will be capacity constrained.

That said, most of the GM sites, short of Camaro5, are not really talking about the quality problems at all. I would post it, but would get mercilessly slammed, from here to tomorrow, for daring to say something bad about their "built by God himself" Camaro. The one thread, on the transmission issues, has gone away already, and is all but forgotten. The general consensus is that it is a first year vehicle, so all is forgiven.

My Job 1, first year (2008) F250, has close to 10,000 miles on it. Problems to date: A battery that was gassing, and was promptly replaced (gave me no problems), and a center seat trim piece that was damaged by the dealership, before we got the truck.

That is all.

If I had the problems that these Camaro owners are having, I would be livid.

The other thing to remember... we're only seeing responses on Camaro5.com, which are the car's loyalists. What are the GP thinking who buy this car? Or are they?

Highlights from today:

My wife weighs 110 lbs and when she gets in the passenger seat most times the airbag activation will not come on. Sometimes it works when she wiggles or jumps up & down on it. Seems to me it should be a little more sensitive than that! The dealer has no clue. He gave me some bull that it may or may not work depending on her seating position. She tried every possible position, sometimes it works and most times it doesn't. Anyone else see this problem?

((Re: "Service Airbag Warning)) Anybody else getting this??, mine comes on sporadically..but doesn't stay on...and I noticed it seems to happen more while slowing to a stop ,but has happened under other circumstances as well.

Any thoughts?

Was wondering what the rattling was in the rear of my car. Low and behold, the two outer spoiler nuts came loose.

Have the stripe package

2500 miles.

Guess it will be a 3 day down time at dealer. Would do it myself, but afraid to scratch something.

ARGH!

Just for Shiznits and giggles, I went out to check mine, and low and friggin' behold, all four nuts were no more than finger tight. Nothing that a 10MM socket, a magnet (so not to lose the nuts into the trunk cavitiy), and some BLUE locktite didn't fix. But it does make you wonder......Does anyone know how close on the assembly line the spoilers are installed in relation to the MN6 Tranny......HOUSTON we may have found the problem.........
Edited by PREMiERdrum