Camaro quality control issues

chevys

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Start here and look through the topics. Im amazed with halfshaft failures, paint issues, interior trim problems and everything you can think of. The L99 has issues and they are being blown off the street by way lesser cars. :hysterical:

I just figured they would do better than this. I frequent the 2010 Mustang forums all the time and there is little if any problems. I expect some issues with a new model but this is 2009 now right? Usually its locked to a few common issues but this car is starting to look like a POS.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::just read through the threads:: :reading:

Wow. Is this the next Focus or Escape launch in terms of quality problems?

At least Ford learned from those failed launches, see Edge and Fusion. GM needs this car to succeed. They can't afford to have it blow up on them when people are already concerned about buying a GM car.

At least Ford learned from those failed launches, see Edge and Fusion. GM needs this car to succeed. They can't afford to have it blow up on them when people are already concerned about buying a GM car.

Oh, believe me, I know how much they learned from those launches. I agree that GM can't afford the bad press now (especially since Chevrolet is supposedly part of the "Good GM")

I just figured they would do better than this. I frequent the 2010 Mustang forums all the time and there is little if any problems. I expect some issues with a new model but this is 2009 now right? Usually its locked to a few common issues but this car is starting to look like a POS.

Just like the last Camaro

My favorites are the spoilers only fastened on one side, and the trannys self destructing. Oh, and the spotted blank paint! :hysterical:

i heard the steering wheels are square per the new car czar....kinda torn here--i love to see chevy tank..but dammit this is our country and i am sick of tojo making inroads into our industry...who to blame??????the whole damn GM organization....put a product out that aint of piece of crap...geez...and they wonder why oh why tojo has cleaned em.....i just cant win..i root for the underdog and still i get butt bruised....just once i would like to see us win one....i can now understand the plight of the cubs fan...i dunno...may be i should look at a new dahitsu for quailty...

i heard the steering wheels are square per the new car czar....kinda torn here--i love to see chevy tank..but dammit this is our country and i am sick of tojo making inroads into our industry...who to blame??????the whole damn GM organization....put a product out that aint of piece of crap...geez...and they wonder why oh why tojo has cleaned em.....i just cant win..i root for the underdog and still i get butt bruised....just once i would like to see us win one....i can now understand the plight of the cubs fan...i dunno...may be i should look at a new dahitsu for quailty...

No one to blame but the same old GM... they KNEW how pivotal this product would be, and they had more than enough time to get things right. Further, the Quality Control batch hold (which we all saw pictures of) seems to have caused at least some of the paint problems (acid, or bird poo, or whatever) resiue was allowed to sit on the paint for too long causing the spots. D'oh! :banghead:

::just read through the threads:: :reading:

Wow. Is this the next Focus or Escape launch in terms of quality problems?

I was not aware of those problems with the Focus and Escape but dont keep up with those sorts of cars much. I dont doubt your word though.

My favorites are the spoilers only fastened on one side, and the trannys self destructing. Oh, and the spotted blank paint! :hysterical:

Dont forget the halfshafts and the L99 autos not running worth a crap. I have never seen so many problems with a new launch but Im sure some of you guys have seen worse. It happens but right now is not a good time for GM to get bad press. In fairness, these cars get beat on hard which may explain the trannys and half shafts but Jesus. GM is going to eat a lot of warranty work it looks like.

I was not aware of those problems with the Focus and Escape but dont keep up with those sorts of cars much. I dont doubt your word though.

The Focus launch for MY2000 was pretty bad... although I owned a 2000 and a 2001 and had -zero- problems with both of them. I think there were something like 13 or 14 recalls total in the first year. I don't know the number for the 2001 Escape, but remember it being high.

To contrast, look at the new product launches since then: Five Hundred, Fusion, Freestyle, 04 F150, 05 Mustang, 08 Focus: They've all had great launhes, save for the flamethrower Super Duties. :hysterical:

Looks like they learned their lesson... GM, apparently, has not. Maybe instead of basing it on a Holden platform, they should have tried Opel? It would have been a profit machine!!!

So you're going to tell me that none of the test engineers broke ANYTHING on these cars while they were testing them?? It sounds like we'll be hearing about this thing breaking all KINDS of crap here for a while. The sucking sound you hear is GM warranty claims from all the mullets dropping those clutches at 4,000.

WOO HOO!! The CRAPMARO IS BACK.

To contrast, look at the new product launches since then: Five Hundred, Fusion, Freestyle, 04 F150, 05 Mustang, 08 Focus: They've all had great launhes, save for the flamethrower Super Duties.

The 09 F150 has been good also. The super duties were plagued by the Navistar engine right? They are damn good trucks but I would be afraid of the diesel myself because of the horror stories I have read about.

Ford has been improving no doubt.

Im just shocked GM is having this many problems. Maybe Im living under a rock but I dont see their other cars plagued like this. Im sure somebody will correct me if Im wrong but for example hasnt the Malibu been pretty good? I hate to throw the whole company under the bus for one plant that might be screwed up.

So GM is doing the batch and hold, but aren't actually inspecting anything?

Sounds about right.

Yep, its a shame. Im embarrased as I like the Camaro and just love the LS3. WTF? Scott Settlemire who I got banned for bashing needs his ass kicked for bringing this over weight pig to market. Im not backing off of that Scott or your Camaro faighful. Game is on big mouth AND YOUR CAR HAS QUALITY ISSUES TO BEAT THE BAND. LOL :hysterical: Good job Scott and what where some of those smart mouth comparisons to the mustang????? You are owned. Big time FAIL. B ut that is typical GM. LOL We expect it. What a bunch of clowns you are.

Just wait for the 5L and we will clean your clock you asshole. IM sick of your shit and the big boy is coming and you are going to be on your heels you bastard. Im not taking any shit from you any more. You have failed and when the 5L gets here you will owned. Im not taking it back either. We have a score to settle you arrogant asshole. This time you will be on your heels.

I am po'd and ready. Are you with the quality control problems you idiot? Bring it on, in time the Mustang will put you and your idiot group out of businss again. Dont even tihink it cant happen. Settlemire, you arrogant ass you are lucky to have a job with what you put out. Nice job with all the problems asshole. LOL

The Focus launch for MY2000 was pretty bad... although I owned a 2000 and a 2001 and had -zero- problems with both of them. I think there were something like 13 or 14 recalls total in the first year. I don't know the number for the 2001 Escape, but remember it being high.

I too had a 2000 Focus and had nary a problem with it...

There is a huge difference between a voluntary recall and having to go begging at the dealership for repair assistance

While it was embarrassing to watch Ford go through that with Focus and Escape....it looks like the lessons learned (Edge holds, Fusion holds) seems to be learned well....

Yep, its a shame. Im embarrased as I like the Camaro and just love the LS3. WTF? Scott Settlemire who I got banned for bashing needs his ass kicked for bringing this over weight pig to market. Im not backing off of that Scott or your Camaro faighful. Game is on big mouth AND YOUR CAR HAS QUALITY ISSUES TO BEAT THE BAND. LOL :hysterical: Good job Scott and what where some of those smart mouth comparisons to the mustang????? You are owned. Big time FAIL. B ut that is typical GM. LOL We expect it. What a bunch of clowns you are.

Just wait for the 5L and we will clean your clock you asshole. IM sick of your shit and the big boy is coming and you are going to be on your heels you bastard. Im not taking any shit from you any more. You have failed and when the 5L gets here you will owned. Im not taking it back either. We have a score to settle you arrogant asshole. This time you will be on your heels.

I am po'd and ready. Are you with the quality control problems you idiot? Bring it on, in time the Mustang will put you and your idiot group out of businss again. Dont even tihink it cant happen. Settlemire, you arrogant ass you are lucky to have a job with what you put out. Nice job with all the problems asshole. LOL

Tell us how you really feel! :hysterical: