Spy Shot: Redesigned Lincoln MKX

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What luxury brand doesnt?

quite a few.....let me put it too you this way...one can distinguish BMW's however at a glance is that a MkX or MkT behind you...sure its a Lincoln....BUT WHICH ONE....at least vary SOMETHINGl take a note from Fords book...put a Fusion, Edge and 2010 Taurus side by side...all have iterations of a three bar...but EACH is distinctive....Lincolns latched on to a lazy cop out ( although so far this is the most eleghant Baleen Beak yet )

Edited by Deanh

quite a few.....let me put it too you this way...one can distinguish BMW's however at a glance is that a MkX or MkT behind you...sure its a Lincoln....BUT WHICH ONE....at least vary SOMETHINGl take a note from Fords book...put a Fusion, Edge and 2010 Taurus side by side...all have iterations of a three bar...but EACH is distinctive....Lincolns latched on to a lazy cop out ( although so far this is the most eleghant Baleen Beak yet )

I disagree, all look broadly similar but have their own details. Naming issues aside, if anyone's mistaking the midsize sedan for the 7-passenger crossover they likely couldn't tell BMWs apart either.

I disagree, all look broadly similar but have their own details. Naming issues aside, if anyone's mistaking the midsize sedan for the 7-passenger crossover they likely couldn't tell BMWs apart either.

easy call..........and NOT a problem irrespective of guessing due to size alone...check out all the differing headlights and the kidney varies in size...bet i could guess 4 out of 5....the only hiccup could be the 1 and 3 series....same can be said of Benz.....I need someone to cut and paste frontal shots of the S, T and X....you will see what i mean....

Edited by Deanh

Long term you could be right but maybe Ford is gambling on lifting Lincoln awareness on the roads.

That could really lift Lincoln sales fairly quickly but agree they need to watch the differentiation.

Long term you could be right but maybe Ford is gambling on lifting Lincoln awareness on the roads.

That could really lift Lincoln sales fairly quickly but agree they need to watch the differentiation.

hey...just for etification...i didnt say i didn't like it...it IS a statement...BUT vary something for christs sake...even the headlights are all from the seemingly same bin.........

Yea, I kind of liked the old 60's style grill, seemed very "country clubish" or preppy. Once saw a silver haired gentleman in his 60's with his wife both dressed like they were going to a dinner at the country club in a yellow/creme colored MKS that had a darker two tone paint treatment on the bottom of the vehicle. Looked Classic as heck and perfect.

But I like what Lincoln has been doing. The two sedans that have the split wing look good. Probably will look good on this but still I'm torn as to the idea of having such similar front ends on all the cars. Granted it works for BMW though as stated above they do seem to have more differentation amongst the BMW models.

Edited by Fordowner

hey...just for etification...i didnt say i didn't like it...it IS a statement...BUT vary something for christs sake...even the headlights are all from the seemingly same bin.........

That's what I mean, a corporate face is OK but it musn't become identical.

Thanks for the BMW example, that's a good illustration of differentiation with a corporate face.

That's what I mean, a corporate face is OK but it musn't become identical.

Thanks for the BMW example, that's a good illustration of differentiation with a corporate face.

Mercedes is similar...one can differentiate their lineup as well ( once again irrespective of scale ) they do it basically with contour lines and differing headlight interpretations....

Hell nearly every Ford from 1986 to 1990 had the same exact headlight design on them

thankfully they have gotten away from that LATELY....yet not so long ago they attempted putting "Edge" like drop down lights on every second model....along with the same 3 bar chrome Gilette grill.....

Edited by Deanh

I've posted this in other threads, but haven't gotten a good response:

Here's an update of a chop I did a while back for the 2011 redesign:

mkxchop3.jpg

Here's the old chop for reference:

mkxchop2.jpg

Although, the spy shot shows that there isn't a horizontal bar through the middle of the grille like on my chop.

Edited by rmc523

Still ugly. Then again, I've never liked Lincoln's over the Ford versions.

Still not as ugly as the mugs plastered all over Cadillac. On second thought, yeah it is uglier. I really wish they would do something with that krill-catching grill.

Well, it's either that, a cheese grater, or a triple razor blade.....those are the options. :hysterical: