Lutz says Pontiac G8 won't spawn Chevrolet Caprice

TomServo92

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another thing....

But I have to say that, with my new "marketing" hat on, upon further review and careful study, we simply cannot make a business case for such a program.

Maximum Bob is suffering from blogorrhea.

There is NO WAY that a detailed study has been conducted in the few days that have elapsed since the Lutzster crammed his figurative size 11s into his metaphorical piehole.

NO new information has suddenly come across his desk or into the hazy segment of the real world that he is capable of observing while peering through his unique "Of course I'm right, I'm Bob-ever-lovin'-Lutz" tunnel vision. The G8/Caprice/Impala/Wildcat/Century/Bel Air/Nomad/Corvette Sedan/Bonneville/Rocket 88/Roadmaster/Fleetwood/Whatever is just as dumb an idea now as it was a few days ago.

But the mighty Lutzmeister would have us believe that--speaking ex cathedra--the Zeta sedan is a bad idea even if he, the infallible Roberterino, still personally thinks that it's a dang fine car--for no other apparent reason than that he, the amazing Lutzini, has proclaimed it so in the electronic pages of his GM blog-----a wholly useless artifact that, like the W-body, should have been scrapped years ago.

But, back to the issue at hand:

GM would be the happiest place on earth if Robert Lutz were as smart as he thinks he is, if Fritz Henderson had made the sacrifices that he wants you to think he has, and if GM's products were as good as Pete DeLorenzo would have you believe.

Edited by RichardJensen

GM would be the happiest place on earth if Robert Lutz were as smart as he thinks he is, if Fritz Henderson had made the sacrifices that he wants you to think he has, and if GM's products were as good as Pete DeLorenzo would have you believe.

Can mods get POTW? I so, I nominate...

And another thing....

Maximum Bob is suffering from blogorrhea.

There is NO WAY that a detailed study has been conducted in the few days that have elapsed since the Lutzster crammed his figurative size 11s into his metaphorical piehole.

NO new information has suddenly come across his desk or into the hazy segment of the real world that he is capable of observing while peering through his unique "Of course I'm right, I'm Bob-ever-lovin'-Lutz" tunnel vision. The G8/Caprice/Impala/Wildcat/Century/Bel Air/Nomad/Corvette Sedan/Bonneville/Rocket 88/Roadmaster/Fleetwood/Whatever is just as dumb an idea now as it was a few days ago.

But the mighty Lutzmeister would have us believe that--speaking ex cathedra--the Zeta sedan is a bad idea even if he, the infallible Roberterino, still personally thinks that it's a dang fine car--for no other apparent reason than that he, the amazing Lutzini, has proclaimed it so in the electronic pages of his GM blog-----a wholly useless artifact that, like the W-body, should have been scrapped years ago.

But, back to the issue at hand:

:hysterical: :hysterical:

No kidding. I have been amusing myself immensely, reading all of the drama on GMI and other GM forums. You couldn't make up sh** this good, if you tried.

Does anyone at GM realize how stupid this makes them all look?? Then you have to ask................ do they care??? Which brings you right back to GM arrogance, which I guess was part of "good" GM, not "bad" GM.

Pathetic.

Does anyone at GM realize how stupid this makes them all look?? Then you have to ask................ do they care??? Which brings you right back to GM arrogance, which I guess was part of "good" GM, not "bad" GM.

I don't think its doing as much damage as you think it is...I'd say that the vast majority of car buyers won't even have a clue to all this Auto Drama thats going on at GM.

Mean while I'll sit back and just laugh/shake my head at it...

I don't think its doing as much damage as you think it is...I'd say that the vast majority of car buyers won't even have a clue to all this Auto Drama thats going on at GM.

Mean while I'll sit back and just laugh/shake my head at it...

But they are still doing damage. At a time when damage control should be minimized they are still running around making themselves look like incompitent fools, even if it is only to a smaller enthusiast crowd.

But they are still doing damage. At a time when damage control should be minimized they are still running around making themselves look like incompitent fools, even if it is only to a smaller enthusiast crowd.

i think even the general public still sees the joke that they are.

GM has still failed to make the tough decisions. Saturn Saab and Hummer. Big deal. Same for Pontiac, who, beyond the G8 offer nothing that isnt a rebadged Chevy. The public knows this. A tought decision would be to kill GMC. Make all the trucks Chev. A 3 division structure of Chev, Bucik Caddy and focus on making those 3 the best in the world with no badge engineering.

Until GM starts to think this way, the public wont give them any slack other than a hard luck welfare case that needs to die once and for all.

Killing divisions isn't 'tough'. It's what GM management has wanted to do for years. What bad, inept GM management has wanted to do for years. It's a lazy man's way of trying to solve a very real problem.

You're complaining of a sharp stabbing pain in your left arm? Well, let's chop it off. That'll solve that problem for you.

Killing divisions isn't 'tough'. It's what GM management has wanted to do for years. What bad, inept GM management has wanted to do for years. It's a lazy man's way of trying to solve a very real problem.

You're complaining of a sharp stabbing pain in your left arm? Well, let's chop it off. That'll solve that problem for you.

The sales volume generated by the discarded brands is roughly 15 to 18%, that doesn't seem like a huge

reduction in volume and could easily be filled once the economy starts going again.

A leopard doesn't change its spots, GM did just enough to convince the government they deserve to live.

I think the government will want to sell it stock at first chance, GM will go back to "business as usual".