2010 Fusion Monochrome Package?

What I'd love to see would be either solid black or black chrome option - I'm picturing a silver or (torch) red body with a black grille. Now THAT would be sharp, and still get rid of all the chrome.

I might do a chop if I feel like it.

I did a chop for Furious1Auto probably a year or more ago now making his Fusion's wheels, headlight surrounds, and grille blue just to see what it'd look like.....that was a pain in the rear, here it is, anyway:

bluechrome.jpg

It's been pretty heavily pixellated (sp?) since I did it, but you get the idea.

Edited by rmc523

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill do one when i get home. Itll look better with a smoked chrome grille than with the monochrome. Im still not liking it. The seat fabric is ok.

Anyone else remember the rocky looking pattern Ford put in some Rangers in the early 2000s? Its no worse than that

Has anyone seen the Milan's cloth seat fabric? The black interior comes with black fabric that has white lightning bolt looking things on it (might be marble veining - either way it's bad). It looks like the cover of my first trapper keeper.

Edit (to add link): milan.jpg

Edited by PREMiERdrum

What I'd love to see would be either solid black or black chrome option - I'm picturing a silver or (torch) red body with a black grille. Now THAT would be sharp, and still get rid of all the chrome.

here's a quickie I did back in July

unfortunately the black doesn't look very chrome-y

th_Ford2010.jpg < click for fullsize

re: the fabrics

yeah, I've been wondering (from pix) too

think I'd like a sort of tone-on-tone like the Fusion SE used to have

(for Merc maybe sort of a herringbone? cuz the repeated /// would like little M's ;))

Edited by 2b2

here's a quickie I did back in July

unfortunately the black doesn't look very chrome-y

th_Ford2010.jpg < click for fullsize

re: the fabrics

yeah, I've been wondering (from pix) too

think I'd like a sort of tone-on-tone like the Fusion SE used to have

(for Merc maybe sort of a herringbone? cuz the repeated /// would like little M's ;))

I like that one with the black/dark chrome grille. My problem with the monochromatic one is that there's an obvious area where a different "material" (for lack of a better word) should be where the bars are, even though they're painted body color. I hope that made any sense.

I might do a chop if I feel like it.

I did a chop for Furious1Auto probably a year or more ago now making his Fusion's wheels, headlight surrounds, and grille blue just to see what it'd look like.....that was a pain in the rear, here it is, anyway:

bluechrome.jpg

It's been pretty heavily pixellated (sp?) since I did it, but you get the idea.

I think it ate the Wonka Gum with the Blueberry Pie Dessert

As I look at the "monochrome" package I am left wondering if Ford plans a trim level below "S" for use in the livery/taxi market with the grille painted argent and the interior covered in a heavy vinyl, possibly a 3" stretch to the rear seating.

Just thinking out loud here... :reading:

You pretty much just described the next gen Taurus....its going on the D4 or whatever the EUCD update is going to be called.

As I look at the "monochrome" package I am left wondering if Ford plans a trim level below "S" for use in the livery/taxi market with the grille painted argent and the interior covered in a heavy vinyl, possibly a 3" stretch to the rear seating.

Just thinking out loud here... :reading:

Thats exactly what the monochrome package and these dated interiors look like, a sub S trim level, whether it is marketed that way or not, they look terrible and god help us if this platform becomes a taxi because then I have to buy 2 new cars again.

Thats exactly what the monochrome package and these dated interiors look like, a sub S trim level, whether it is marketed that way or not, they look terrible and god help us if this platform becomes a taxi because then I have to buy 2 new cars again.

I'd like to know where you get your brilliant deduction skills from...the car shown was a S model, which is the el-cheapo model and the Monochromatic package is on ALL trims of the Fusion, including the SEL.

I'd like to know where you get your brilliant deduction skills from...the car shown was a S model, which is the el-cheapo model and the Monochromatic package is on ALL trims of the Fusion, including the SEL.

I don't care what trim level it is sold as. It should be sold as a sub-S level. It looks bad. Really really bad. I was against the grille and now that I've seen the inside :doh:

This is epic. What if you had never looked at a Fusion before and the first one you sat in was one of these with a Krylon grille and lightening bolt- gold leaf seats? You'd buy a Toyota. Thats what would happen.

Edited by aggoodin

I don't care what trim level it is sold as. It should be sold as a sub-S level. It looks bad. Really really bad. I was against the grille and now that I've seen the inside :doh:

This is epic. What if you had never looked at a Fusion before and the first one you sat in was one of these with a Krylon grille and lightening bolt- gold leaf seats? You'd buy a Toyota. Thats what would happen.

Yeah, because this:

2010.toyota.camry.20265021-396x249.jpg

Makes would be the best choice hands down. The interior is even worse and cheap.

Can't be that bad. It's outselling the Fusion about 4 to 1.

(Maybe 3 to 1, haven't seen recent sales numbers)

Well, of course, the floor mats help you accelerate. Who doesn't want that feature?

Seriously though, I like the Camry's interior more. Ford is a bit too conservative in dash materials/grains. I have no problem with the fabric choices however.

Well, of course, the floor mats help you accelerate. Who doesn't want that feature?

Seriously though, I like the Camry's interior more. Ford is a bit too conservative in dash materials/grains. I have no problem with the fabric choices however.

Are you kidding? How can you call Fusion "more conservative" than the Camry.