Mustang 3.7 torque figures revealed??

They messed up the rpm figures for the hp peak. It should probably say 6,250 or something. 315 hp at 5,250 would be 315 lb-ft of torque, and I think we've established that it won't have that.

Now, interestingly, that torque number comes pretty low (3500) and if the 315 is 6,250, then the torque curve is broad and flat. DI? Maybe?

I'm also expecting that the new V6 will probably be lighter than the Cologne 4.0L its replacing, along with the new 6 speed, will be quite quick and lively compared to the V6 Camaro.

+1, all indicators point in that direction. To be fair, the V6 market is a big one and it's about time. I read an article on the Camaro RS and it was a good one. With equal to more power and lighter weight, we'll have a winner. I read the Bullet-only pieces were made standard on the GT, did the 05-09 GT parts make it to the 2010 V6?

If you read the comments, everybody is saying that with the numbers being so close, and the Camaro being more aerodynamic (which it isn't), that the Camaro should still beat the Stang.

WTF? more horsepower, more torque, ans A SIGNIFIGANT WEIGHT ADVANTAGE will leave the Camaro in the weeds. It's amazing how nobody factors in the power to weight unless they're calling the GT500 a "pig".

BTW, the GT500 just beat the ZR-1 in the Motor Trend "driver's car" write up.

But then again, the Miata beat them both, so....

If you read the comments, everybody is saying that with the numbers being so close, and the Camaro being more aerodynamic (which it isn't), that the Camaro should still beat the Stang.

WTF? more horsepower, more torque, ans A SIGNIFIGANT WEIGHT ADVANTAGE will leave the Camaro in the weeds. It's amazing how nobody factors in the power to weight unless they're calling the GT500 a "pig".

BTW, the GT500 just beat the ZR-1 in the Motor Trend "driver's car" write up.

But then again, the Miata beat them both, so....

Who cares if Camaro fan boys start making arguments about how the Camaro will be faster because of its "superior" aerodynamics? If they think it's faster, then let them ... when the numbers come out, maybe the Mustang will prove them wrong.

If it doesn't, well .. then maybe there is something to what they're saying? I doubt it though. I agree with your power to weight argument. Either way though, we win, because the Mustang is the better, nicer looking, lighter weight car ...

If everything we know is true the V6 Mustang will blow the Camaro in the weeds. Right now it weighs in at 3401 I think and I have read the 3.7 is 100 lbs less than the 4.0. Add bigger brakes and a bigger tranny and lests say it comes in at 3350. 3400 at the worst. For the first time in my life Im excited about a V6 stang and it should be a solid 13 second car. Gearing will play a big part of course but the GM fan boys are not liking this. They may get a bump in power but they cant shed the weight.

If everything we know is true the V6 Mustang will blow the Camaro in the weeds. Right now it weighs in at 3401 I think and I have read the 3.7 is 100 lbs less than the 4.0. Add bigger brakes and a bigger tranny and lests say it comes in at 3350. 3400 at the worst. For the first time in my life Im excited about a V6 stang and it should be a solid 13 second car. Gearing will play a big part of course but the GM fan boys are not liking this. They may get a bump in power but they cant shed the weight.
Shouldn't way a hair over 3,300 lbs.

Obviously, I'm retarded...

Edited by Versa-Tech

WOndering if the 'track-pack' will be only for the GT's?

A lighter Sixer with a tight suspension and wider tires sounds *fun*.

One thing a V6 track-pack really needs is a traction-lok differential. Every chance that I've had to speak with "Team Mustang", I've begged them to include this. You figure it's an off the shelf part from the Ranger that needs no research or development and that Ford can make a bit more profit on. No more one wheel burnouts.

One thing a V6 track-pack really needs is a traction-lok differential. Every chance that I've had to speak with "Team Mustang", I've begged them to include this. You figure it's an off the shelf part from the Ranger that needs no research or development and that Ford can make a bit more profit on. No more one wheel burnouts.

Well if the Cyclone 3.7L will give power as mentioned... I think a track pack/ pony package ought to include upgraded brakes too.

As I'm getting to know my 06' sixer and pushing her harder, I'm realizing the stock brakes leave something to be desired.

I think we're dreaming. I don't think we will get this engine. I just expect the 250 something HP 3.5 as the standard engine. Like all the other Ford cars use. It would be nice to get a hi performance version of the 3.7, but I don't see that happening anytime soon...no matter the rumor mill.

Hasn't it been common knowledge that the 3.7 was going in the Mustang and F150 for quite some time now?

Are you saying Versa Tech and BlueII are B.S. artists? I wouldn't lump them into your "rumor mill". Everyone that should be in the know has said 3.7, who is your source?

The only unknowns at this point are power numbers.

I think we're dreaming. I don't think we will get this engine. I just expect the 250 something HP 3.5 as the standard engine. Like all the other Ford cars use. It would be nice to get a hi performance version of the 3.7, but I don't see that happening anytime soon...no matter the rumor mill.

3.7L confirmed for the '011 'Stang. Take it to the bank.

Power numbers... they do seem suspiciously high, don't they? I guess I'm still getting used to hearing good news from Ford. This is great news - hence my instinctive suspicion.

Hopefully, in a couple of years, we'll all be used to great Ford news like this.

No....I just think no one really knows yet exactly what will be in the engine compartment of the next Mustang. If Ford does develop the 3.7 for RWD in the F 150 and the Mustang, which makes sense, I would just expect a modest 87 tune and HP rating.

No doubt....in coming years, a performance version of the V 6 will be available.

While I have no proof of my statements...we know from experience that Ford doesn't give us all the "goodies" the first year they introduce an engine. I'm also expecting a modest HP rating for the new 5.0 if it debuts in the Mustang GT. A higher rating if it comes in a special model.

Just because the 5.0 and 3.7 have been developed to high HP numbers in the engine plant, as reported, doesn't mean we get those versions the first year out.

During the football game (which I don't want to talk about- Reed misses 2 field Goals? WTF)GMC was running ads bragging about 315 hp in the Seirra Pick up which I presume is a V-8. Why not a 315 hp 3.7 in the F-150? Better mpg and plenty of power compared to the current offerings.

You can't look at peak values...especially in trucks. The entire powerband, where power is produced, and how hard an engine has to work are all factors that are more important than a peak hp value. The 5.3 in the GM will roast the 3.7 in category where power is important.