Saw a GMC Terrain up close on the road today

rmc523

As the title says, I saw a GMC Terrain up close on the road today.

Here's a picture:

terrain2.jpg

Overall, I was not very impressed. From the rear, the taillights look WAAAY to high, and that chrome bar between them is much too big. I hated the square wheel wells, as I knew I would. The front was just ok at best, and I couldn't really see the interior. I just don't know what the GM stylists were thinking when they drew up this one........parts of it look like they've evolved from an Aztec....

As the title says, I saw a GMC Terrain up close on the road today.

Here's a picture:

terrain2.jpg

Overall, I was not very impressed. From the rear, the taillights look WAAAY to high, and that chrome bar between them is much too big. I hated the square wheel wells, as I knew I would. The front was just ok at best, and I couldn't really see the interior. I just don't know what the GM stylists were thinking when they drew up this one........parts of it look like they've evolved from an Aztec....

I haven't seen one up close, but I agree with you...the stylists must've been smoking something.

That picture would have been much better looking had you gotten less of the Terrain and more of the interior of your Flex! :hysterical:

I can't believe Ford guys are complaining about "blocky" SUVs. :shades:

May I suggest an eye exam?? I saw this thing the other night on TV commercial for the first time. I cannot believe they would try to pull this off. I also cannot believe that some people will find this vehicle attractive. It is a basically a larger Scion XB. Box on wheels. No thanks. Another epic fail for GM.

haven't seen one in person yet

but from pix I rather like it

GMC-Terrain_2010_photo_03.jpg

tho

it does seem a bit 'different just to be different'

&

agree that back chrome should be much smaller, maybe = the backup lites

&

think the front 'graphics' could be better in general

yet

the interior LOOKS fine so far imho

The only "blocky" part I really dislike on most GM SUV's are the "blocky" fenders. The curves done on the Ford SUV's balance out of the "blockiness" of the rest of the design in my opinion. Though I would say the Super Duty is my least favorite of the "blocky" Ford designs.

I saw one two or so days ago. It was ugly. I thought I might like it from the pictures- but no, it's just ugly.

Oh, and I finally saw a Camaro up close- not bad, but ugly from behind.

car appears to be frowning at both ends...over done cartoon of a car that camaro...more I see em, more I cringe....

Edited by Deanh

I saw one two or so days ago. It was ugly. I thought I might like it from the pictures- but no, it's just ugly.

I thought it looked ok in Pictures till I saw it in person...not good...Its far too upright looking and the fenders don't help, thus the blocky comment I made

I haven't seen one up close, but I agree with you...the stylists must've been smoking something.

That picture would have been much better looking had you gotten less of the Terrain and more of the interior of your Flex! :hysterical:

LOL, well I took it with my iPhone, which can't zoom, and I didn't wanna run up on the guy's bumper, to go along with the fact that my iPhone was plugged in, so the cord I don't think would've gone any higher, and I was trying to not make my picture taking so obvious, as that might make the guy think I liked his car....because I don't.

As others have said, the curved fenders go a LOOOONG way to toning down the blockiness of Ford's SUVs.

the difference is tasteful execution..........

Exactly!