Can I buy a SHO without sync?

JimmyL57

Can I get a SHO WITHOUT SYNC? I am NOT a Microsoft fan at all. Just wait till some one send a virus to it and your car quits.

I want to delete the SYNC in my order is that possible?

That's not something to worry about. Sync works fine and if nobody told you then you'd never know it was microsoft. It works great and it would be silly to delete it even if it was possible.

Can I get a SHO WITHOUT SYNC? I am NOT a Microsoft fan at all. Just wait till some one send a virus to it and your car quits.

It would be like ordering a Prius without an electric motor. Sure, you can probably tear it out once you get it. But why? It's basically one of the best features of Ford vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Apple Fanboy and literally hate using MS in my "personal" life seeing I am the internal IT guy. However, I just ordered an SEL Fusion and can't wait for Sync!!! In fact, I was going to get an SE without sync but I ended up getting an SEL with Sync and KNEW I need it. It just works!

I'm about as anti MS as they come (despite fixing Windows puts food on my table for now) and the Sync actually works pretty well. I just wish they would do a little better on iPhone integration but other than that I'm impressed. Shame that the only thing MS makes that's worth anything comes with the Ford name attached to it. :)

Now if they partnered with Google (Android) or Apple (OSX/iPhone) I would be in heaven! :)

The weird thing is needing to update your car. But it works well enough, even for us Mac users.

I'm about as anti MS as they come (despite fixing Windows puts food on my table for now) and the Sync actually works pretty well. I just wish they would do a little better on iPhone integration but other than that I'm impressed. Shame that the only thing MS makes that's worth anything comes with the Ford name attached to it. :)

Now if they partnered with Google (Android) or Apple (OSX/iPhone) I would be in heaven! :)

The weird thing is needing to update your car. But it works well enough, even for us Mac users.

When I heard the Ford and Microsoft were teaming up with SYNC, I thought to myself that this is going to bomb big time. So far everything seems to be working fine. Now the question becomes does the Microsoft influence actually run the car or truck or is it just for the entertainment system? If everything else, besides the entertainment system, is developed by people who are use to building cars and trucks, then there should be no worries about how well the car is built or runs. The only issue would be in the entertainment system.

Now, I own a 2010 Explorer that has SYNC in it and everything has been fine. I do have 5,000 miles on it and there has been no issues. I would assume that the vehicle health report would be generated by reading, not changing, the setting in the computer. So to me as long as the SYNC does not integrate itself with the main computer that runs the vehicle, then I see no issue with having it in the vehicle. I don't particularly like Microsoft, but to do some of the stuff that I'm doing, I have no choice but to use Microsoft.

Just my two cents worth

Personally I think people's reactions to MS are over the top...I've been a Apple user for nearly 2 years now, and my Macbook Pro crapped out on me earlier this year with in a year of owning it and my iPhone 3G has broken 2 times in the past year...once it lost EDGE connectivity (replaced phone under warranty) and now the Wi-fi doesn't work (happened a month after the warranty ran out) To be honest I'm less then impressed by Apple right now after all this...the Iphone is a great multimedia device with crappy phone capabilities with it. I never broke a Cell phone in the past 10 years till I got an iPhone (besides sending one through washing machine ;))

I use Linux at work, and its far from being ready for Prime time for Home users (think back to DOS/Windows 3.1 days for functionality) but it is stable, but also a pain in the ass to use (since I'm not as fluent in it as I am with Windows) so I try to avoid it since I can trouble shoot a Windows System much faster.

Many people don't know that many ATM machines use Windows Imbedded in them, and I dont see people complaining about them. Windows is in alot of applications that people don't even know about and is use successfully.

Personally I think people's reactions to MS are over the top...I've been a Apple user for nearly 2 years now, and my Macbook Pro crapped out on me earlier this year with in a year of owning it and my iPhone 3G has broken 2 times in the past year...once it lost EDGE connectivity (replaced phone under warranty) and now the Wi-fi doesn't work (happened a month after the warranty ran out) To be honest I'm less then impressed by Apple right now after all this...the Iphone is a great multimedia device with crappy phone capabilities with it. I never broke a Cell phone in the past 10 years till I got an iPhone (besides sending one through washing machine ;))

Damn, that's bad luck. I've had issues with my MacBook Pro (one of the first unibody models) - hard drive took a dump. Took it to an Apple store and because they were out of the hard drive, I got a new computer. Sucks that the hard drive died but the service was impeccable. Other than that, since 2002 I've not had many issues with my Apple gear including my iPhone. Maybe it's bad Karma? :)

I know on my MacBook before I updated it the other day it was on a 45+ day uptime through sleeps, wakes, dead batteries, etc. I've NEVER had a Windows laptop do that. Ever.

I use Linux at work, and its far from being ready for Prime time for Home users (think back to DOS/Windows 3.1 days for functionality) but it is stable, but also a pain in the ass to use (since I'm not as fluent in it as I am with Windows) so I try to avoid it since I can trouble shoot a Windows System much faster.

I hear that - I'm also an RHCE and while I love Linux for server work, the Desktop is far off for personal use. They have made strides but it's still a little more complicated for the average user. However it is rock solid.

Many people don't know that many ATM machines use Windows Imbedded in them, and I dont see people complaining about them. Windows is in alot of applications that people don't even know about and is use successfully.

That scares the cr@p out of me (they should have never moved off OS/2). There have already been cases of ATM's running Windows getting infected with malware and that just scares me. Not to mention it's would be easy to get something in there like a PIN skimmer, etc. No thanks. Those systems should not be COTS and should be highly proprietary.

The other thing that scares me is voting machines running on Win CE. Same deal.... A few years ago I watched the documentary on HBO about electronic voting and it was amazing how insecure those things were. One was using an Access database for recording votes!!!!

Sorry, I'm of the opinion you don't use the most hacked, easiest exploited OS in mission critical apps. Period, end of story. No matter what MS says, Windows is not safe or secure. Marketshare arguments don't hold water as there are many, many examples where the market leader is not hacked as often.

No, you can't, and that is also the most misinformed statement I've heard. The entertainment/navigation system is completely separate from the engine management computer.

Definitely sounds like someone that doesn't have a clue how PC's work. Probably panicked over Y2K, too.

• 2 weeks later...
To be fair, a lot of pretty smart folks spent probably millions and millions of dollars bracing for the Y2K disaster.

Hey, Y2K was GREAT!!! I work in the industry. It helped keep me employed, entertained me greatly for a year or so, and after it was over lead to some really great inside stories and funny situations.

If the system were to want to do this again, I'd play their silly game. Just keep the paychecks rolling in<G>.

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair, a lot of pretty smart folks spent probably millions and millions of dollars bracing for the Y2K disaster.

I was in the IT industry in 99 (am still am today) and didn't spend one penny for Y2K but I agree with the other poster that I would gladly take the fools' money to help them prepare for the next imaginary disaster coming.

agreed on not being impressed with apple, i love the user interface but the quality isnt up to snuff. i've had my macbook for a year and 2 days. my screen cracked from the cold (10 degF) and apple denied my claim even though they state it wont crack until -30degF. so much for taking care of your customers. on my second iphone now, phone stopped vibrating on texts, and eventually from everyday use the connector for the screen image came detached.

i've had issues with microsoft, but the actually physical product has always been good to me. next computer will be w7, no doubt.