San Diego Auto Show

This was the best thing about the SHOw!

We got to DRIVE a new SHO (a lot of people waitied for a drive), Ecoboost Flex, Hybid Fusion and Fiesta. There was also a FWD Taurus, SEL Fusion and a Mustang GT convertible.

This wasn't one of those 15 MPH parking lot drives either! Lets just say I was above the posted speed limit.

001.jpg

This was the best thing about the SHOw!

We got to DRIVE a new SHO (a lot of people waitied for a drive), Ecoboost Flex, Hybid Fusion and Fiesta. There was also a FWD Taurus, SEL Fusion and a Mustang GT convertible.

This wasn't one of those 15 MPH parking lot drives either! Lets just say I was above the posted speed limit.

001.jpg

Did the mustang have the 5.0L 4V in it if so how did it look and feel??? :happy feet:

Did the mustang have the 5.0L 4V in it if so how did it look and feel??? :happy feet:

No it was the 4.6 in the 'stang.

My impressions: the SHO is as solid and quiet as a vault....on a HOT Wheels track. The Flex was even quieter......something to take your friends to Vegas in, in total comfort.

The Fusion Hybrid was eerily quiet at "idle" yet seamless in transition to I4 power, and it was totally normal in operation.

The Fiesta (drivers were German/Euro models.....inside the show they were US models) with a manual it was a blast! A serious and fun car to DRIVE.

The MKC sure looks nice in dark blue. I know collision regs make it impossible, but the removal of the "B" pillar sure looks great, IMHO. I always liked the 50's-60's "hardtops".

Do you think it's impossible? They obviously make hardtop convertibles w/o posts............

The MKC sure looks nice in dark blue. I know collision regs make it impossible, but the removal of the "B" pillar sure looks great, IMHO. I always liked the 50's-60's "hardtops".

love those suicide doors, will they ever see light of day?....I dont think so in anything less than a $$$$$$$ car.....

Since the show my friend wants a black/black Milan I4/6speed automatic with the moon/tunes/sync package.

He didn't like the Fusion (too much chrome on the grill, doesn't want to pay extra for the appearance package to do the monochrome look), maybe a Mazda 6 or a Malibu.

Since the show my friend wants a black/black Milan I4/6speed automatic with the moon/tunes/sync package.

He didn't like the Fusion (too much chrome on the grill, doesn't want to pay extra for the appearance package to do the monochrome look), maybe a Mazda 6 or a Malibu.

woulnt a Fusion WITH the mono be comparable to a Milan anyways?

I don't know why, but I'm really diggin' this car!

I like it too. Part of it is just the color, but I think in the time since the MKC was first shown we've seen the Cube and the Sole and other edgy designs......this looks a heck of a lot better!

detail:

012s.jpg

I like it too. Part of it is just the color, but I think in the time since the MKC was first shown we've seen the Cube and the Sole and other edgy designs......this looks a heck of a lot better!

detail:

012s.jpg

That photo of the rear quarter kind of looks like at PT Cruiser. :ohsnap:

TImmm or anyone, can you verify if this is the new "C" showcar with the new rear bumper? - it was online a couple? months ago

&

wonder if the paint is Dark Ink Blue... ...I *LOVE* dk.Ink!!!

&

if I just look at the color I don't mind the "C" near as much BUT somehow think it looks even LESS like an appropriate Lincoln - more like a passenger-ized TConnect

detail:

012s.jpg

While it does look better in the blue, I still don't like the hump/hunch-back rear.

TImmm or anyone, can you verify if this is the new "C" showcar with the new rear bumper? - it was online a couple? months ago

&

wonder if the paint is Dark Ink Blue... ...I *LOVE* dk.Ink!!!

&

if I just look at the color I don't mind the "C" near as much BUT somehow think it looks even LESS like an appropriate Lincoln - more like a passenger-ized TConnect

I may be wrong, but that strikes me as too light to be Dark Ink Blue, but it is under show lights, which would make it appear lighter than in the real world. DIB is too dark for my liking.