Holden ute being considered as El Camino

twintornados

This ones a toss up. I do believe theres a market for it, but the question remains, will it sell like a G8 or GTO? If it does, it'll be a lot of work for basically nothing. There are a lot of El Camino fans still out there, the question is do they have the money to get in one of these. I'm thinking more no than yes. Its a gamble.

I do not think this would be a big draw. 2-seater pickups don't sell anymore, I can't see this selling to anyone but an enthusiast. Even then, it's a limited market.

Just what GM needs to do....spend gobs of money chasing niche markets instead of spending the money on high volume vehicles like bringing out new Impala. How about making your bread and butter lineup very competitive before bringing out limited appeal niche vehicles. Successful, highly profitable companies bring out niche vehicles, not companies coming out of bankruptcy. Maybe GM is still in a state of denial.

Just what GM needs to do....spend gobs of money chasing niche markets instead of spending the money on high volume vehicles like bringing out new Impala. How about making your bread and butter lineup very competitive before bringing out limited appeal niche vehicles. Successful, highly profitable companies bring out niche vehicles, not companies coming out of bankruptcy. Maybe GM is still in a state of denial.

Hmmm...sounds a bit like what Ford is doing, while others are clamoring for things like a Bronco. Ford gets it!

Hmmm...sounds a bit like what Ford is doing, while others are clamoring for things like a Bronco. Ford gets it!

Yeah, if Lutz was head of Ford product development, he would be bragging about 2 seat Capri sports car from Australia and other super low volume models that have a long shelf life. You build about 3,000/year and let the dealers inflate the sticker 30% or more and then complain because it doesn't sell. I still remember the last Thunderbird fiasco. How much money did Ford lose on that niche brand.