Remake of Hawaii Five-O

Alex O'Loughlin will be playing Steve McGarrett in the new remake. Lost's Daniel Dae Kim will play Chin Ho Kelly. Two of the producers are Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. They did a pretty good job resurrecting Star Trek.

Anyway, IMHO, the perfect car for McGarrett would be a Tuxedo Black SHO Taurus. I hope that FoMoCo sponsers the new show like they did for the original.

Alex O'Loughlin will be playing Steve McGarrett in the new remake. Lost's Daniel Dae Kim will play Chin Ho Kelly. Two of the producers are Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. They did a pretty good job resurrecting Star Trek.

Anyway, IMHO, the perfect car for McGarrett would be a Tuxedo Black SHO Taurus. I hope that FoMoCo sponsers the new show like they did for the original.

The SHO is the logical choice. If they had done this a few years ago they could have used a Black '03 Marauder. That might have helped Mercury sell them.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Exactly, I mean what else would he ride?

BTW the theme song is by: The Ventures

Hearing the Ventures brought back some great memories. I was at Disneyland for the New Years Eve party for 1970. I was spinning around on the Tomorrow Jets above the People Mover. All of the sudden, from the Tomorrrow Terrace, I hear this music start. Rising from the elevator were The Ventures playing Hawaii Five-O.

They should use a black Mercury Marauder anyway, I don't care if its 6 or 7 years old. All three of Steves cars were Mercury and the other members of Five-O drove Fords, I think it should be kept that way.

It is time Steve moved up to an MKS with ecoboost - tuxedo black of course.

• Like 1

It is time Steve moved up to an MKS with ecoboost - tuxedo black of course.

He's a cop! How many police officers have $50,000 police cars? It's not very practical for a dude drawing a lousey wage to have a pursuit car that's nicer than his personal car. I wouldn't care if they went and found a 74 Merc for his car, JUST KEEP IT A MERCURY. Half the fun of watching reruns of Five-O is to watch that big a$$ Mercury flying around the island in pursuit of the bad guys. Don't break the tradition, many people that go to see the movie will be upset if they do.

He's a cop! How many police officers have $50,000 police cars? It's not very practical for a dude drawing a lousey wage to have a pursuit car that's nicer than his personal car. I wouldn't care if they went and found a 74 Merc for his car, JUST KEEP IT A MERCURY. Half the fun of watching reruns of Five-O is to watch that big a$$ Mercury flying around the island in pursuit of the bad guys. Don't break the tradition, many people that go to see the movie will be upset if they do.

Sonny Crockett drove a Ferrari.... :shades:

Well, who will play Dano? and who will be Kono?

Anyway, the new car should be a souped up Grand Marquis or yes, a Marauder. Plain and simple and keep it Ford! Although for a brief time Chevy's were used as the H.P.D. cop cars. But still. It's Ford.

Now what about that rumored remake of "The Streets of San Francisco" ?

If there is a remake, shouldn't it be "Five-1" or "Six-0"? :P

Have to go with the Marauder, though. It fits, given it's a Mercury and a cop (-like) car.

If it must be a current model, then in the first episode, they should wreck a Marauder look-alike, and then issue an SHO to provide transition.

McGarratt had 3 Mercury's 1967 Marquis, 1968 & 1974 Mercury Parklane Brougham so l think he would still be driving a Mercury like you say Bob, but if he had to have a Lincoln or a Taurus that would not bother me l would just be as pleased as punch it came from Ford and 5-0 was back on screen, gotta admit it was the best TV cop show in world at the time second to none for 3 decades British cop shows as dull as ditchwater at the time somebody stealing some fags from the local corner shop was about as exciting as it got in the UK, CSI plots move to quick, scenes change every 25 seconds you lose the plot fall asleep after 15 minutes, 5-0 was simply it was the best most looooooooooogest running cop shows on the box here ,great to see it coming back as a movie l won't miss it when it comes out 5-0 used to be be a massive hit in the UK missed it when it got dropped by Viacom, Ford used to supply so many other cars for the show.

The Professionals was one of the most exciting we ever had but it was not a touch on 5-0 the storylines, plots, Hawaiian scenery backdrop and opening soundtrack were all top class and have never been bettered by anything that followed it, loved Magnum PI to bits that came after it loved the humour in it, used to have put sun glasses on for every epidode just to take the glare off those Tom Selleck shirts, why can't Ford mass produce something like a 308 GTS at Ford as a Mercury/Lincoln they would sell millions make big bucks for Ford put Mercury/Lincoln on the world map..

All of Aaron Spelling's shows (Charlie's Angels, Starsky & Hutch to name a few) featured Fords. Creator/producer Glen Larson ( Fall Guy, Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica -- yes the Galactica was Ford powered! -- used GM in the beginning but in later years went to Ford. Producer Quinn Martin (FBI, Streets of San Francisco, Cannon) used all Ford Motor vehicles. Producer Dick Wolf (Law & Order) favors Ford so much that many of the bad guy's cars are Volvos, Jaguars, and Aston Martins. And they don't blank out the blue oval like some stupid car commercials try to do!

All of Aaron Spelling's shows (Charlie's Angels, Starsky & Hutch to name a few) featured Fords. Creator/producer Glen Larson ( Fall Guy, Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica -- yes the Galactica was Ford powered! -- used GM in the beginning but in later years went to Ford. Producer Quinn Martin (FBI, Streets of San Francisco, Cannon) used all Ford Motor vehicles. Producer Dick Wolf (Law & Order) favors Ford so much that many of the bad guy's cars are Volvos, Jaguars, and Aston Martins. And they don't blank out the blue oval like some stupid car commercials try to do!

you realize this is a money thing, right?

Ford pays for the vehicles to be in the program?

With the exception off CV patrol cars. If the lead drives a fancy Mustang or F150 is paid placement.

Edited by J-150

He was a cop in 1968 driving a $5700. dollar Mercury in today dollars that's about $35,000 today. BTW, I own a 1968 Mercury Park Lane Brougham.

post-20894-12669984928055_thumb.jpg