2011 Mustang takes in 11,000 orders in first month!

•Orders for the 2011 Ford Mustang approach 11,000 in first month order banks are open – triple the number of orders that the 2010 Ford Mustang had at the same point in its launch

•2011 Mustang V-6s are 50 percent of all orders, up 19 percent versus initial orders in 2010

•First-ever Mustang Club of America (MCA) Special Edition and California Special model demand is triple expectations

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 25, 2010 – The new 2011 Ford Mustang with all-new powertrains has three times more orders than the 2010 model in its first month, and half of all nationwide orders are for the car’s class-leading 30 mpg 3.7-liter V-6 engine.

“Fuel economy ranks among the top two reasons people choose vehicles,” said Steve Ling, North America Car Marketing manager. “With the 2011 Mustang lineup, we’ve found a way to offer even better fuel efficiency for V-6, GT and even Shelby GT500 performance drivers – while improving performance. And consumers are responding.”

Nearly 11,000 Mustangs have been ordered since order banks opened in late January

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=32120

:happy feet:

•Orders for the 2011 Ford Mustang approach 11,000 in first month order banks are open – triple the number of orders that the 2010 Ford Mustang had at the same point in its launch

•2011 Mustang V-6s are 50 percent of all orders, up 19 percent versus initial orders in 2010

•First-ever Mustang Club of America (MCA) Special Edition and California Special model demand is triple expectations

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 25, 2010 – The new 2011 Ford Mustang with all-new powertrains has three times more orders than the 2010 model in its first month, and half of all nationwide orders are for the car’s class-leading 30 mpg 3.7-liter V-6 engine.

“Fuel economy ranks among the top two reasons people choose vehicles,” said Steve Ling, North America Car Marketing manager. “With the 2011 Mustang lineup, we’ve found a way to offer even better fuel efficiency for V-6, GT and even Shelby GT500 performance drivers – while improving performance. And consumers are responding.”

Nearly 11,000 Mustangs have been ordered since order banks opened in late January

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=32120

:happy feet:

what may be a little mis-leading is the fact these may just be stock orders, not for individuals....

I would too, though I'm not exactly excited that the Brembo package doesn't include the 3.73.

As a V6 person I'm amazed by the numbers on the new V6 engine. The new V6 appears to be such a step forward from the V6 I'm driving I certainly would have waited if I had been looking for a new mustang this year. Also if its for stock hopefully that means dealers let their inventory of 2010's get very low so they won't have a depressive effect on pricing.

Still, I'm very happy with my 07, but who can't envy better gas mileage AND more power.

As a V6 person I'm amazed by the numbers on the new V6 engine. The new V6 appears to be such a step forward from the V6 I'm driving I certainly would have waited if I had been looking for a new mustang this year. Also if its for stock hopefully that means dealers let their inventory of 2010's get very low so they won't have a depressive effect on pricing.

Still, I'm very happy with my 07, but who can't envy better gas mileage AND more power.

I just bought a truck so the wifey says I have to wait to get my Mustang. I plan on getting a GT in 2011 or 2012. Honestly, if I planned on using it as a daily driver and not a weekend toy, I'd definitely give the six a serious look. 305hp and 29mpg is just too good of a combination to pass up for a daily driver.

Hmmm, guess I don't see the correlation. A superb V6 having (nearly) the same HP as the outgoing V8, while getting excellent fuel economy, selling very well, equates to needing an EB I4 how? :headscratch:

Yeah, me neither. I think the V6 order rate is simply lower because demand for the new 5.0 is very strong. I imagine there were a lot more V8 shoppers who were waiting for the new engines than there were V6 shoppers.

Yeah, me neither. I think the V6 order rate is simply lower because demand for the new 5.0 is very strong. I imagine there were a lot more V8 shoppers who were waiting for the new engines than there were V6 shoppers.

But this little tidbit shows that V6 orders are up even more than V8 orders:

2011 Mustang V-6s are 50 percent of all orders, up 19 percent versus initial orders in 2010

I just bought a truck so the wifey says I have to wait to get my Mustang. I plan on getting a GT in 2011 or 2012. Honestly, if I planned on using it as a daily driver and not a weekend toy, I'd definitely give the six a serious look. 305hp and 29mpg is just too good of a combination to pass up for a daily driver.

Yea, I use mine as a daily driver, I'm always torn on getting the bigger engine, but I'm happy. Technology is an amazing thing though historic V8 power with MPG's that could be called historic V4 levels.

I thought the article meant the V6 rate was a higher proportion of total sales mustang sales because of the reasons stated above (V8 power V4 mpg). Though the 5.0L also appears to be an amazing animal.

Edit Oops that just got covered while I was typing this.

4 cylinder EB? My V6 already makes the giant engine bay look empty. Thinking if they did a 4 EB they should make a space in the engine bay for luggage - there would be enough room for it.

Edited by Fordowner

If these initial orders are customer orders, then having a 50% V6 order rate is much higher than normal. Typically, the people that pre-order performance cars are the enthusiast shoppers that buy higher trim models. Another example was the Camaro. When the Camaro order banks opened, something like 70% of pre-orders were for the 2SS, which is the highest Camaro trim.

Exactly! I've been very interested in the '11 V6 Stang since they announced it.

What I was meaning, but lacked an explanation, was: it appears more people are opting for a smaller engine vs a larger V-8. If that trend continues, Ford may get another increase in sales if they offer the EB 2.0L that is lighter in the front and better MPG then even the 3.7L.

A EB 2.0L would compete with the Genesis Coupe nicely.

What I was meaning, but lacked an explanation, was: it appears more people are opting for a smaller engine vs a larger V-8. If that trend continues, Ford may get another increase in sales if they offer the EB 2.0L that is lighter in the front and better MPG then even the 3.7L.

A EB 2.0L would compete with the Genesis Coupe nicely.

Except the new V6 also has 304 hp, almost as much as the current GT and way more than the V8 models a decade ago.

V6 buyers can no longer be classified as not caring about performance. It's not clear that folks would feel the same way about a EB 2.0L.

Except the new V6 also has 304 hp, almost as much as the current GT and way more than the V8 models a decade ago.

V6 buyers can no longer be classified as not caring about performance. It's not clear that folks would feel the same way about a EB 2.0L.

And why wouldn't the 2011 V6 Mustang not compete with the Geneis Coupe? It blows it away in nearly every comparison...