Ford Falcon Spotted Outside Chicago

maybe there's hope for st thomas , the falcon was built here when we first open, hmmm kind of interesting we're closing and no new products coming or maybe not . we're not being told the whole picture .the tauras will never truly pass as an interceptor its a family sedan and fleets will kill the resale on consumer vehicle but ford will try like last time . i think we're being restructured, scared away with 130,000 dollar buy outs, to rehire for 75% of our wage and benefits that's my guess, but who nows . ha ha ha ha ha . 2012 negotiations between uaw and the company and caw and company should be very very interesting seeing the uaw rejected the last contract . this my play into the caw's favor . ha ha ha . workers against workers . middle man fighting over a few hundred dollars while the corporations and investors steal hunders of millions of dollars

Edited by spazzy

... My question is, why would it be in Chicago?

Chicago is (much of it, not quite all ....yet) The Most Beautiful city in the World!!! :D

any week now the trees will start blooming...

...driving a Falcon down Lake Shore Drive has got to be as close to heaven as anyone can get on this planet <sigh>

some Ford engineer must have been very Very good lately :)

Lets clear this all up.

Here @ home, it's officially called the FPV GT-E - see FPV.com.au for more info or NetCarShow.com for hi-res images of the ins and outs.

It would only be there for Coyote engineering - it's not as if Ford would be nice enough to let you Yanks play with our cars and vice versa. I always hear on forums you guys going - We miss out on the Falcon etc. Well we have to pay $150k for a GT Mustang! Let alone a yummy GT500! So yea. Hmph.

Anyways, hope this clears up any murky waters for anyone...

Oh, and NLPRacing. That bulge has been there since 2003 - originally for the VERY tall heads of the ancient 5.4 BOSS that has adorned the bay for the last 7 years. It's also known as the BOSS 290 for the BA and BF, BOSS 302 for the special edition Cobra BF MkII's and last 200 or so 'normal' BF MkII GT's and BOSS 315 for the current FG. The numbers all represent the power output of the engines in kW - in HP that reads; BOSS 389, BOSS 405 and BOSS 422.

Cheers, Ben

maybe there's hope for st thomas , the falcon was built here when we first open, hmmm kind of interesting we're closing and no new products coming or maybe not . we're not being told the whole picture .the tauras will never truly pass as an interceptor its a family sedan and fleets will kill the resale on consumer vehicle but ford will try like last time . i think we're being restructured, scared away with 130,000 dollar buy outs, to rehire for 75% of our wage and benefits that's my guess, but who nows . ha ha ha ha ha . 2012 negotiations between uaw and the company and caw and company should be very very interesting seeing the uaw rejected the last contract . this my play into the caw's favor . ha ha ha . workers against workers . middle man fighting over a few hundred dollars while the corporations and investors steal hunders of millions of dollars

:rant:

Lets clear this all up.

Here @ home, it's officially called the FPV GT-E - see FPV.com.au for more info or NetCarShow.com for hi-res images of the ins and outs.

It would only be there for Coyote engineering - it's not as if Ford would be nice enough to let you Yanks play with our cars and vice versa. I always hear on forums you guys going - We miss out on the Falcon etc. Well we have to pay $150k for a GT Mustang! Let alone a yummy GT500! So yea. Hmph.

Anyways, hope this clears up any murky waters for anyone...

Oh, and NLPRacing. That bulge has been there since 2003 - originally for the VERY tall heads of the ancient 5.4 BOSS that has adorned the bay for the last 7 years. It's also known as the BOSS 290 for the BA and BF, BOSS 302 for the special edition Cobra BF MkII's and last 200 or so 'normal' BF MkII GT's and BOSS 315 for the current FG. The numbers all represent the power output of the engines in kW - in HP that reads; BOSS 389, BOSS 405 and BOSS 422.

Cheers, Ben

Thanks for info.

Ben, for the record FoA insiders have said the car is there

to be crash tested to validate the new S/C 5.0.

Some of the executives will be given test drives before that happens...

I remember you talking about that, the only thing that still confuses me is why it was in Chicago? If this was pictured in Detroit or near a Ford proving ground, I probably wouldn't even of questioned it. But Chicago? Why would a crash test dummy be in Chicago?

It's a shame we can't spot 5,000 new awesome fun RWD Falcons a month in the UK, rather than dull very boring gutless FWD Mundanes that struggle to sell 1,000 a month in the UK that is the mundane Mondeo's biggest market in the world.

Mondeo sales numbers are very poor in Europe and Ford ignore the fact, maybe they are hoping the Mundane will become more exclusive in sales numbers than a RWD Ferrari but without the price or fun though, fun RWD driving is banned by Ford in Europe.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Thanks for info.

I remember you talking about that, the only thing that still confuses me is why it was in Chicago? If this was pictured in Detroit or near a Ford proving ground, I probably wouldn't even of questioned it. But Chicago? Why would a crash test dummy be in Chicago?

FoA insiders have mentioned the only official cars in USA are for crash tests.

Jay Mays did have a brand new 2002 BA V8 Falcon as his drive car for about 12 months...

Edited by jpd80

Jay Mays did have a brand new 2002 BA V8 Falcon as his drive car for about 12 months...

Another thing that was funny was the removal of the Ford emblems. If you're bring it over to crash, why take off the Ford emblems for test drives?

It's an FPV, they don't have Ford emblems...

feature_fpv.png

So that's what is in the oval space right above the license plate...interesting.

I still question whether this is even a 5.0L. One of the articles mentioned that one of these cars had a remote intercooler mounted near the radiator and the pics of the GT-E seem to show the same thing. IIRC, the Coyote was designed specifically to allow space to mount the intercooler in the engine valley right underneath the supercharger, a la GT500. Where do they mount the intercooler on the turbo 4.0L cars, assuming they have one? The GT-E apparently uses a remote intercooler as well even though it also uses the 5.4L. Just curious...

i thought it was built at DAP in the early sixties

They can be brought over and bonded for a period of 12 months I think. But since they aren't certified for US crash or emissions, they either have to be returned or destroyed. Since shipping a used car back to Oz is not such a stellar proposition, they usually end up smashed into a barrier or used for side impact tests.

By the way, the same is true of the Fiesta Experience cars. Return 'em or crush 'em.

It's a shame we can't spot 5,000 new awesome fun RWD Falcons a month in the UK, rather than dull very boring gutless FWD Mundanes that struggle to sell 1,000 a month in the UK that is the mundane Mondeo's biggest market in the world.

Mondeo sales numbers are very poor in Europe and Ford ignore the fact, maybe they are hoping the Mundane will become more exclusive in sales numbers than a RWD Ferrari but without the price or fun though, fun RWD driving is banned by Ford in Europe.

AGAIN, this thread has NOTHING to do with the Mondeo. STFU about it.

And secondly, the Falcon would probably struggle to sell even 1/3 as many units as the Mondeo in the UK. So please, once again, STFU about it.

AGAIN, this thread has NOTHING to do with the Mondeo. STFU about it.

And secondly, the Falcon would probably struggle to sell even 1/3 as many units as the Mondeo in the UK. So please, once again, STFU about it.

+1

am i the only one who can't follow any of FJM's posts? he just rambles on and on about nothing. :slap:

So that's what is in the oval space right above the license plate...interesting.

I still question whether this is even a 5.0L. One of the articles mentioned that one of these cars had a remote intercooler mounted near the radiator and the pics of the GT-E seem to show the same thing. IIRC, the Coyote was designed specifically to allow space to mount the intercooler in the engine valley right underneath the supercharger, a la GT500. Where do they mount the intercooler on the turbo 4.0L cars, assuming they have one? The GT-E apparently uses a remote intercooler as well even though it also uses the 5.4L. Just curious...

The 5.4 Boss engine is being discontinued in the Falcon as of July 1. Falcon has a very low hood and uses a bulge to clear the V8 engine. The new 5.0 will be assembled in Australia, the S/C engine will be offered with and without inter cooler.

Intercooler for the turbo six is mounted in the same place, down low in front of the radiator.

It makes sense to use the same place for the V8's heat exchanger.

BTW, turbo I-6s are not supplied with hood bulge.

Edited by jpd80

+1

am i the only one who can't follow any of FJM's posts? he just rambles on and on about nothing. :slap:

I believe his complaint is that they should offer the Falcon in the EU Market, the land of the small car, instead of the Mondeo.