Jay leno is so funny

weiweishen

LOL or they good use rusting rotten Tundra frames fast corrosion system that lets the gas tanks fall off in the road and cuts the fuel supply once the sparking gas tank that acts as a anchor breaks away from the fuel hoses of your runaway Prius, this could be another safety fix Toyota could use but it takes out your brake lines out as well though.

Tundra HQ fan boys on Toyota customer care...

Robert Libby Said in April 28th, 2009 @12:02 pm

I own a 2000 Tundra and just had the spare tire drop to the road, with no warning, as I was driving down a slow, 30 mph, country road, good thing I wasn't on the turnpike! This could have been a real life, or, death disaster. This happened during the afternoon on 4/18/09. I then scheduled an inspection at the nearest Toyota dealer and was told that the frame can not be repaired, and gave me an estimate for a $6,500.00 frame replacement, which is more than what the truck is worth. This is a 2000 Tundra SR5 V-6, 5 speed standard shift basic truck, no power anything. I've been driving for over 43 years, and a loyal Toyota driver for the past 25+ years. I had driven a 1992 Toyota 4X4 truck, (made in Japan), for 14 years before buying this used Tundra four years ago. That truck frame had your standard surface rust but that was it. The Tundra frame is flaking off in big sheets of rust, I've never seen anything like it. They should have kept making them in Japan, at least you could depend on them then. Now I've been reading about all the other Tundra owners dealing with the same issue and others. I buy Toyota's to prevent becoming one of the road hazards on the road, but now have become just that. This is not acceptable with today's technology.

janet Gatzke Said in April 29th, 2009 @11:10 am My husband was one of the men interviewed by WCVB. Our 2000 Tundra is an expensive lawn ornament, unable to drive, with a broken frame , and severe leakage of power steering fluid. please also see the additional article by pickuptrucks.com. Toyota needs to finally own up to this problem!

Bob Malone Said in April 29th, 2009 @12:16 pm Be warned. This is still the line Toyota gave me two months ago, as well as several other owners. The dealer will charge you $95 for the frame examination. If you DO fail. I have heard from other owners that they will make you sign a document stating that they told you not to drive it anymore. So in effect, YOU will pay $95 to indemnify TOYOTA against a lawsuit if you continue to drive your truck and get hurt.

mark Said in May 7th, 2009 @5:33 pm I bought a 2000 Tundra from a reputable dealer at the end of 2005.I didnt realize at the time the spare tire was the wrong size and type for my vehicle until the other day when the whole frame collapsed taking with it the LSP&BV,rear shock and two brake lines due to the rust that completely ate through the bracket and the rest of the frame is also rusted and flaking.I cant be certain the spare tire was a fluke or they were trying to hide something as it was never caught for 3 inspections.

dennis jowell Said in July 24th, 2009 @12:25 pm My 01 Tundra started to bounce off the Vermont interstate after driving over a small coefficient strip on a I 89 bridge. I decided to check the shocks after getting back to my farm. The frame was cracked. The front steering stabilizer was hanging down. Most off the frame was missing. The rear differential is mush along with the power steering tube. This is my 7th Toyota and my third Toyota truck. The body is perfect as is the interior and engine. I brought it to my local Toyota dealer to replace the shocks. I was brought out to the repair shop as the Sales Manager is telling me the truck can't be fixed. Plus, oh by the way we can't help you, but we can sell you new truck. This is a five star dealer in Vermont. My truck is my lively hood. I need it daily for my farm. Now what. It won't pass inspection. I have called Toyota directly and the NHTSA. Still no response from Toyota's "Case Worker"

dennis jowell Said in July 24th, 2009 @12:25 pm My 01 Tundra started to bounce off the Vermont interstate after driving over a small coefficient strip on a I 89 bridge. I decided to check the shocks after getting back to my farm. The frame was cracked. The front steering stabilizer was hanging down. Most off the frame was missing. The rear differential is mush along with the power steering tube. I was brought out to the repair shop as the Sales Manager is telling me the truck can't be fixed. Plus, oh by the way we can't help you, but we can sell you new truck. This is a five star dealer in Vermont. My truck is my lively hood. I need it daily for my farm. Now what. It won't pass inspection. I have called Toyota directly and the NHTSA. Still no response from Toyota's "Case Worker"

mainehunter Said in July 26th, 2009 @12:07 pm I have called toyota and filed a report with the NHTSA about my 2001 Tundra. Toyota called me and stated they are looking into the matter. I called the dealer near me and asked them if they had seen many Tundras with frame rot. The dealer got a rotten attitude and said they had never seen a Tundra with frame rot problems.

I hate to say it, this is the last toyota I will own.

Pete Said in November 5th, 2009 @8:41 am I have 2002 Tundra which apparently isnt being investigated for this issue. I noticed this year there was alot of rust on the frame but i figured there wasnt much i can do and just ignored it. When i heard about the investigation on the 0 & 01's i decided to really take a look and im not mechinaic but the picture's posted look alot like my rust.

Roger Wright Said in February 9th, 2010 @1:47 pm Been complaining about the rust on my frame for 3 years and have constantly got the run around by Toyota. Did not realize how big of an issue it is. Just had to replace the exhaust. Completely rusted out. Inspection guy said that I will have to start replacing pieces of the frame in the next year.

rockie Bromell Said in February 23rd, 2010 @3:14 pm My 2000 tundra has been inspected by my dealer on 12/11/09(valenti toyota of RI) and perforation from rust was detected, but toyota corporation has decline any assistance in repairing my vehicle. What's the next step, do we as customers have any legal recourse(class action lawsuit).

unsatisfied toyota owner, Rockie

Walter Said in November 11th, 2009 @4:14 pm i am doing this for my father. My dad showed up the other day at my house and says i have to cut my spare tire off the undercarriage for safety reasons. i look at it swinging away and say oh my god!!! your complete frame is rotted out including the tire holder and fuel tank cross member.my dad is even worried to fill the gas tank in case it just falls through.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

And of course you know him personally... :rolleyes:

If Conan had been getting the job done, NBC would have told Jay to take a hike. But Conan was losing to David Lamerman. I for one am glad to have Jay back at 10:35(11:35 for you Coasters).

Edited by AGR

Lets review....

When Johnny Carson retired and Jay Leno took over....Jays numbers tanked and he had to build his audience back up. What Jay didn't have to contend with was Johnny Carson yanking the rug out from under him with a new show an hour and a half earlier in the lineup after he left the tonight show...Johnny did it with class and Jay is a "hack" comedian that doesn't know when the show is over and the curtain has closed....grasp at more air time.....Conan never stood a chance....he would have if Jay left the air for good like Johnny Carson did.....

Lets review....

When Johnny Carson retired and Jay Leno took over....Jays numbers tanked and he had to build his audience back up. What Jay didn't have to contend with was Johnny Carson yanking the rug out from under him with a new show an hour and a half earlier in the lineup after he left the tonight show...Johnny did it with class and Jay is a "hack" comedian that doesn't know when the show is over and the curtain has closed....grasp at more air time.....Conan never stood a chance....he would have if Jay left the air for good like Johnny Carson did.....

Conan wasn't getting the ratings and neither was Jay - they were both out of a job. Conan already said no to moving so at that point both Conan and Jay were unemployed, so Jay's choice was to stay unemployed or take back the old TS gig. I don't see where Jay did anything wrong whatsoever. Had Jay said no Conan would still be gone.

.....I don't see where Jay did anything wrong whatsoever. Had Jay said no Conan would still be gone.

Jay should have stepped out of showbiz and let Conan build up....kinda like what Johnny Carson did when he left....he left and you never saw Carson on TV again. If Carson had created a new show right after leaving the Tonight Show and it was slotted in a time slot an hour and a half earlier, Jay would have flopped as host of Tonight Show....Leno is a greedy hack and has shown himself to be a self-centered jackass....but, hey...thats this mans' opinion....

Jay should have stepped out of showbiz and let Conan build up....kinda like what Johnny Carson did when he left....he left and you never saw Carson on TV again. If Carson had created a new show right after leaving the Tonight Show and it was slotted in a time slot an hour and a half earlier, Jay would have flopped as host of Tonight Show....Leno is a greedy hack and has shown himself to be a self-centered jackass....but, hey...thats this mans' opinion....

If anyone deserves blame for anything in this situation it is NBC, which shouldn't be too surprising because they're the ones who make the final decisions when it comes to their programming, not Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien. Jay Leno could have handled the whole Tonight Show departure thing better I think, but NBC is the far greater bad guy in this. NBC basically went to Leno back in 2004 or 2005 when he was a ratings leader in late night and said, "Conan wants to take over The Tonight Show in a few years and we would like you to step aside because, frankly, we don't think you can sustain your ratings much longer since you're getting kinda up there in age and we don't want to lose Conan. But don't worry, we'll figure out something for you to do afterward." So, Leno agreed and Conan was set to succeed Leno with Leno being available for some other show down the road maybe. There was just one problem: Leno's ratings didn't go down.

NBC went ahead with replacing Leno with Conan as planned, but NBC was nervous and Conan was in the hot seat as a result. Leno's ratings hadn't gone down as NBC had expected so, wanting to have their cake and eat it too, they wanted to keep Leno in some capacity and so he wouldn't go to another network (the reverse of NBC's original problem with Conan). This led to NBC's fiasco of trying to balance their prime time/late night lineup with two high profile talk show hosts. By being too greedy to let Leno go, NBC sabotaged their own prime time lineup and late night by setting a much higher bar for Conan to jump over. NBC exacerbated the problem by proposing moving Leno to a short, half-hour show just before Conan's Tonight Show -- practically moving Leno and Conan back to their original positions with Jimmy Fallon bringing up the rear. This, of course, was unrealistic and NBC ended up doing the very thing they wanted to avoid several years before: losing Conan.

Conan shot himself in the foot to a point since he wanted The Tonight Show in the face of Leno being a popular host, love him or not. NBC gave Conan a chance but he failed to deliver -- though at the same time I would argue that the chance NBC gave him wasn't long enough, let alone fair since Leno was retained and acted as a spoiler with his new show. I don't blame Leno for agreeing to go back since I'm sure NBC made him a good deal, but out of protest to NBC's horrible mishandling of the situation he should have left -- but only for this reason. Why should he retire from show business before he's ready? Carson had ten years on Leno as a Tonight Show host. Regardless, even if Leno did leave NBC may have been left with "buyer's remorse" with Conan, assuming Conan would have performed the same way he did in his short time at The Tonight Show. But, as we know, Leno got The Tonight Show back. He may have a better track record than Conan when it comes to ratings but I can't help but think that this whole situation damaged Jay Leno as a brand. Time will tell. As for Conan, I think he'll be better off once his non-disclosure agreement expires. He wanted to move up in the world but NBC just didn't make it easy for him. Another network will.

NBC is a bunch of whore masters and while Conan did the right thing and left (with class might I add...stood by his people and made sure they didn't get screwed) and said nothing but nice things about NBC on his last day there...Jay Leno is the whore who doesn't realize his "time" on stage is over....period. Again, only my opinion....but I will never, ever watch him again....ever.

NBC is a bunch of whore masters and while Conan did the right thing and left (with class might I add...stood by his people and made sure they didn't get screwed) and said nothing but nice things about NBC on his last day there...Jay Leno is the whore who doesn't realize his "time" on stage is over....period. Again, only my opinion....but I will never, ever watch him again....ever.

Because I'm sure YOU would have turned down all that money, right?

I used to watch Leno occasionally. I never watched Conan and probably won't watch him on any type of new show, either. I agree that NBC totally hosed everyone and horribly mismanaged the whole thing. The reason they gave Leno a daily 10 pm show was because it was way cheaper than 5 one hour dramas. I don't know why they ever promised Conan the TS gig. I don't think he would have pulled it off even without Leno.

I didn't watch Jay every night, but I did on occasion. I never watch Letterman, and I've never been a fan of Conan. Once Conan was on the TS, I watched it a few times, but I dunno, I couldn't warm up to Conan. I did try for quite a while but there was just something missing. I think Jay coming back is the best outcome they could hope for. Jay leaving (independant of Conan coming on or not) was going to hurt the TS. I don't think Conan or anyone else could've pulled it off well.

The cult of people with senses of humor? :P

Personally I think Conan is the more adept at comedy, he was writer originally (SNL?) but there something off kilter that some people don't like about him (probaly WHY I do like his show) Leno is more accessible and neighborly (why he's been until now the most successful) and Letterman is sort of in between.

As far as money goes, they've all made LOTS of it. Taking alot more money with a bad show will only hasten it's demise. It's a great long term gig, better to look for the long haul.

It took Jay almost a year to have better ratings than Letterman when their shows started. How long was Conan on TS? Oh yeah, not as long as it took them to build his set. Letterman threw this trump card out there with his whole blackmail thing, so it might have taken Conan a little longer.

Jay always seemed kinda dim to me. He had decent writers. The jokes were ok. Man on the street, or whatever it was called, was always good, but if you watch closely at all, was that Jay being funny, or the "man on the street." He was never really that good off the cuff which is where Conan really shines. You see, he was actually a funny guy.

There are a few key points that are being overlooked here. After Carson, if you remember, Letterman had gone to CBS (because he wanted the TS - and didn't get it) and that first year or so, Leno and Letterman shows both were essentially NEW shows (TS with a new host). Of course, there was a up and down battle with Leno winning out fairly quickly. . . and then he built on that to win handily for around a decade and a half.

That is a different situation than when Conan took over the TS. Even though he did well at first he soon dropped to third place behind Letterman and Nightline. The TS with Conan was on track to loose $20 million in its first year (after being a gold-mine for many decades).

I know it is difficult for people who have never been in an decision-making executive position, to point the finger and blame them, but if you actually think about it for more than an emotional moment, they (NBC) were in a real predicament.

Conan had demanded (or he would leave back in 2004) the TS - even though his brand of humor tends to be polarizing (Triumph the masturbating dog is funny once or twice to most - after that it gets rather old) - it is questionable whether he will ever prevail to the masses.

If Leno had just said, "OK - I am out of here", then there is little doubt that he would have gone to another network and would have been heads-up against Conan & the TS (as he easily has at least another decade before he retires - he loves to work) in the same time slot.

Within a matter of months, Conan's TS was obviously not working out as his ratings had dropped like a rock. If you look back at the ratings, he did pretty good to start with - but lost a major part of his audience to the competition - in short, he could not hold them. NBC was (duly) afraid that if that (Leno leave) happened, Conan (and the TS) would end up in last (4th) place and a real money-pit - - instead of a gold-mine. I assure you that NBC execs knew that Leno is not ready to retire yet and would just become the competition - after all Carson was in his 70's when he retired and Leno is just 60.

What would YOU do as an executive - who has to make the decision? Remember this whole scenario was caused by Conan demanding that HE get the TS (or he would leave - back in 04). Very much like the proverbial "hot-shot" unproven young sales exec that demands that HE get the company's big accounts - only to loose those big accounts when he gets them.

That is when the mistake was made -- back then. NBC should have told him "No" and he probably would have gone to Fox and they (Fox) would have ended up in 4th (last) place (based on his performance). But Conan fans - have no fear - we will see how this pans out as Conan is talking with Fox about a show right now and is putting together a road-tour to all the major Fox city markets to drum up support and boost his negotiating position with Fox.

He will most likely end up in the same time slot this fall - against Leno, Letterman, Nightline, Kimmel and Lopez. So you Coco-fans will most likely get to watch him again. . . at least for a while, because if history is any indication, he is going to have a steep hill to climb to get (and hold) ratings (and make the show profitable). Remember he did poorly against just Letterman and Nightline last time out.

Speaking of ratings -- Leno immediately resumed the top spot in ratings once back on the TS - even beating Nightline within less than 2 weeks. All this BS about "you gotta give him time" or the "lead-in" was bad and was the reason his show tanked is just that -- BS. Like people don't use their remotes and switch a channel to see a show that they want to watch . . . Give me a break. Excuses - not reasons.

When all is said and done, that is what it's really all about -- ratings -- as they determine what the network can charge for ads (revenue) for a specific show. Conan tanked and if they had given him a whole year - or even 2 years - it would have just resulted in bigger loses for NBC.

It will be interesting to see who prevails next fall. If Conan is smart (I think that he is), he will not try to get too much for himself, as that just makes it more difficult for the show to become profitable in a short time. Even Fox is not going to want a money-pit. Business is business - it's all about making a profit.

I have never been a fan of his (I don't care for his brand of humor) - but I wish him well. When he was a writer for SNL - it was not the best of years for that show either. He will have a tough hill to climb in that time slot. Oh, and remember that is what he refused to accept a change in - the time slot -- even though his contract with NBC did not specify any time slot. . . let alone the 11:35 to 12:35 time slot.

He obviously has a big ego - and that is most likely going to put on the line later this year. 'Should be interesting to see what happens.

All the programming on NBC and it's two cable channels suck as far as I'm concerned. There is absolutely nothing worth watching on that network. Primarily because of who runs it and the garbage they have in their news department also.

Look, whatever happened to the magic of all those great TV shows especially in prime time back in the 70's and 80's?

Even the game shows that I remember watching on NBC when I was little (ie Card Sharks, High Rollers, Hollywood Squares, Wheel of Fortune, others) was fun to watch. Nothing is good on TV anymore. Not a gosh damn thing.

NBC should just fade to black for good. Because frankly, there is no use for them anymore.

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

All the programming on NBC and it's two cable channels suck as far as I'm concerned. There is absolutely nothing worth watching on that network. Primarily because of who runs it and the garbage they have in their news department also.

Look, whatever happened to the magic of all those great TV shows especially in prime time back in the 70's and 80's?

Even the game shows that I remember watching on NBC when I was little (ie Card Sharks, High Rollers, Hollywood Squares, Wheel of Fortune, others) was fun to watch. Nothing is good on TV anymore. Not a gosh damn thing.

NBC should just fade to black for good. Because frankly, there is no use for them anymore.

I remember just a few years ago "Must See TV Thursday". NBC had the best shows and ratings. Hopefully they will get better without Leno every fricken week night. Who ever thought that was a good idea? The same guy who thought a 6 cylinder Cougar station wagaon was a good idea too? Expansion is not always good if it dilutes the product image.

I still prefer NBC news.

I remember just a few years ago "Must See TV Thursday". NBC had the best shows and ratings. Hopefully they will get better without Leno every fricken week night. Who ever thought that was a good idea? The same guy who thought a 6 cylinder Cougar station wagaon was a good idea too? Expansion is not always good if it dilutes the product image.

I still prefer NBC news.

I like Brian Williams. He's a good newsman and damn funny as well. I liked him even more when I found out he drives a Mustang GT as his daily driver.