NASA Now Enlisted to Assist with Toyota Issue

97svtgoin05gt

Geeze, the taxpayer gets to pick up the tab for solving Toyota's piss poor engineering!!!! Talk about an auto bailout! I'm sure they'll reimburse us. So we've got dumb Americans driving dumb Toyotas.

I'm sure the Japanese space organization would help us if our cars were killing people in Japan. :redcard:

They would probably tell us to take our crap back and shut their doors. Give me a break.

You know, with all of the denials that it is an electronics problem, this might be appropriate. The Toyota sudden acceleration problem could be caused by the effects of solar flares on the Van Allen belts, or cosmic rays, etc.

I heard the one a week ago about the high tension power lines. The theory was that as the car passes under the high tension lines, the EMI causes the car to go bonkers. Now I know there's an EMI field with high tension but if that field was big enough to reach a 4ft high car on the ground, I think we'd all be walking around with traffic cone size tumors in our heads.

I heard the one a week ago about the high tension power lines. The theory was that as the car passes under the high tension lines, the EMI causes the car to go bonkers. Now I know there's an EMI field with high tension but if that field was big enough to reach a 4ft high car on the ground, I think we'd all be walking around with traffic cone size tumors in our heads.

I'm betting it's the oil temperature sensor...

The two studies together will cost about $3 million, including the expense of buying cars that have allegedly had unintended acceleration. Both studies will be peer reviewed by scientific experts, the Transportation Department said.

And these cars are worth how much afterwards?

Also, in NASA's defense, it isn't just for Toyota's. If this is a wider range problem then it's a safety issue for all vehicles here in the USA.

The way I take it was the NHTSA asked NASA to help them figure out what the problem is with Toyota, not Toyota asking NASA to help them

Toyota keeps saying "what problem?"

If you act dumb long enough, the problem goes away or buys another car...

Edited by jpd80