New Explorer Revealed?

LINK - Autoblog

We're going to go out on a limb and say... most likely Judging by the recent teasers and previous spy shots, this single image of the 2012 Ford Explorer appears to be the real deal. And we like what we see.

*edit: To MY eye it looks as though this is just a chop of the first spy photo in their gallery... I like what I see though... *

post-27660-12755796261573_thumb.jpg

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Definitely a photoshop. Even the orientation of the wheels are the same as the first spy shot on their page.

That's what caught my eye right after I posted here, and then edited it. I wonder how long it is before their article is edited to say it's a chop. Still looks great, though.

I wish they'd get a little more adventurous with that C-pillar/rear greenhouse area so everything didn't look like the Freestyle and my 2003 Escape.

That C pillar IS from the freestyle, as this is a taurus grill, the one teaser shot of the hood corner, and a freestyle photoshopped together. I think the actual vehicle will look a lot better than this, based on zero evidence but rather my own faith in the company.

That C pillar IS from the freestyle, as this is a taurus grill, the one teaser shot of the hood corner, and a freestyle photoshopped together. I think the actual vehicle will look a lot better than this, based on zero evidence but rather my own faith in the company.

I hope so. This would be a major disappointment for me. The Freestyle was way too bland. I hope the Explorer resembles a LRover

I agree. This looks quite boring to me.

Well, to be fair, the color filling done on this photo chop isn't very rich, which detracts a lot from the curves of the sheet metal. The side contouring looks to be very similar to that of the Taurus and Edge, so look to those models to get a better indicator of the complexity of design.

Well, to be fair, the color filling done on this photo chop isn't very rich, which detracts a lot from the curves of the sheet metal. The side contouring looks to be very similar to that of the Taurus and Edge, so look to those models to get a better indicator of the complexity of design.

I hope you are correct, Nick. There is just so much competition out there today and great styling is now especially necessary for success.

I wish they'd get a little more adventurous with that C-pillar/rear greenhouse area so everything didn't look like the Freestyle and my 2003 Escape.

If you haven't noticed, EVERY SUV from Ford has this style. I'm sure the C pillar is going look the same, but the D pillar is going to be more exciting...think RR Sport..since thats the only thing thats hasn't been seen without camo on it.

Overall the design isn't very adventurous or unexpected, still looks like an Explorer. I don't care for the fascia, very little dimensionality or destinctiveness. The rear tail-lamps are really weird, wait until you see them! They carry that eye-brow theme from the head-lights.

Overall the design isn't very adventurous or unexpected, still looks like an Explorer.

Well what did you expect? It to look like an Acadia or a Minivan...it is an Explorer for crying outloud! LOL The Explorer America Concept never did much for me and I really like the '12 Styling...take some Range Rover Styling, add in some '10 Taurus cues and mix with the current Explorer and that what we go...

Well what did you expect? It to look like an Acadia or a Minivan...it is an Explorer for crying outloud! LOL The Explorer America Concept never did much for me and I really like the '12 Styling...take some Range Rover Styling, add in some '10 Taurus cues and mix with the current Explorer and that what we go...

I think I would like a more agressive grille and maybe a little rake to the front end. Maybe a little curve on the quarter panel too.

But that's me. I enjoy your comments by the way. You get straight to the point...no bull!

Overall the design isn't very adventurous or unexpected, still looks like an Explorer. I don't care for the fascia, very little dimensionality or destinctiveness. The rear tail-lamps are really weird, wait until you see them! They carry that eye-brow theme from the head-lights.

Where have you seen the rear end?