Passat & CC - 3,820

Legacy (only) - 3,586

Mazda6 - 3,493

Sebring - 2,798

Milan - 2,682

CC (only) - 2,651

Optima - 2,394

Passat (only) - 1,169

Kizashi - 474 (With the reviews this car is getting plus the money Suzuki is spending on ads and still the miserable sales numbers, I'd expect Suzuki to pull out of N.A. soon)

Regal - 150 (debuted at the very end of the month)

Large cars

Impala - 20,623 (May was reportedly a high fleet month, and the Impala numbers bear that out.)

Charger - 9,625

Taurus - 6,466

Maxima - 6,349

LaCrosse - 5,452

300 - 3,507

Avalon - 3,029

Azera - 218

Amanti - 44

Combined manufacturer sales

GM - 47,947 ... Toyota - 32,324 ... Ford - 31,529 ... Honda - 30,077 ... Nissan - 28,299 ... Hyundai/Kia - 23, 851 ... Chrysler - 22,262

Midsize cars

Accord (plus Crosstour) - 30,077

Camry - 29,295

Accord (sedan only) - 27,835

Fusion - 22,381

Altima - 21,950

Malibu - 21,722

Sonata - 21,195

Large cars

Impala - 20,623 (May was reportedly a high fleet month, and the Impala numbers bear that out.)

Charger - 9,625

Taurus - 6,466

Maxima - 6,349

LaCrosse - 5,452

Fusion's nipping at the heels of the Accord and Camry....but so are those other 3 vehicles (Altima, Malibu, Sonata). One does have to wonder how fleet sales affected each of those vehicles, though......Fusion has IIRC been pretty consistently around the 20,000 level for the past several months, no? I don't recall those others being that close - I may be wrong.

Nice to see Taurus doing well (relatively speaking).

One would think Taurus would be dong better, I think they may have missed the mark a bit on this one.

The new Taurus is selling at roughly the same numbers the 500 was doing back in 2006 before the economic problems we've been having started. Not too bad all things considered...

The new Taurus is selling at roughly the same numbers the 500 was doing back in 2006 before the economic problems we've been having started. Not too bad all things considered...

Likely at much higher transaction prices also. The Five Hundred didn't have trim levels like SHO and was likely much more fleet-dependent.

Kizashi - 474 (With the reviews this car is getting plus the money Suzuki is spending on ads and still the miserable sales numbers, I'd

What advertising? (At least, I haven't seen any Kizashi ads.) My belief is that, while obviously not the only reason, "Kizashi" was an awful name for the North American market because unless one is seriously into car comparisons, no one would remember that name.

What advertising? (At least, I haven't seen any Kizashi ads.) My belief is that, while obviously not the only reason, "Kizashi" was an awful name for the North American market because unless one is seriously into car comparisons, no one would remember that name.

Sounds like a Cereal or sushi dish lol

Taurus supplies have also been very limited, much like the Flex.

I think that Ford is very happy with the transaction prices, and has no intention of overproducing these vehicles.

My local dealership just got 2 Tauri in. They have not had any, for 3-4 months. They get in 1 Flex, and sell it.................... then wait a month before they have another.

Yes, I realize that this is a small rural dealership. However, you cannot sell what you do not have.

When I test drove the SHO, at one of the largest Ford dealerships in AZ, they had 1 SHO, 2 Limiteds (they say they sell almost as soon as received, as 1 of the 2 was selling while I was there), and 1 SEL.

Midsize cars

Accord (plus Crosstour) - 30,077

Camry - 29,295

Accord (sedan only) - 27,835

Fusion - 22,381

Altima - 21,950

Malibu - 21,722

Sonata - 21,195

Milan - 2,682

I assume Accord and Altima also include coupe... so if we are just comparing apples to apples here, Fusion is a lot closer to Accord. And I'm almost confident that Fusion+Milan ( 25,063) > Accord sedan... or at the very least, a photo finish.

And Malibu and Sonata will surely exceed Altima sedan only number.

No Mitsubishi Galant? Do they still sell cars to retail customers?

Edited by bzcat

They should've named it "Suzuki Jetta."

There's only one Kizashi on the local Suzuki lot, and there's been no more than two since it came out. Sad to see it, too—it looks like a nice car.

I agree, it does seem like a nice, credible entry to the market, but the brand name is what kills it.

One would think Taurus would be dong better, I think they may have missed the mark a bit on this one.

I don't think they missed the mark. It is doing well as a full sized car. The Fusion is just a more attractive sized car and has more value for the money.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Fusion's numbers when the Milan is axed. Hopefully it will pick up most of the lost volume. With that extra volume it could be nipping at the heals of the class leaders.

I assume Accord and Altima also include coupe... so if we are just comparing apples to apples here, Fusion is a lot closer to Accord. And I'm almost confident that Fusion+Milan ( 25,063) > Accord sedan... or at the very least, a photo finish.

And Malibu and Sonata will surely exceed Altima sedan only number.

No Mitsubishi Galant? Do they still sell cars to retail customers?

Yes, the number for cars generally include all bodystyles (Honda is nice enough to breakout the CrossTour, but not the coupe/sedan - I kinda mislabeled it by calling it "sedan only"...but I bet the interior volume of the Accord Coupe is such that technically it is a "2-door sedan." But that's really splitting hairs at that point.) It doesn't really bother me though, because some of those coupe purchases are dillutive, they would have bought a sedan if it hadn't of been for a coupe model. Also, some cars are reported together and are relatively similar - like the Corolla/Matrix.

Mitsubishi is still selling cars - I'm not sure to whom...beyond Enterprise and Avis. But Mitsubishi doesn't issue a full model-by-model breakdown of monthly sales. Generally they may include the numbers of one or two lines and I try to add it in, but usually they aren't as transparent and give only total monthly sales (full line) and percentage increases in models that they want to talk about. Remember when the 1999 Galant dropped followed by the 2000 Eclipse and Mitsubishi was on its way to becoming the next Honda? Crazy.

Media reports always have to remind us that the current Taurus "doesnt sell as many units as it used to".

BUT, how much profit is the new model, versus the old dumped fleet tanks? Also, resale is much higher, and better to have a smaller supply, than a whole parking lot full of boring biege and sky blue rental cars.

Fusion #'s should improve when the Milan is cut, also.