Disguised Ford Pickup Spotted in Colorado

ronaldl

What were the circumstances of the last few seconds of the video?

It almost seems like the truck was by the side of the road, seemingly waiting for you to pass by before getting back on the road. The truck's brake lights are on, and begins moving as you pass by, indicating it's in gear.

True, they could have been admiring the view, but how long had they been ahead of you, when earlier in the video, the mystery truck had been behind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpQlNKRaC4w&feature=player_embedded

Edited by RangerM

I spotted and captured photo/video of this disguised pickup in Mt. Evans, Colorado (elevation: 14,700 feet). After careful observation, I'm 60% certain its a Ford product, but what is it?

More photos and video of this mysterious pickup.

image_4%20%281%29.jpg

I see that you joined today and this is your first post....could you possibly be a Ford Motor Company plant/mole....trying to gauge interest? I can tell you this....if it is smaller than F-150, yet larger than Ranger....I am interested.... :shades:

I see that you joined today and this is your first post....could you possibly be a Ford Motor Company plant/mole....trying to gauge interest? I can tell you this....if it is smaller than F-150, yet larger than Ranger....I am interested.... :shades:

Yeah I too would be very interested in a smaller than an F-150 but bigger than a Ranger truck. Call it the F-100 and add it into the F-Series sales totals.

We were behind the truck by a few cars to start. The driver decided to pull off the road, then re-enter right behind us. Because I was in a rush to get this out, I didn't splice the clips to flow in logical order.

What were the circumstances of the last few seconds of the video?

It almost seems like the truck was by the side of the road, seemingly waiting for you to pass by before getting back on the road. The truck's brake lights are on, and begins moving as you pass by, indicating it's in gear.

True, they could have been admiring the view, but how long had they been ahead of you, when earlier in the video, the mystery truck had been behind?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpQlNKRaC4w&feature=player_embedded

I couldn't remember the password to my old account. :-)

I couldn't remember the password to my old account. :-)

...and the password reset procedure didn't work?? Huh..... :shades:

Lost Password Form

If you've lost your password, you can use this form to reset it. Enter your username or email address in the field below. The username or email address is case insensitive.

Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email asking for validation of this request to ensure that no malicious use has occurred. This email will also contain a link that you must click for further instruction.

Recover Password

* Enter your account username

* OR Enter your email address

Yeah I too would be very interested in a smaller than an F-150 but bigger than a Ranger truck. Call it the F-100 and add it into the F-Series sales totals.

back when the shake down was going on with ford plant closing announcements there was a rumor that MTP was going to produce the F-100..

are we sure this is a Ford? It is under Camo.

For Ford to even have a working version of this vehicle that is on public roads under camo, someone in the rumor mill would have to have knowledge of it.

And yet, all we know is that there is nothing currently planned.

For Ford to even have a working version of this vehicle that is on public roads under camo, someone in the rumor mill would have to have knowledge of it.

Wouldn't be the first time Ford has tested a foreign market vehicle in the U.S. though.

This supports my "conspiracy theory" that the OP is a plant/mole for FoMoCo.... :ohsnap:

When I was on Mt. Evans I read something that automakers do high altitude testing there because it is the highest paved road in North America. I hope this is the F100. I would be first in line.

Edited by boni8487

• 2 weeks later...

back when the shake down was going on with ford plant closing announcements there was a rumor that MTP was going to produce the F-100..

In 2007 i pulled into the Twin Cities Assembly parking lot around 5am. Just behind the fence sat two trucks wrapped in black just like this truck. Bigger than a ranger, smaller than the f-150. A couple of guys got in and left. I know building these trucks most likely won't happen, but owning one would be awsome.

Looks pretty nice to me. If it has the right engine/trans combo, I'd be very interested!