2011 Explorer Packaging Guide

I'm dissapointed about the mast antenna on the roof (should be embedded into the glass), the fuel tank capacity is just 18.6 Gallons, should be 20-21Gal. 255Tq is going to have to do quite a bit of work to get this moving, and no flip open glass on the liftgate.

I'm dissapointed about the mast antenna on the roof (should be embedded into the glass), the fuel tank capacity is just 18.6 Gallons, should be 20-21Gal. 255Tq is going to have to do quite a bit of work to get this moving, and no flip open glass on the liftgate.

Geez, can you bitch MORE?!?! :doh:

Geez, can you bitch MORE?!?! :doh:

255Tq is going to have to do quite a bit of work to get this moving

2010 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6

Engine V6, 4.0 Liter

Horsepower 210 @ 5100 RPM

Torque 254 @ 3700 RPM

Gas Mileage 14 mpg City / 20 mpg Hwy

Seems like 210 hp and 254 lb/ft (or less) has been standard since the 1991 Explorer. Why on earth would the new engine be anything less than adequate?

No more Eddie Bauer, which was debated here.

I'm impressed with the (BASE) [no more XLS trim level] features: Cruise, Audio controls on wheel, 4" display in gauges and 4" display in center stack . Looks like the third row is standard on all trims. That's a first for the Explorer, right?

Edit: The XLS trim designation was eliminated after the 2006 model year, but starting in 2007 the "base" Explorer was tagged as the XLT. For 2011, we go back to having a trim below XLT, but it is simply called "Base", not XLS.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Window embedded antenna doesn't work with GPS or satellite radio. ALL new cars have roof mounted antenna now because of requirement for navigation and SiriusXM radio. Get over it already :shades:

2010 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6

Engine V6, 4.0 Liter

Horsepower 210 @ 5100 RPM

Torque 254 @ 3700 RPM

Gas Mileage 14 mpg City / 20 mpg Hwy

Seems like 210 hp and 254 lb/ft (or less) has been standard since the 1991 Explorer. Why on earth would the new engine be anything less than adequate?

Just for clarity my 91 Explorer's 4.0 had somewhere around 160 hp.

The look is what the EB was all about, not necessarly the equipment. (at least for me)

Nothing like the two-tone (tan wheel lip mouldings and bottom) and tan leather interior.

I suspect we get to look forward to Sport and Platinum versions? Sport with 3.5 EB I assume? Platinum with 3.7?