3 Ram Trucks 124,002

4 GMC Sierra 79,158

5 Toyota Tacoma 68,710

6 Toyota Tundra 61,722

7 Ford Ranger 39,029

8 Nissan Frontier 26,134

9 Chevrolet Colorado 15,703

10 Nissan Titan 15,400

Is Ford even trying to sell Rangers, and yet they still outsell 3 newer trucks?

Edited by RangerM

trying[/i] to sell Rangers, and yet they still outsell 3 newer trucks?

Actually I do see national ads (Mike Rowe) that include the Ranger (best fuel economy...).

Times like these (a double dip recession) a compact truck makes tremendous sense like a sub-compact Fiesta does! I dare say that when a better compact truck is available, the market leader for the past 25 years; Ford will make it - and the market would respond.

If you can believe this document, they're selling the Silverado with the highest average discounts of any vehicle.

GM really biffed it with the GMT900 pickups. Even the blowhards over at GMI complain about rusting bumpers on 1 and 2 year old trucks, paper-thin sheet metal on the doors, and interiors by Rubbermaid. It's no wonder they're losing the combined sales crown to the F-Series.

• Like 1

GM really biffed it with the GMT900 pickups. Even the blowhards over at GMI complain about rusting bumpers on 1 and 2 year old trucks, paper-thin sheet metal on the doors, and interiors by Rubbermaid. It's no wonder they're losing the combined sales crown to the F-Series.

...with it's anitquated boat anchor 5.4L!

PS...that's not my thoughts...I have the 5.4L and think it tows great and gets respectable fuel economy!

...with it's anitquated boat anchor 5.4L!

FTW! LOL exactly right.

PS...that's not my thoughts...I have the 5.4L and think it tows great and gets respectable fuel economy!

Agreed... even in the '00 Expedition I had (way back in the day), the thing was a beast, could tow a good amount, and delivered reasonable fuel economy, all things considered.

Is Ford even trying to sell Rangers, and yet they still outsell 3 newer trucks?

And think if Ford released an updated version where it could be.

Wow! Your description of the GMT900 sounds exactly what I've experienced with the 2007+ Tundra's. Rust on wheels, chrome and undercarriage, thin sheet metal all around, and horrible plastic interiors. But hey, the Tundra has a quick 0-60 time, so the Yota die-hards look past those flaws.