Farley on Lincoln's Future

To add, If Hyundai can make a Genesis at that price point and it's V8 and RWD, Ford can and do it much better since they already have the 5.0L and Falcon engineering to boot. Hyundai had to start from scratch on both V8 and RWD. Now that they are just embarassed of having an "H" on their hood, is another story...At least Lincoln has a name and history to back it up.

Remember Amati? That was Mazda's still born luxury line which all that came to be was the Millenia sedan. I remember how that was pinned against the Maxima because both were sporty options, at the same pricepoint.

but why no visual distinction at all on vehicles like the SHO?

I'm starting to think that the Ecoboost Taurus got the SHO name at the last minute...thus very little differentiation from the rest of the line up...seems like it was supposed to be more of a Taurus Sport then SHO. At least Ford seems to be fixing their mistakes or minor problems with MCE's or even a year or two after a product comes out...

I'm starting to think that the Ecoboost Taurus got the SHO name at the last minute...thus very little differentiation from the rest of the line up...seems like it was supposed to be more of a Taurus Sport then SHO. At least Ford seems to be fixing their mistakes or minor problems with MCE's or even a year or two after a product comes out...

The way I understand it...

The MKS was to be the only D3 car to get the EB-V6. Once product planners saw customers snatching up the high end, upper trim Ford models (specifically Edge and Fusion, and later in the cycle, Flex), they decided that they had some breathing room at the top of the Taurus line for a revival of the SHO. Since the engineering was already done on the D3.1 / D4 platform to accommodate the EB-V6, it was an easy decision. They wanted it to be true to the spirit of the original, in the sense of a "sleeper"; normal looking family sedan that will whoop plenty o' ass off the line.

Like I said, at the SHO event, designers confirmed that the next-gen SHO would be more visually differientiated from it's NA brethren.