Ford Gets Aggressive Closing Out 2010 F150s

V8-X

Ford offers as much as $7500 in cash rebates on the 2010 F150

Any hard-core Ford fan will tell you that the F150 is the best truck on the road, and they’ll often point to Ford’s tremendous sales figures as “proof.” Unfortunately, this perspective is a little simplistic:

1. Ford sells a lot of F-series to fleet customers who are, more often than not, simply looking for the best price

2. Ford has a great dealer network that reaches every customer in the USA

3. Ford is willing to put big cash up to sell trucks every year – $7500 on some 2010 XLTs, for example

Don’t get me wrong here – Ford makes one hell of a truck and I’m a big fan. However, don’t let the sales figures fool you – it’s pretty easy to “win” a sale when you’re offering a massive cash incentive to people to buy your truck. Sales figures are part of the puzzle, and definitely an indicator of a solid product, but they should always come with an asterisk and a disclaimer that reads *A lot of these trucks were heavily discounted and/or sold to fleets.

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2010/08/17/f150-cash-racing-accident/

I don't know what it is, but Toyota and Tundra loyalists will do anything to try and make the F150 look bad and prop up the Tundra. Guess we have our fair share of Ford loyalists that do the same though.

guys, reality break...theres really only 3500 on the hood...the rest are kinda hokey rebtaes that half wont be elegible for...1000 if you finance at regular rates through Ford ( think 8% and up dependent on what the dealer feels you desrve ) owner loyalty ( has stips ) $500, Quarter horse member $500 Military appreciation ( 500 ) Upfit ( 500) etc etc etc.....99% of people wont qualify for anything more than the bare basics...however STILL doesnt stop dealers from advertising $7500 in rebates ( try to spot the word "potential" before the $7500 ) or MEDIA idiots not reading and analysing the small print

• Like 1

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2010/08/17/f150-cash-racing-accident/

I don't know what it is, but Toyota and Tundra loyalists will do anything to try and make the F150 look bad and prop up the Tundra. Guess we have our fair share of Ford loyalists that do the same though.

That quote from TundraHeadquarters.com certainly doesn't make the F-150 look bad. The poster basically acknowledges that Ford's marketing (including the use of targeted sales incentives), fleet customer support, and dealer network trounces anything Toyota has to offer. That, and the fact that he says "Ford makes one hell of a truck and I’m a big fan", is testament to just how good the F-150 is all around. :drool:

guys, reality break...theres really only 3500 on the hood...the rest are kinda hokey rebtaes that half wont be elegible for...1000 if you finance at regular rates through Ford ( think 8% and up dependent on what the dealer feels you desrve ) owner loyalty ( has stips ) $500, Quarter horse member $500 Military appreciation ( 500 ) Upfit ( 500) etc etc etc.....99% of people wont qualify for anything more than the bare basics...however STILL doesnt stop dealers from advertising $7500 in rebates ( try to spot the word "potential" before the $7500 ) or MEDIA idiots not reading and analysing the small print

I sure wish I could qualify for the Quarter Horse Member discount! But I like my horses whole. :hysterical:

• Like 2

Truck brand loyalists do seem to like sniping at each other. I personally don't see the fun in it.

I owned a 2000 Tundra. It was my first truck, and I loved it. I only got rid of it because I wanted a bigger back seat for the kids.

I got a 2002 Chevy Avalanche. The versatility was awesome. Sometimes I can't remember why I got rid of it.

My next "truck" was a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. I'm driving it now, and I really like it, even though I usually refer to it as my "sissy truck". The darn thing drives great and it has hauled some serious loads.

I have a 2010 F150 Lariat on order. I expect I'll be very happy with it, but I don't expect to find myself suddenly wanting to bash Chevy or Toyota or Honda.

• Like 1

The $7500 is only in certain markets like Chicago (not in mine) and includes a bunch of hoops that really only bring it down to $3500. For instance, this deal was intended only for only the XLT model with the Chrome Synch Tow package and a million other hoops. They give you an extra thousand off for XLT SCT, but the package will cost you an extra $1060 so you aren't saving anything in the end. End result? $3500. And I don't think too many fleets are buying XLT F150's with chrome packages for $2060 to save $1000.

Best I can do in my area is $5500 but like the example above it is really only $2500 customer cash + $1000 Bonus cash = total $3500.

For the full $5500 they include an extra thousand if I have a tradein but I don't consider that any extra as I have to accept the tradein price and they can just mark down the tradein an extra $1000 to if they want to, and there is an extra $1000 if I finance through Ford but like D said only if I quality and at who knows what rate.

I'm not in the military and not in the police so no savings there. Upfit assistance - you have to be a commercial business and put $1200 worth of commercial stuff (salt spreaders, graphics, etc) on your truck - the average person does not do that.

So in conclusion the "massive" incentives are really only $3500. and I know you can spend a lot more on F-series trucks than Tundras so the extra thousand in rebates is meaningless. Jason, you have failed.

Edited by Bryan1

I chased the link back to the originating site:

Sale ends October 4.

What's the bet Ford doesn't lose money on any of the discounted trucks...

LINK

It's one of those model year closeout deals that sound too good to be true when Mike Rowe is yapping about it for the 10th time during prime-time commercials. But this time, it's an advertised $6,500 in cash back and $1,000 in bonus cash if you finance through Ford Credit. Update: This deal is only for select markets including Chicago. Deals may vary in your area.

Of course, there are hoops. Not every F-150 gets the full discount. For the full rebate price, you need to buy an XLT trim level, which starts at $25,505, and add the Sync/Chrome/Tow Package. That brings the total lowest price to get the discount to $26,945 before the cash back.

Edited by jpd80

I chased the link back to the originating site:

Sale ends October 4.

What's the bet Ford doesn't lose money on any of the discounted trucks...

It's one of those model year closeout deals that sound too good to be true when Mike Rowe is yapping about it for the 10th time during prime-time commercials. But this time, it's an advertised $6,500 in cash back and $1,000 in bonus cash if you finance through Ford Credit. Update: This deal is only for select markets including Chicago. Deals may vary in your area.

Of course, there are hoops. Not every F-150 gets the full discount. For the full rebate price, you need to buy an XLT trim level, which starts at $25,505, and add the Sync/Chrome/Tow Package. That brings the total lowest price to get the discount to $26,945 before the cash back.

So I can get an XLT with Chrome/Sync/Tow for $19K?

Ford might have to offer large rebates and incentives to get rid of the 2010's. After reading about how superior the 2011 engines are over 2010 (and the competitors), why would anybody buy a 2010 when the 2011 will be out shortly?

Edited by KCM1

Ford might have to offer large rebates and incentives to get rid of the 2010's. After reading about how superior the 2011 engines are over 2010 (and the competitors), why would anybody buy a 2010 when the 2011 will be out shortly?

Personally, if I was in the market right now I would opt for a 2010 rather than 2011. I may be unique in this sense, but I will not purchase the first or second model year of any vehicle that has just been through a significant redesign, or as the 2011 F150, has a whole new powertrain. I will wait for the 3rd MY or later to purchase, to let Ford and the "got to have it" crowd work out any bugs.

EDIT: I really do like the sound of all the new motors. just would be unwilling to take the plunge so early in their life cycles.

Edited by V8-X

Personally, if I was in the market right now I would opt for a 2010 rather than 2011. I may be unique in this sense, but I will not purchase the first or second model year of any vehicle that has just been through a significant redesign, or as the 2011 F150, has a whole new powertrain. I will wait for the 3rd MY or later to purchase, to let Ford and the "got to have it" crowd work out any bugs.

EDIT: I really do like the sound of all the new motors. just would be unwilling to take the plunge so early in their life cycles.

That's fair.

The only engine in the '11 F-150 that will have been around for two model years will be the 3.7. But I don't figure you to be a guy who wants a V6 in his truck, given your username and all. :shades:

• Like 1

That's fair.

The only engine in the '11 F-150 that will have been around for two model years will be the 3.7. But I don't figure you to be a guy who wants a V6 in his truck, given your username and all. :shades:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people with trouble in the 1st/2nd model year vehicles. Even though most the bugs are fixed and paid for by warranty, I just don't have the time or want the headache of bringing the truck in if something occurs.

And the 3.7L for what it's worth and based on the prior 4.2L, sounds really good. And I've owned an '81 F150 300cid/I6. Was a bulletproof motor, but not the quickest.

Yes I do prefer a V8, right now I like the sound of the 5.0L, and wouldn't want to have to upgrade trim levels just to get the 6.2L, unless I went for a Raptor. And the EB 3.5L really excites me, especially living here in Denver where these turbo motors really shine compared to N/A.

That's fair.

The Ecoboost has been in the Flex for at least a year, maybe two. Have not heard of any problems with the engine. Anyone heard anything??? Watched the video on the Ford site about the endurance test they are doing on the Ecoboost (http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/2011/experiencef150/). If it can withstand just the dyno testing they are doing, I'm pretty confident it will be bulletproof for most people. The 5.0 is an unknown though. Ford has a lot riding on these engines, sales and reputation, so I'm fairly confident they have been proven out before being offered to the public.

Transmissions are the areas I always have concerns about. Seems like all car companies struggle with them at one time or another. The much praised 2010 Fusion even had issues in that area.

I just ordered a 2010, mostly because I prefer the 5.4 over the new offerings. The new engine lineup is really impressive, and looks like a major win for Ford. I'm just not an early adopter when it comes to automotive engines, mostly because I don't know anything about them. In contrast, I am an expert in computers and software, so in those arenas, I usually want to have the latest cool thing.

I was in the market for a supercrew F150 not long ago when this magic $7500 rebate news popped up. Best I could do was $3500 and that's with dealer financing. 8% vs 3% financing (what I got through a bank), doesn't take a genius to figure that one out!

The prices on used 2009 screws were dropping, approaching 20k. Even though the new engines all look fantastic, I'd rather get a great deal on a 2009 with the 3v 4.6l.

BTW, I ended up getting a 2005 SuperCrew, and have no intention of getting rid of it any time soon. It's a solid truck!