Spy Photos: Turbocharged Ford Mustang GT

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/10/spy-photos-turbocharged-ford-mustang-gt.html

The exterior has some tweaks, but the interior (photos after the jump) tells the story: Premium Fuel Only, and a 9,000-rpm tachometer. The current 2011 Ford Mustang GT makes peak power on 93, but works just fine on 87 and its tachometer only sweeps to 8,000-- the GT500, even less, its needle stops swinging at 7.

w_TT_mustang_BW_oct10_priddy1-thumb-717x452.jpg

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

The 3.5 EB isn't a particularly high reving engine. Does it make sense to give it a 9k tach when it's power peak is lower than the 3.7 or 5.0? I like the idea of some of the commenters at inside line suggesting either a 2.0 EB (which still probably doesn't rev any higher than the 3.7/5.0) or the Boss 302. There were also rumors that there is a "hotter" track oriented Boss still coming (think Cobra R). A higher redline seems more indicative of a high reving, naturally aspirated engine.

Agreed. Back in the spring a Boss mule was spotted in the same color with the same splitter and the same wheels. I'm betting it's the same car.

Could be the same mule with a different powertrain swapped in along with any other associated goodies (higher-redline tach, etc.). Ford has been known to re-use mules.

Agreed. Back in the spring a Boss mule was spotted in the same color with the same splitter and the same wheels. I'm betting it's the same car.

Same here. The only difference is I thought the previous mule had the CS ring wing. Doesn't mean it's not the same car though.