2012 Focus Build and Price Launched

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean tan tan, I just meant a light interior color option; Medium light stone is fine with me (it's in my car). Why is it not available on the Titanium trim? Stupid as far as I'm concerned, just like the idiotic reasoning behind sporty vehicles HAVING to have black interior ----- not everyone likes black interior!

I think the big issue with beige leather interiors is that they show dirt too well. I was checking out my parents Sable and the drivers seat is pretty dinghy looking.

I didn't mean tan tan, I just meant a light interior color option; Medium light stone is fine with me (it's in my car). Why is it not available on the Titanium trim? Stupid as far as I'm concerned, just like the idiotic reasoning behind sporty vehicles HAVING to have black interior ----- not everyone likes black interior!

I know the feeling. I love having grey interiors (not too light and not too dark). For lighter interiors, I see them at auto shows and look at how the seats get really dirty after people sit in them. With medium light stone I find sometimes it's okay, but for some interiors it's a bit "beige" at times. Black just seems too "dark" and drepressing at times.

Right now I'm wondering how the cloth seats will look in person. I'm on the fence whether to get leather or cloth. Even with the current Focus, the charcoal grey in cloth made the interior less boring than the leather. The 2012 cloth seats somehow break up the monotonous "charcoal grey" that would otherwise be in leather. But part of me figures if I'm shelling out $34K CDN on a car, it'd better have leather (plus, it'd only be $300 CDN more as an option if I were to get a sunroof). I sure hope NAIAS will have a few out there so I can see what I'd be getting myself into.

I think the big issue with beige leather interiors is that they show dirt too well. I was checking out my parents Sable and the drivers seat is pretty dinghy looking.

I don't care - it should still be optional for those that want it. Now I'm not trying to be one of those people that's gonna argue for something that's become outdated or obsolete (Panther mafia, etc.), I just feel that the lack of a light color interior option on only the highest Titanium trim level is a mistake. There will always be those that want a lighter interior. I mean it's not like I'm asking for some outrageous neon green interior or something here - they already have the lighter color interior panels offered on the lower trims, why not have it available on the highest trim - all they have to do is add light color leather seats!??!!? And some Arctic white insert that there's seemingly no picture of doesn't count!

I know the feeling. I love having grey interiors (not too light and not too dark). For lighter interiors, I see them at auto shows and look at how the seats get really dirty after people sit in them. With medium light stone I find sometimes it's okay, but for some interiors it's a bit "beige" at times. Black just seems too "dark" and drepressing at times.

Right now I'm wondering how the cloth seats will look in person. I'm on the fence whether to get leather or cloth. Even with the current Focus, the charcoal grey in cloth made the interior less boring than the leather. The 2012 cloth seats somehow break up the monotonous "charcoal grey" that would otherwise be in leather. But part of me figures if I'm shelling out $34K CDN on a car, it'd better have leather (plus, it'd only be $300 CDN more as an option if I were to get a sunroof). I sure hope NAIAS will have a few out there so I can see what I'd be getting myself into.

If you mean gray-gray (battleship gray), I hate that color, but a nice tan/gray mix (like Medium Light Stone) with the two-tone look (dark up top) is perfect to me. Like you, I hate the dark look and confining feeling that a black interior has - in certain instances it looks good, but it's just not for me.

Which didnt sell very well, and try selling an orange or yellow car privately, or trading in. End up living in the car all its life.

Anyway, at least there is no boring beige for 2012!

This line of thinking would have banned "Lime Squeeze" and "Hot Magenta" from the Fiesta range, and both of those have proven to be quite popular.

As the one-time owner of a Jackpot Gold '01 Focus ZX3, I got compliments all the time and had no trouble selling it.

Remember in the late '90s / early 2000's, yellows, golds, and oranges were quite en vogue. The Aztec Gold and Zinc Yellow Mustangs, Sunray Gold Cougars and ZX2s, and Jackpot / Ft Knox Gold and Egg Yolk Yellow Foci did reasonably well for such loud colors.

The Competition Orange '04 Mustangs are also quite popular on the used market.

Last night and B&P a fully loaded Titanium HB again. Last week it was ~$35,000 CAD. Last night, I think a third rapid spec was added. I also added Navigation, Moonroof and the 18" wheel upgrade. It came now @ ~$30,000 CAD. That brings it closer to the $1500-2000 difference I was speaking of. It is a much more competitive and reasonable price. I priced a SE w/Sport package and it was only another $1500 over the Fiesta SES HB I bought. The pricing makes more sense now.

You open the battery compartment and install a new one. I've had one on my Mustang for the past 10 years and it's still on the original battery.

not sure the Fiesta versions can be opened...the tech installing them was wondering thr same thing, and he looked...

Edited by Deanh

Outside of the integrated B pillar mounted ones, most of them look like a pretty tacky add on to the outside of the car.

I had the factory keypad on my 87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and loved it. It's so convenient when at the beach to just throw your keys and wallet in the trunk. I've seen some people mount the accessory unit on the back side of the fuel filler door. IIRC, the first car that had the keypad was the 1980 Thunderbird.

69001740.jpg

just an FYI on the Focus...looking at a full color shot ( red mica ) of the coupe...B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.....and then i note a little dis-claimer.....btm right corner...Pre-production model shown, US version will have different headlights, mirrors foglamps and wheels.....interesting.........LEDs perhaps?

just an FYI on the Focus...looking at a full color shot ( red mica ) of the coupe...B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.....and then i note a little dis-claimer.....btm right corner...Pre-production model shown, US version will have different headlights, mirrors foglamps and wheels.....interesting.........LEDs perhaps?

Say what?

Say what?

just compared the shot I'm looking at and fordvehicles.com....wheels no biggie, mirrors change a tad, instead of the tip being a turn signal/ puddle, the US version gets a "line" instead. Headlights do look a little different, almost smoked on the US version, foglights look the same....? verdict...WHEW!

just compared the shot I'm looking at and fordvehicles.com....wheels no biggie, mirrors change a tad, instead of the tip being a turn signal/ puddle, the US version gets a "line" instead. Headlights do look a little different, almost smoked on the US version, foglights look the same....? verdict...WHEW!

Where the hell did you find a coupe, Dean??? :confused: