First Glimpse Of New Aussie Ford Territory

I think Expedition and Navigator could shrink to T6 and still be successful.

Eh... Go to a horse show or boat ramp (or any other place where trailers are being pulled) and see what's pulling them. There is still a market for full sized vehicles. Just not in the same volume as 5 years ago. Shrinking a Tahoe or Expedition would not be a smart idea (at least in my mind).

I think Expedition and Navigator could shrink to T6 and still be successful.

I've owned a few Expeditions and currently own an EL and if the Expedition were to shrink at all, I would just keep my current one forever. IMO, the Expedition needs to stay full size and keep IRS.

Now if they were to build a Bronco on T6 with real off road capability, that would a great idea!

A ha ha ha ha ha,

That's the same colour as my brother's Territory Ghia, I've borrowed it several

times over the past year and never once noticed the small upper hatch............

I wish the Explorer had a window hatch like that, it the chrome even makes it look like it should if you ask me:

2011-Ford-Explorer-from-Rear-View-Picture-570x378.jpg

I wish the Explorer had a window hatch like that, it the chrome even makes it look like it should if you ask me:

Yeah, I dunno why they're moving away from that - I always like the liftglass feature - I guess it's a cost-/complexity-/weight(?)-saving measure.

I don't like how the Explorer doesn't have a black plastic "guard" on the bumper where it cuts out for the rear liftgate - that's scratch-central if you ask me (I think the Edge is like that too, though).

Yeah, I dunno why they're moving away from that - I always like the liftglass feature - I guess it's a cost-/complexity-/weight(?)-saving measure.

I don't like how the Explorer doesn't have a black plastic "guard" on the bumper where it cuts out for the rear liftgate - that's scratch-central if you ask me (I think the Edge is like that too, though).

The Edge has a black plastic guard if you get the cargo package option (I think that is the name of the option).

With the higher beltline, I'm not sure how useful opening rear glass would be, especially with the availability of a power liftgate.

As for the top of the bumper, there should be an optional cover for it -- there is on my Edge.

The Edge has a black plastic guard if you get the cargo package option (I think that is the name of the option).

With the higher beltline, I'm not sure how useful opening rear glass would be, especially with the availability of a power liftgate.

As for the top of the bumper, there should be an optional cover for it -- there is on my Edge.

I did not realize there was an available cover on the Edge.

The liftglass would be handy for small items that you don't want to (or may not be able to) open the entire liftgate for. There are times I've had one small item I went to get out of the back of my Flex, I open the liftgate, get the item, then close the liftgate only to realize after it's already closed again that I wanted another additional item, then I have to open the whole liftgate again (or I guess push a button with the power feature, LOL) --- the point is, sometimes all that's needed is the liftglass, not the whole liftgate. Is it difficult to open the whole liftgate to get certain items? No, of course not, but it'd be more convenient to have a liftglass at times.

It's not a critical feature though - I doubt anyone would say say "oh it doesn't have a liftglass, I'm not buying it."

The liftglass would be handy for small items that you don't want to (or may not be able to) open the entire liftgate for. There are times I've had one small item I went to get out of the back of my Flex, I open the liftgate, get the item, then close the liftgate only to realize after it's already closed again that I wanted another additional item, then I have to open the whole liftgate again (or I guess push a button with the power feature, LOL) --- the point is, sometimes all that's needed is the liftglass, not the whole liftgate. Is it difficult to open the whole liftgate to get certain items? No, of course not, but it'd be more convenient to have a liftglass at times.

It's not a critical feature though - I doubt anyone would say say "oh it doesn't have a liftglass, I'm not buying it."

My point with the higher beltline is that is it really more convenient to open the lift glass and reach over? The glass is already high enough on my Edge. I imagine it is even higher on the new Explorer. Your Flex's rear glass is considerably lower.

So much less interesting than those sketch concepts. Looks like they retained most of the body and just upgraded the nose and rear.

Aussie forum poster (Thanks to Brendan (aka. DJIntergr8) has been busy trying to

remove Camoed areas to give us a feel for new Territory:

PS, local pronunciation is Terra-Tree (not Terra-Tory) it rolls off the tongue easier.

31296647.jpg

156893_478541366499_542176499_6517916_6679149_n.jpg

Yap, just as I said all along. Again, this is no my first rodeo.

But what you probably didn't know that the big push in this MCE was

- upgrading the 6 year old interior

- introduction of V6 diesel from Land Rover Discovery

- ZF 6-speed auto transmission across the board.

So while the Exterior gets a dust over, the real improvement is on the inside and also 30% increase in fuel economy over the already very efficient I-6 4.0 liter engine. Although this interior is probably not what you would expect for say the Explorer, it is still a big step up from what's there at the moment. That combined with exterior improvements and diesel option will see territory climb up through the charts in Australia.

Edited by jpd80

My point with the higher beltline is that is it really more convenient to open the lift glass and reach over? The glass is already high enough on my Edge. I imagine it is even higher on the new Explorer. Your Flex's rear glass is considerably lower.

You can see the people standing next to it - it may not be convenient for most stuff, but for small items it would be great, the same could really have been said about most previous liftglasses too, no? I get what you're saying, though.

Wow! :o Me likey very much in Silhouette! :D

Only thing I'm not 100% on yet is the lower silver bit on the front bumper - though it'll probably grow on me...

I'm also in love with the exhaust treatment, especially considering the current model was a bit too povo in that respect IMO.

With a deliberate reveal like this, Ford must be ready to build in January so probably on sale in February.

I agree - surely Ford can't be giving near $10,000 discounts on the Territory for too long: http://news.drive.com.au/drive/drive-a-bargain/fords-discount-territory-20101220-192op.html

As for the taped up rear badge - that appears too long for 'Ghia' Is Titanium for real?

I agree - surely Ford can't be giving near $10,000 discounts on the Territory for too long: http://news.drive.co...1220-192op.html

As for the taped up rear badge - that appears too long for 'Ghia' Is Titanium for real?

Yeah, it seems logical that Ghia name will pass into history and be replaced by Titanium trim level.

I think that has a much better appeal with younger-middle aged buyers and rejuvenate sales.