First Glimpse Of New Aussie Ford Territory

2011-ford-territory.jpg

LINK

Ford Australia has released the first official image of the new-look 2011 Ford Territory.

The sketch reveals the new vehicle will adopt Ford's global kinetic design language, emphasised by the large lower air intake, thin horizontal grille and sharp, sweeping headlights already seen on the smaller European-designed Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo models.

Ford says the styling of the 2011 Territory provides a glimpse into the future of Ford's global SUV design.

Completely redesigned inside and out, the Territory will feature a range of new technical features, headlined by the long-awaited introduction of a diesel engine.

The engine will be a 2.7-litre turbo-diesel V6 from the Land Rover Discovery sourced from Europe.

Ford Australia is yet to reveal performance data of the Territory diesel, but fitted to the $68,490 Discovery 4 TDV6 S it produces 140kW of power and 445Nm of torque.

Hauling the Land Rover's considerable 2486kg frame (around 400kg more than the current-model Ford), it achieves combined cycle fuel consumption of 10.2 litres/100km and accelerates from 0-100km/h in 12.7 seconds.

Ford has confirmed the current I6 engine will carry over into the new model.

Ford Australia President and CEO, Bob Graziano, said he believed the new Territory – which will be the vehicle's first major upgrade since the launch of the SX in 2004 – would again set the benchmark in the medium SUV market.

"This is an exceptional SUV. It wears an exciting new look and will boast an extensive list of technical highlights," Mr Graziano said.

"The Ford Australia team is taking the Territory to an all-new level of performance, refinement and quality, and customers will definitely experience these advancements when they drive it."

Ford Australia is yet to reveal an on-sale date for the 2011 Territory. It may choose to officially unveil new SUV at the 2011 Australian International Motor Show in Melbourne on July 1.

Launch, specification and pricing details of the 2011 Ford Territory will be revealed in the coming months.

Well that a complete change from the plane Jane looking Territory we have now,

I'm wondering how this style compares to the soon to be on sale Explorer.....

"This is an exceptional SUV. It wears an exciting new look and will boast an extensive list of technical highlights," Mr Graziano said.

Could it be an Aussie intro to MyFord? (PLEASE!!!!!! :D)

OR, more like the Terrain Management System off the new Explorer? (aswell, thanks! :P)

Edited by Aussie_Ford

The basic shape of the grill is very similar to the grill shape of the Escape drawing that has been circulating. Perhaps we are seeing the beginning of a global style for Ford's SUV and CUV vehicles.

Ford says the styling of the 2011 Territory provides a glimpse into the future of Ford's global SUV design,

so it not surprising that there is a strong resemblance between the two designs....

Since you've seen the entire vehicle, right? :finger:

You can see the original body intact in the sketch. And the photo reveals quite abit about the details and proportion of the front end. This is not my first rodeo sir!

Edited by BORG

You can see the original body intact in the sketch. And the photo reveals quite abit about the details and proportion of the front end. This is not my first rodeo sir!

The proportions of the photo appear almost identical to the sketch. The only thing that appears different at all is the lack of an amber reflector and chrome in the headlight on the sketch.

Edited by NickF1011

This is not my first rodeo sir!

Nor is it the first time that you've leaped to an untenable conclusion based on your pessimism. It may be a face lift, it may be a reskin over many of the same hardpoints (e.g. Taurus X to Explorer). Whatever it is, it is not plainly apparent based on an artist's sketch.

Edited by RichardJensen

The Ford press release had this bob-bon:

"In addition, Ford's iconic Falcon will be even further enhanced with a stylish new look and new powertrain options, including the introduction of Ford's global EcoBoost engine and ultra-efficient LPI (Liquid Phase Injection) technology."

I guess I wasn't paying attention, but what's LPI? :)

The sketch looks much better than what they are actually delivering, that's annoying and predictable.

Besides, it's just a facelift on a vehicle that looks like a 2005 Feestyle. At least they tried.

Freestyle was a copy of Territory concept (1998) a scale model was shown to Ford bosses in 2000.

When Geoff Polites presented to the chiefs in Dearborn, they all stood up and applauded.

Instead of using that design, they went out and copied it for the Freestyle....

Edited by jpd80

The Ford press release had this bob-bon:

"In addition, Ford's iconic Falcon will be even further enhanced with a stylish new look and new powertrain options, including the introduction of Ford's global EcoBoost engine and ultra-efficient LPI (Liquid Phase Injection) technology."

I guess I wasn't paying attention, but what's LPI? :)

Instead of using a conventional LP Gas mixer valve, this system has individual injectors for the gas.

it's the LP Gas equivalent of multi-point port Fuel injection. LPGas is about half the price of gasoline

in Australia and usually makes up about 20% of Falcon sedan sales..