New Chrysler, Dodge slogans leak out?

PREMiERdrum

MOPAR products have been disappearing from the UK market one by one slowly they sell just 3 models now.

At the moment Dodge don't sell anything their website displays a Chrysler Voyager, Chryslers Website just displays the Voyager, Jeep have a couple of models the Wrangler & Patriot, the Grand Cherokee, 300 & Crossfire have disappeared over the last couple of years. I know somebody that owned a Crossfire he only brought it into work twice (Head gasket blew, warped craked the head on one of the trips in) because he was using more gas in it than most other folk l work with using in a couple weeks.

I was traveling into Heathrow a few weeks ago and a massive huge RAM beastie looked like a house on 4 wheels appeared out of the fog like a big swamp thing, it pulled up at the lights on the A30 what is a bit of a drag strip into the airport it just blew everything away. Gotta say it surprised knocked me back a bit at how fast a huge Condo on wheels can move.

It's a shame we no longer get all the good stuff like RAM, Grand Cherokee & Charger, but to be honest nobody could afford to fill one up run one in the UK. If MOPAR want to do well sell into the UK their products have gotta be made fuel price relevant like Ford UK or GM's Vauxhall. Still at least MOPAR are US made products unlike Chevy that are all Korean made junk.

Gotta say l don't know where my local Chevy & MOPAR dealers are this side of the pond, last time l looked Dodge had a dealer about 200 miles away in Manchester l thought to myself that must be handy when you want a new set of brake pads a 200 mile trip to the Dodge parts counter. You could not make this crap up, but sad to say its true its kinda of funny l thought Dodge would end up selling bugger all now MOPAR have pulled the plug on them. Why can't MOPAR do the sensible thing sell their cars/spares through Fiat outlets we must have a few hundred in the UK.

Chrysler always used to sell quite a lot of cars in the past that were smaller more orientated for Europe when they were part of the Rootes group the Hillman Imp was a great little car in the 60's a little pocket rocket it returned 60 MPG as well. MOPAR of today are run by a complete bunch of clueless plebs who are totally out of touch with the European market trying to sell vehicles that are built to run in $3 a gallon car market in North America to Europe is never going to sell at all in $9 a gallon UK however good they are.

Maybe Richard Jenson was right about this global car thingy not working as Americans don't look like they are ready to downsize in Fiesta's either just yet, aircraft operate with a global kerosene price, global cars don't.

Marketing folk at MOPAR wanna stop wasting millions on silly slogans and start getting real, even though l like the Chrysler Detroit slogan that would sell it to me.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Fellow BONheads, I submit that we can create slogans at least as bad as Fiat-sco's agency, so let's give them the benefit of our abilities. Pro bono, of course, because they're having a hard time lately.

Don't blame the agency. Blame the Marketing department for picking these stinkers out of the dozen proposed by the agency.

Although I have a feeling these stinkers didnt come from the agency but rather from some snot-nosed MBA at Chryco.

Don't blame the agency. Blame the Marketing department for picking these stinkers out of the dozen proposed by the agency.

Although I have a feeling these stinkers didnt come from the agency but rather from some snot-nosed MBA at Chryco.

Plenty of blame to go around....

Bad clients get bad work from good agencies, but that doesn't excuse the bad work.

Chrysler: Setting a low standard and failing to maintain it.

Ram: Why buy a 4 year old ford when you can buy a new 4 year old ford.

Dodge: Couple of bankruptcy's and a couple of new owners proves we've got staying power baby!

Jeep: We might of killed every single company that has ever owned us, but we helped win WW2!

Chrysler: Now available from the latest owner.

Ram: So what, we're less expensive.

Dodge: At least we're still here.

Jeep: Stop laughing, off road we're great.......ish.

Chysler: Surviving bankruptcy's since '84

Chrysler:FUCKING PIECE OF ITALIAN JUNK, COCKSUCKING MOTHERFUCKING PILE OF SHI.....is this thing on? Uh...Sergio...how you doin'?

Chrysler: Owners prefer Chysler products over anal probes 2 to 1!

• Like 1

Chrysler: Smarter then Luxury.

Oh wait.......

So you've seen that tag in a print ad, have you? Heard it on a TV commercial?

Not to say Ford hasn't had some atrocious slogans in the past.......................... "If you haven't taken a look at Ford lately, look again" being, probably, the worst.

So you've seen that tag in a print ad, have you? Heard it on a TV commercial?

Not to say Ford hasn't had some atrocious slogans in the past.......................... "If you haven't taken a look at Ford lately, look again" being, probably, the worst.

No, I have not seen Chrysler: Smarter then Luxury in any ad. :)

Then again, I've not seen or heard of any of the ads that was the basis of this discussion of this thread either. If the "imported" one is being used as a brand slogan, it is absolutely horrid. I can't think of many Americans with aspirational views of Detroit. If it's being used in an ad for a single car...not the worst I've heard. Either way, there's certainly been many better.