Ford probing worker abuse claim

Wanna talk worker abuse?

Mulally received $56 Million in stock for a bonus this year. That represents 11,200 workers average profit sharing. Over 1/4 of the U.S. hourly employees.

All that for my stock going down $4.00 a share in the past couple of weeks.

Wanna talk worker abuse?

Mulally received $56 Million in stock for a bonus this year. That represents 11,200 workers average profit sharing. Over 1/4 of the U.S. hourly employees.

If Mullaly's not worth it, then fire him.

If they won't fire him, then find another job with more equal profit sharing.

• Like 2

There is no job like that unless I move to Fantasyland.

If the only options are having an income or moving to Fantasyland, then it sounds like you have it pretty good. (They aren't, btw. You're only as stuck as you want to be)

Again, if Mullaly's not worth it, fire him.

Wanna talk worker abuse?

He should have been given $100 Million Billion.....just like Dr. Evil.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

Wanna talk worker abuse?

Wrong. He was granted 3.8M shares of stock options when the stock was near $1 (the article doesn't say exactly). The vested date was March. At the current stock price those options were worth $59M which he exercised and they kept $23M for taxes.

This is the way stock options work for all employees at all companies. Had the stock not gone up he would have realized $0.

By that logic Mulally lost $15M because he couldn't exercise those options earlier.

I can't believe you're complaining about the stock price when it's up almost $15 in just a couple of years. Never mind - I can believe it because logic and reality doesn't fit with your biases.

• Like 3

Wanna talk worker abuse?

He makes decisions that MAKE or BREAK the company. He works 12-14 hour days, etc.

Do you do the same?

Not to mention that he is perhaps the best CEO in the industry. Thats talent that you have to buy.

He makes decisions that MAKE or BREAK the company. He works 12-14 hour days, etc.

Do you do the same?

I work 12 hour days, troubleshoot some of the most complicated machinery in the automotive industry, and can program 4 different types of robots. If my line goes down, Ford loses $10k profit per minute.

Can he do that?

Seriously now, do you see how silly your last post is? By your description, the President of the United States should make way more than Alan.

I never understood why people complain about their compensation. If you don't like your pay, you are free to move to another company that will pay more for your services. If you cannot find anyone else that will pay you more, it simply means your skills aren't worth that much. This is market economy after all.

• Like 2

I guess I misunderstood when you complain about his compensation, I assumed you meant he's overpaid and you're underpaid.

You are angry that stock went down? I think the value of Alan Mulally is this: How much would the stock go down if he announce he's leaving the company. Yeah, he is worth that much.

I'm not complaining about my compensation.

Edited by Catalepsy
  • Like 1

I guess I misunderstood when you complain about his compensation, I assumed you meant he's overpaid and you're underpaid.

You are angry that stock went down? I think the value of Alan Mulally is this: How much would the stock go down if he announce he's leaving the company. Yeah, he is worth that much.

He was only compensated with 3.8M shares of Ford stock at rock bottom prices. The rest he made due to the stock price increase which he was directly responsible for.

Or to look at it another way - anybody who bought 3.8M shares of Ford stock 2 years ago would have made the same profit.

Wanna talk worker abuse?

I think Alex Trotman got $69 million one year,or was it nassar? seams sooo long ago

I work 12 hour days, troubleshoot some of the most complicated machinery in the automotive industry, and can program 4 different types of robots. If my line goes down, Ford loses $10k profit per minute.

Can he do that?

Seriously now, do you see how silly your last post is? By your description, the President of the United States should make way more than Alan.

Can you run a company with around 175,000 workers, control a $30b revenue, etc?

Not our current president!

Do you do the same?

Not to mention that he is perhaps the best CEO in the industry. Thats talent that you have to buy.

He is the best CEO in the industry. His talent is not purchasible. Our dear Government gave GM billions and billions dollar, those money just can not buy one Alane Mullaly.

Now, UAW member get $ 5000 per person as bonus. Alan and Bill got Millions as bonus. Does anyone know how much those white collar people will get as bonus? Seems that people forgot them.

Thought I saw something along the lines of 10% bonus for salaried employees. Could be mistaken though.

We just got an email today that we will be paid last year's bonus this month... Yay! They did eliminate all the company parties, BBQ and all the other stuff. I much prefer a check anyway.

People still get bonuses? Yikes. I'm in the wrong industry. We're lucky to get pizza in the newsroom on election night!