Toyota Teases 2012 Camry

PREMiERdrum

Toyota can listen to it's customers by providing them with a working brake pedal :)

Lovely...Mitsubishi-like, masked avenger headlight...they are wanting to be a bit more aggressive, and the scary part is it'll turn out to be something like Grandma wearing an S&M harness and fishnet stockings and they'll call that bold and aggressive.

• Like 1

So, they'll have a similar engine lineup to what they have now? Everyone else seems to be moving to all 4 cylinder engines. I guess we'll see who is right, Toyota or everyone else.

Edited by AGR

Toyota can listen to it's customers by providing them with a working brake pedal :)

Lovely...Mitsubishi-like, masked avenger headlight...they are wanting to be a bit more aggressive, and the scary part is it'll turn out to be something like Grandma wearing an S&M harness and fishnet stockings and they'll call that bold and aggressive.

:doh::stop::drop: LOL perfect!

Edited by timmm55

Bullshit baffles brains.

Camry is not sold in Europe because its total crap, they tried & failed. We see right through Toyoda's Bullshit..

I wish Ford would build the Fusion in Detroit as well as Mexico, if they did they would blow the Camry sales to bits right out the water.

Chevy Cruze & Focus that are both build Stateside & are both doing very well for it at the moment.

Bullshit baffles brains.

Camry is not sold in Europe because its total crap, they tried & failed. We see right through Toyoda's Bullshit..

I wish Ford would build the Fusion in Detroit as well as Mexico, if they did they would blow the Camry sales to bits right out the water.

Chevy Cruze & Focus that are both build Stateside & are both doing very well for it at the moment.

Hold on a minute Jelly; I admire your enthusiasm, yet I thought the class sizes are different between NA and Europe. Correct me if I'm wrong regarding the class sizes. AFAIK, Camry and Sonata were both specific for the NA mid-size sedan market. If there was any attempt/failure it was because it went right against established competition of Ford, VW, and whoever else you got there.

I am sorry you won't get Fusion over there, there will be both sides bemoaning the loss of Fusion for a Mondeo/Fusion and vice versa (if that makes sense) and I know you're not a fan of the current Mondeo. Oh well. At least it looks pretty good Mustang is coming

No l would like a Detroit made Fusion to be sold Stateside Hugh (Would welcome the Fusion as a replacement for the Mondeo that starts to fall to bits after 75,000 miles, but thats not what l mean't). More folk would dump the Camry and move into a Fusion if it was "Made in the USA" even though they may not be the same size. Fusion sales would double Stateside killing Camry sales in the process if it was built in Detroit, as well as Mexico.

Chevy's Korean Cruse struggles to sell more than 150 a month in the UK its not made here. All Chevy's are Korean made for the European market.

Chevy sell 5 Korean made cars in the UK Aveo, Spark, Captiva, Cruze & Orlando that total about 700 sales a month in the UK for Chevy Brand.

If Chevy made the Cruze in Europe or imported it from the US we would buy about 20,000 a month, Korean build quality is very poor & not a place we would buy from.

No l would like a Detroit made Fusion to be sold Stateside Hugh (Would welcome the Fusion as a replacement for the Mondeo that starts to fall to bits after 75,000 miles, but thats not what l mean't). More folk would dump the Camry and move into a Fusion if it was "Made in the USA" even though they may not be the same size. Fusion sales would double Stateside killing Camry sales in the process if it was built in Detroit, as well as Mexico.

Chevy's Korean Cruse struggles to sell more than 150 a month in the UK its not made here. All Chevy's are Korean made for the European market.

Chevy sell 5 Korean made cars in the UK Aveo, Spark, Captiva, Cruze & Orlando that total about 700 sales a month in the UK for Chevy Brand.

If Chevy made the Cruze in Europe or imported it from the US we would buy about 20,000 a month, Korean build quality is very poor & not a place we would buy from.

Alright I see what you mean. Fusion and Camry are direct competitors and maybe a 'Made in US' label might bring more customers. Who knows what the next generation might bring. It's ironic the build quality is poor from your Korean imports. Our Hyundai and Kia's are very competitive and sell very well.

Alright I see what you mean. Fusion and Camry are direct competitors and maybe a 'Made in US' label might bring more customers. Who knows what the next generation might bring. It's ironic the build quality is poor from your Korean imports. Our Hyundai and Kia's are very competitive and sell very well.

Kia & Hyundia build quality is OK in Europe, it Korean made Chevy's that have shit build quality.

Trade barrier came down last month between Korea & EU, Ford of Europe's CEO said he is dead worried that very cheap Korean made cars will flood the market out in Europe & kill Fords sales in Europe big time.

Ford of Europe CEO Stephen Odell said the EU's free-trade agreement with South Korea is ''damaging'' for Europe's auto industry.

Odell said that eliminating auto tariffs into the EU for exporting nations, with little or no export potential for the EU in return, would seriously undermine auto manufacturing in Europe. Ford is among automakers, including Fiat S.p.A. and PSA/Peugeot-Citroen SA that fear the agreement could flood Europe with cheap Korean-built cars.

Read more: http://www.autonews....3#ixzz1RBzW5DUu

VW have just woke up to the fact that you have to build what Americans want & build them in the USA.

VW "Built for America" sales up 68% in USA. All American Camrys now we you are getting all American VW's as well, lets have the Fusion & Fiesta built in Detroit as well as Mexico.

LINK

Will Americans believe this Toyota bullshit this fall, Hugh?

Toyota Motor Corp., seeking to rebuild U.S. sales momentum for its flagship Camry sedan, plans to position the redesigned car as "smart, safe and worry-free" during a fall media blitz, The Wall Street Journal reported. Toyota executives told a meeting of 1,223 dealers in Las Vegas on Wednesday that a massive media campaign will be used as part of the vehicle's launch and it will include 40 new commercials, according to the report.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

The fusion will never out sell the camry no matter where it is built and the korean twins over here sell very well and r well put together and they r not afraid to put the best warranty in the auto industry on them so they r pretty confident on their product....

Will Americans believe this Toyota bullshit this fall, Hugh?

Toyota Motor Corp., seeking to rebuild U.S. sales momentum for its flagship Camry sedan, plans to position the redesigned car as "smart, safe and worry-free" during a fall media blitz, The Wall Street Journal reported. Toyota executives told a meeting of 1,223 dealers in Las Vegas on Wednesday that a massive media campaign will be used as part of the vehicle's launch and it will include 40 new commercials, according to the report.

I can only suppose as a Canadian buyer which tastes are pretty much on par with the US.

Number 1 Truck: F-Series

Number 1 Mid-Size: Camry

Number 1 Compact: Honda Civic

The three hits: "smart, safe and worry-free" are Camry owners. Plain, simple reliable transportation.

Jelly: Still, people will swipe them up because Ford doesn't enter the mind and if you have had no problems with your previous car, you won't spend your hard-earned dollars by taking a chance regardless of the choices. That sounds like the mid-size market to me. Yeah, folks will scoop this us and shovel it down...

The fusion will never out sell the camry no matter where it is built and the korean twins over here sell very well and r well put together and they r not afraid to put the best warranty in the auto industry on them so they r pretty confident on their product....

Agreed. As long as Ford sells all the stock they have at a profit, numbers don't matter.

Agreed. As long as Ford sells all the stock they have at a profit, numbers don't matter.

Ford UK have a new CEO, first thing he said was numbers don't matter. He would would rather be No3 with big profits than No1 making a big loss on everything they sold.

LINK

Ford of Europe boss is worried that Fords sales will get scuppered here due to Kia & Hyundai flooding out Europe with cheap cars with 7 year guarantees now the EU trade barriers have come down. Koreans can still make big profits by flooding Europe out with cheap built cars using cheap Korean labor costs. Fords/Opels labor costs in Germany where most of their cars are produced in Europe are the most expensive places in the world to build cars with the worlds most expensive labor costs.

How will Ford Germany be able to justify, complete make big profits in Europe Hugh, with the most expensive labor costs in world which will drag down Fords profits?

Will Ford Germany end up like Ford Dagenham in the UK that used to employ 55,000 Brits in those good ole Cortina days to the 1,800 of today that most Brits look on as a massive Ford failure. Will weak Ford management let sky high German labor costs (Most expensive in the world), strong German "rule the roost" trade unions that need "massive compensation" to get rid of sink two faced Ford in Europe Hugh (Mexican cheap made Fusion low cost rulebook gets torn up in Fords two faced Ford world, the most expensive place to build cars on the planet is Fiesta/Euro Fusion/Focus/Kuga German European plants) ?

Ford of Europe boss not happy, Koreans will flood the EU out will cheap cars at a profit, now trade barriers have come down in EU.

LINK

We have only 4,177 Toyota Camry's left on the UK roads from when Toyota used to sell them here to Brits.

UK has 31 million cars on its road which fell last year for the first time due to 400,000 cars due to the C4C scrappage schemes trade-ins.

Camry is shit, it failed in the UK but you don't mind buying crap handling - deathtrap - runaway cars Stateside.

Color me unimpressed.

I would say the Fusion has a lot of potential to consistently outsell the Camry should they open production on another flex line elsewhere in NA to get the necessary volume and the next generation vehicle continues to raise the bar as most of Ford's new vehicle introductions of late have. It's not like the Camry has always been the best-selling car in the country.

Toyota is no longer the de facto choice in the industry. Consumers are finally starting to realize that all of the major automakers these days are putting out a pretty good product.

• Like 2

I would say the Fusion has a lot of potential to consistently outsell the Camry should they open production on another flex line elsewhere in NA to get the necessary volume and the next generation vehicle continues to raise the bar as most of Ford's new vehicle introductions of late have.

+1

It will take several years for the Fusion to build up enough faithful followers to overtake Camry consistently. We're just now seeing wave one of repeat buyers who are upgrading from the first gen model. Next year will start wave two where both first and second gen buyers upgrade along with the newcomers.

It will take several years for the Fusion to build up enough faithful followers to overtake Camry consistently. We're just now seeing wave one of repeat buyers who are upgrading from the first gen model. Next year will start wave two where both first and second gen buyers upgrade along with the newcomers.

Maybe. Maybe not. The biggest question mark in my eyes is whether or not Ford is going to attempt to add additional production volume. I have no doubt they could already be selling more of them if more or them were available. But as has been mentioned, volume isn't everything.

Maybe. Maybe not. The biggest question mark in my eyes is whether or not Ford is going to attempt to add additional production volume. I have no doubt they could already be selling more of them if more or them were available. But as has been mentioned, volume isn't everything.

Agreed - I'm not sure it's worth the extra sales for Ford to open a second line or move production entirely. It's also possible the MKZ will move leaving more volume for the Fusion.

I was just addressing whether there would be enough demand for the Fusion to overtake Camry if they chose to build that many.