2011 Jeep Liberty

spotdog14

As much as I tried to get my girlfriend into an Escape I failed, well actually the incentives failed to lure her toward Ford. So I have been driving this beast for the last week since she stole my Fusion I have a few points to point out. First is I don't understand how they are ever going to comply with CAFE standards with this vehicle, I really hope its just because its new and hasn't been broke in yet but I get about 15mpg on the highway. Second is its really hard to turn, I guess I'm just use to my Fusion where I can turn it with one finger on the wheel; this thing I have to almost have two hands on the wheel to back into parking spots, etc. The third is that the 4 speed transmission should be never put into a new vehicle, its ridiculous.

But overall its not a bad little truck, I'm glad that its only a two year lease though. In all honesty she would have gone with the Escape but Jeep was offering 6k in lease incentives and it was just to much to turn down.

They're still using a 4 speed automatic? Wow. Welcome back to 1992. They're on average about two gears behind the rest of the automotive world. How does this company stay in business?

Not to defend Fiat, but...

Transit Connect, Ranger, E-Series?

As much as I tried to get my girlfriend into an Escape I failed, well actually the incentives failed to lure her toward Ford. So I have been driving this beast for the last week since she stole my Fusion I have a few points to point out. First is I don't understand how they are ever going to comply with CAFE standards with this vehicle, I really hope its just because its new and hasn't been broke in yet but I get about 15mpg on the highway. Second is its really hard to turn, I guess I'm just use to my Fusion where I can turn it with one finger on the wheel; this thing I have to almost have two hands on the wheel to back into parking spots, etc. The third is that the 4 speed transmission should be never put into a new vehicle, its ridiculous.

But overall its not a bad little truck, I'm glad that its only a two year lease though. In all honesty she would have gone with the Escape but Jeep was offering 6k in lease incentives and it was just to much to turn down.

I rented one of these in Montana earlier this year. Good power. Adequate room (but just adequate). I can't remember what the mpg I was getting, but I do remember thinking it was a gas hog. As far as being hard to turn, the steering wheel is a bit small isn't it? Not that they couldn't boost the PS, but if the steering wheel is small, it requires more effort.

It may have been a 2010 model, because the interior looked like it was designed by Rubbermaid. Supposedly, Chryco interiors have been improved.

I rented one of these in Montana earlier this year. Good power. Adequate room (but just adequate). I can't remember what the mpg I was getting, but I do remember thinking it was a gas hog. As far as being hard to turn, the steering wheel is a bit small isn't it? Not that they couldn't boost the PS, but if the steering wheel is small, it requires more effort.

It may have been a 2010 model, because the interior looked like it was designed by Rubbermaid. Supposedly, Chryco interiors have been improved.

I think that is about all you can say about it is that it has adequate power. My I-4 Fusion goes 0-60 faster than that and it has 35 more HP (though mine is lighter). I actually think the interior room is perfect, from what I can tell its about the same size as the old (95-01) Explorer. I don't know if the wheel radius is smaller but the grip size of the wheel is huge, I would say close to twice the size of my Fusions wheel. But beyond that it is hard to turn, I went online to a few Jeep forums and apparently its like that with all Jeeps.

As for the interiors I will agree with you the last 5 or so years of Chrysler interiors have been sub par on almost every level. But I do have to say for an offroading style vehicle like this the hard plastic and general design on the Liberty's interior is very good. I will say though that the seats are not great, they are growing on me but they are not great.

Not to defend Fiat, but...

Transit Connect, Ranger, E-Series?

Coincidentally the 3 vehicles with the oldest powertrains in Ford's North American lineup. Transit Connect will undoubtedly get the same powetrains as the Focus with its upcoming redesign. We all know Ranger is on its way out in under 12 months and hasn't been worth updating for several years now. E-series...well...its future isn't known yet. That's about the only one I can realistically lay any blame at.

Coincidentally the 3 vehicles with the oldest powertrains in Ford's North American lineup. Transit Connect will undoubtedly get the same powetrains as the Focus with its upcoming redesign. We all know Ranger is on its way out in under 12 months and hasn't been worth updating for several years now. E-series...well...its future isn't known yet. That's about the only one I can realistically lay any blame at.

E Series is a truck aimed at commercial duty. We don't really need any finesse there, as long as it goes and is reliable thats getting the job done. The Jeep is supposed to be a consumer vehicle thats been kept up to date.

E Series is a truck aimed at commercial duty. We don't really need any finesse there, as long as it goes and is reliable thats getting the job done. The Jeep is supposed to be a consumer vehicle thats been kept up to date.

True, but as seen in the F-series, the 6-speed transmissions do go a long way toward increased fuel economy, which is important even to commercial buyers.

• Like 1

To me, incentives on an inferior vehicles, just isn't worth it in my opinion. Then again, it's a lease, so you won't have to deal with it after 2yrs if you don't want to.

And regarding the steering, I experienced the same thing on the 2011 Kia Sportage I drove recently. My F150 is so much easier to turn/steer than that Sportage was.