2013 Lincoln MKT Gets Refined Version of Waterfall Grille

If it was low volume on a non-shared platform in a low volume plant - sure.

But in this case it's a question of whether they make 30K vehicles at $10K profit - or they get nothing. They can't shut down a plant or get rid of a platform by cancelling them.

I'm sure Ford would like sales to be higher but we'll have to wait and see what happens after the MCE and the livery market is in full force.

Alan, I understand what you are saying, the money was already spent, every vehicle made all contribute something to the bottomline. I guess that's why Ford hasn't pull the plug yet. I bet Ford would love to see "30K vehicles at $10K profit" per, but after more than 2 years, total MKT is approaching 15K, not even half that.

When you spend certain amount money and effort on something, you expect certain things to happen. When the outcome badly miss your expectations, you call it a ...

I believe Flex/MKT has its own line, not shared with Edge/MKX, so in a sense, they do have their "own" plant in that their under used capacity won't translate into more Edge/MKX being built.

Regarding the design/engineering cost, the D4 CUV unique cost is substantial, no other ways about it. And both of them are underpeforming, to put it mildly.

Your pulling shit out of your ass so you don't look stupid...

Alan, I understand what you are saying, the money was already spent, every vehicle made all contribute something to the bottomline. I guess that's why Ford hasn't pull the plug yet. I bet Ford would love to see "30K vehicles at $10K profit" per, but after more than 2 years, total MKT is approaching 15K, not even half that.

When you spend certain amount money and effort on something, you expect certain things to happen. When the outcome badly miss your expectations, you call it a ...

I already said that I'm sure that neither the Flex or the MKT met sales expectations. But that doesn't necessarily mean they are failures or should be killed immediately.

Until we see the refreshes and what happens with the new livery market I just don't think we can make a fair judgement.

I'd say thats very doubtful...I'd expect a Edge/MKX replacement in 2014 or 2015 on the CD4 platform...esp since I'd expect it to merge with the S-Max or replace it in the EU

The Edge is only the #1 best selling Mid-sized CUV now in NA :)

I assume Oakville is 'Flex-build' so it can adapt as required so that's good news. All the talk on other threads made me forget the comment I made. Back to product is a refreshing change and the fact the Edge is doing well is a victory in of itself. :)