Company has a plan if voted down

nonunion slug

Well, the no vote at MAP has put Ford management on alert. We had another emergency meeting today. My manager talked about how the vote was close and probably didn’t mean much of anything. They were in contact with salaried workers at the plant who said it was a local political issue.

Yet, it seems upper management at Ford is taking it very seriously. We were told once again to be ready to head to the plants that we did the last vehicle launch. In case the contract continues to be voted down, we need to be ready to go. I have been given the assignment to begin contacting suppliers who also helped on the launch. I think Ford plans on bringing them in also to help continue making product if the vote goes down.

One of my co-workers said that if the contract is voted down, don’t the Company and union go back to the table and continue negotiating? My manager said that was possible, but not probable. The company has other options, we were told and don’t have to go back to the table.

What I got from it was the Company can go back to the table, the union can go on strike or the Company can lock the union out. I know the Company has already been in contact with MADI corp http://www.madicorp.com/strike-replacement-workers/ to replace current workers.

My manager said union workers believe the Company will go back to the table, but on the other hand the Company has two options to bring in replacement workers—if the union goes out on strike or if the Company locks the union out. It was floated that since Republicans run both the governments of Michigan and Ohio that those two states may be targeted for replacement workers. They don’t seem to be worried about angry strikers due to the public being against union workers who turn down a very good agreement and the Company PR staff has already been putting out information on the contract.

• Like 8

Let me ask u this question. Is the company going to relay on this group to put out a quality product? Weather you believe it or not it takes time to train people and who would do that? Supervisors sure as hell don't know how to do the jobs hell I bet the engineers can't even do half the jobs they overload. A lot of people are on the fence. Tired of feeling like their are constaintly getting slapped in the face.

• Like 5

Let me ask u this question. Is the company going to relay on this group to put out a quality product? Weather you believe it or not it takes time to train people and who would do that? Supervisors sure as hell don't know how to do the jobs hell I bet the engineers can't even do half the jobs they overload. A lot of people are on the fence. Tired of feeling like their are constaintly getting slapped in the face.

Yes, this jus sounds like more scare tactics from a white collar worker. Sure seems to be a heck of a lot of them on this forum site. Spreading rhetoric and scare tactics seems to be not only the managements job, but I think the union is sitting there with them.

• Like 4

Yes, this jus sounds like more scare tactics from a white collar worker. Sure seems to be a heck of a lot of them on this forum site. Spreading rhetoric and scare tactics seems to be not only the managements job, but I think the union is sitting there with them.

This guy is definitely a non-union slut. Probably management scare tactics, but some of the stuff he says is factual. theres some posts on the uawford facebook from people saying if we strike over economic issues the company has the legal right to hire replacement workers without any guarantee we get our jobs back. there's some nlrb case that says that. i don't like all of this contract, but i'm not willing to strike over it. just saying..

• Like 3

Well, the no vote at MAP has put Ford management on alert. We had another emergency meeting today. My manager talked about how the vote was close and probably didn't mean much of anything. They were in contact with salaried workers at the plant who said it was a local political issue.

One of my co-workers said that if the contract is voted down, don't the Company and union go back to the table and continue negotiating? My manager said that was possible, but not probable. The company has other options, we were told and don't have to go back to the table.

What I got from it was the Company can go back to the table, the union can go on strike or the Company can lock the union out. I know the Company has already been in contact with MADI corp http://www.madicorp....cement-workers/ to replace current workers.

Where did this guy come from....go crawl back under the rock hence you came.....what a card....are you actually an adult ???????

• Like 4

I guess he has never worked trades?

I suppose he would be quite surprised what a few competent trades, especially electrictions can do to put a halt to the ballgame?

3-4 days downtime with the right sparky is no problemo! Seeing baffaled engineers is quite funny.

A plants trades KNOW far more than plant engineers make no mistake!

we may know soon enough! and I would'nt worry about anyting running when your gone!

unhappy trades turn into a shitstorm as most of ya know!

• Like 3

Think of the health and safety issues, I'm sure the insurance company premiums will sky rocket due to all new personel with little or no training, all the costs on screening, let alone the # of people needed. Quality, what quality, there will be none for the unforeseen future, investors will watch anxiously as costs will skyrocket and productivity will be very very low. Look at it this way, your plant is starting to build a brand new product, we all know how slow that goes to get up to speed, multiply that X 50. Just my feel on it...

• Like 2

Well, the no vote at MAP has put Ford management on alert. We had another emergency meeting today. My manager talked about how the vote was close and probably didn’t mean much of anything. They were in contact with salaried workers at the plant who said it was a local political issue.

Yet, it seems upper management at Ford is taking it very seriously. We were told once again to be ready to head to the plants that we did the last vehicle launch. In case the contract continues to be voted down, we need to be ready to go. I have been given the assignment to begin contacting suppliers who also helped on the launch. I think Ford plans on bringing them in also to help continue making product if the vote goes down.

One of my co-workers said that if the contract is voted down, don’t the Company and union go back to the table and continue negotiating? My manager said that was possible, but not probable. The company has other options, we were told and don’t have to go back to the table. I

What I got from it was the Company can go back to the table, the union can go on strike or the Company can lock the union out. I know the Company has already been in contact with MADI corp http://www.madicorp.com/strike-replacement-workers/ to replace current workers.

My manager said union workers believe the Company will go back to the table, but on the other hand the Company has two options to bring in replacement workers—if the union goes out on strike or if the Company locks the union out. It was floated that since Republicans run both the governments of Michigan and Ohio that those two states may be targeted for replacement workers. They don’t seem to be worried about angry strikers due to the public being against union workers who turn down a very good agreement and the Company PR staff has already been putting out information on the contract.

Nice try with the scare tactic, but not buying ur bs.

Keep this id and use the account over the next 4 years and maybe will not think you are on iuaw damage control next time new member!!!!

• Like 4

One of my co-workers said that if the contract is voted down, don’t the Company and union go back to the table and continue negotiating? My manager said that was possible, but not probable. The company has other options, we were told and don’t have to go back to the table.

More scare tactics,unbelievable how they will try anything to stop the no vote. Just remember,our older brothers and sisters fought for what we had and now the new UAW wants to give it all up and sell us out.

While in the mean time the IUAW just voted themselves a new raise,Mulally and Bill Ford awarded 100 million,thats not including the millions more for rest of management,the UAW negotiators get a fat bonus for a yes vote.

More reasons to vote no then yes. I dont want to fund veba,I didnt get to vote on that agreemant,I dont want to fund 10 percent of my profit sharing to it. Uaw received billions in cash plus enormous stock to cover the rest and they are holding on to it,SELL it.

No raises since 2003, if this passes it will be 12 years before a chance at a raise. They say we need to be competitive to the transplants and the economy is not stable. Well Ford management wasnt worried about being competitive when they paid Mulally the millions,( he was paid more than all the transplants CEOs combined),Toyota employess only make $2 less than us and yes they pay around $700 a year out of pocket expenses for health care but with their bonuses the last few years they have actually made more money than us.

No cola is out of the question,inflation has gone up every year since it was takin from us. Milk,food,gas,etc is sky high so it is actually like a concession each year we dont have it.

Not even our break time back,unbelievable.

We are building more vehicles with half the people,they have turned the line speed up to unbearable,60 hr to 65,66 hr,with the same workload on the jobs.

Uaw tells us its a better profit sharing formula,what the hell are they talking about? Now we will pay 10% of it to veba and now there is a cap on the amount we can collect. How the hell is that a better formula? We are getting robbed.

They tell us they got product commitments. Whatever. They promised us commitments in 07 they never fulfilled. Remember all the work Ford is investing here,they was already going to regardless of the contract,Uaw says they got work back from Mexico,crock of shit. Gm and Ford was already bringing the work back because of the problems over there from the drug cartels and the drug war. They cant bring it all back at once but youll see slowly they will be bringing more back from Mexico.

We never wanted Bob King to be our President and we all definately let him and our local leaders know this when he wanted us to give up our right to strike and yet our local leaders went against what we wanted and voted him in. Bob King is in for 1 term and he is going to completely sell us out before he leaves. Im sure his pockets will be well padded when he leaves and Im sure he will be set up in Ford or Gm after he kills the Uaw.

This is only my opinion,you vote how you feel but my Vote is definately a NO,yes a strike is a risk but sometime or another you have to stand up and say enough is enough. You keep hearing when each contract is up,we can take this shit and maybe next contract we can get something back. Ive heard this for 2 contract now (8 yrs now) ,if we dont stand up now it will be 12 yrs of waiting to get something back. Our forefathers fought and died for our union and what we did have and its time we give them some honor and stand,unite and fight back.

• Like 3

Our forefathers fought and died for our union and what we did have and its time we give them some honor and stand,unite and fight back.

Do you really drive a made in mexico fusion, telling us what our forefathers fought for?

post-46260-0-44073100-1318386784_thumb.png

Edited by poop
  • Like 4

I guess he has never worked trades?

I suppose he would be quite surprised what a few competent trades, especially electrictions can do to put a halt to the ballgame?

3-4 days downtime with the right sparky is no problemo! Seeing baffaled engineers is quite funny.

A plants trades KNOW far more than plant engineers make no mistake!

we may know soon enough! and I would'nt worry about anyting running when your gone!

unhappy trades turn into a shitstorm as most of ya know!

This is the best post that I have ever read on this forum. Get um brother!

• Like 3

Well, the no vote at MAP has put Ford management on alert. We had another emergency meeting today. My manager talked about how the vote was close and probably didn't mean much of anything. They were in contact with salaried workers at the plant who said it was a local political issue.

One of my co-workers said that if the contract is voted down, don't the Company and union go back to the table and continue negotiating? My manager said that was possible, but not probable. The company has other options, we were told and don't have to go back to the table.

What I got from it was the Company can go back to the table, the union can go on strike or the Company can lock the union out. I know the Company has already been in contact with MADI corp http://www.madicorp....cement-workers/ to replace current workers.

My manager said union workers believe the Company will go back to the table, but on the other hand the Company has two options to bring in replacement workers—if the union goes out on strike or if the Company locks the union out. It was floated that since Republicans run both the governments of Michigan and Ohio that those two states may be targeted for replacement workers. They don't seem to be worried about angry strikers due to the public being against union workers who turn down a very good agreement and the Company PR staff has already been putting out information on the contract.

Here we go again.

Just another full of shit troll fuck.

• Like 2

This guy is definitely a non-union slut. Probably management scare tactics, but some of the stuff he says is factual. theres some posts on the uawford facebook from people saying if we strike over economic issues the company has the legal right to hire replacement workers without any guarantee we get our jobs back. there's some nlrb case that says that. i don't like all of this contract, but i'm not willing to strike over it. just saying..

Yep, we cannot go on strike over economic issues and the company can hire replacement workers if we go on strike or if we get locked out by the company. That is true. Ford has a lot more to lose in this deal than we do if you think about it. If Ford caves, they will probably take a hit in public relations, but if Ford is tough with us and actually finds a way to get product out, the media will love them for it and for knocking us down.

• Like 6

I guess you were not around in 76. The way it works is, nobody enters the plant, except management and only with proper ID PEROID!

This isn't 1976, it is 2011 and the people who vote no and may force us into a strike will be the ones running across the picket lines when they get $200 a week for working picket duty. And if the company locks us out, the no voters will be the ones wanting to get their jobs back at our expense. At least on this site, we have no solidarity.

• Like 9

your a company pusher (hugger) your statements don't make a lick of sense. Go back to your sandbox. Pushing a no vote and going to strike is the only way our future is looked after. Nobody will leave the strike line to work for 10 bucks an hour, and nobody is allowed in the plant to work, we have a right to strike and the company cannot bring in workers during the strike so stop spreading BS. Ford will not be able to afford their F-150 lines to be down more then 1 hour. When the company sees that were serious we get everything we lost back. and then "it's a beautiful morn'n"....

And yes we are certainly going on strike over economic issues, the ISSUE is cost of living. How can there be an economic issue when the CEO takes 25 million in pay!.? to me that's not a fair days pay for a fair day's work.

We won't get COLA back. You're dreaming if you believe otherwise. And we're not going to walk just because the contract is voted down. You can't call a strike, only Solid can, and they aren't going to. Settles said that they, the IUAW negotiators, aren't going to saddle Ford with additional costs. We may have had a strike authorization vote, but it doesn't mean that Solid is going to give in to you & your ilk, and call a strike. Even if they go back to the table, COLA isn't going to happen, annual raises aren't going to happen. Maybe they throw a few more bucks at us, but it won't be COLA or raises, and the negotiating team from the International can't be replaced by you, me or anyone else, and it will be the negotiating team from the International that deals with this, not the locals. Only thing your no vote is going to do is put off the inevitable.

• Like 5

And yes we are certainly going on strike over economic issues, the ISSUE is cost of living.

Chucky,

The poster that stated we can be replaced if there is a strike over economic issues is correct. Replacement workers will cross the picket line to replace us.

1 day ?

1 month ??

1 year ???

How ever long a strike takes is a crap shoot.

American axle settled for what they struck for and the members were fighting for job security which is what they should have struck.

The UAW was successful in gaining plenty of job security for all of us in this agreement.

To strike over wages, exactly what you are preaching plays right into the companies hands you stupid fool

Thank God the IUAW has vision and a proactive plan to protect all 41,000 of us from being replaced, enjoy our well bargained wages, benefits and pension and most of all our jobs

Thank you IUAW for protecting us and a well deserved YES VOTE

• Like 8

Only fools,idiots and/or company suck asses would believe any of this bullshit. Try again asshole! Fuck you and your manager!

post-22625-0-21073100-1318435502_thumb.jpg

Only fools,idiots and/or company suck asses would believe any of this bullshit. Try again asshole! Fuck you and your manager!

I would like to see the worst outcome happen to you No voters if you get your way and this deal gets turned down. I would be joining the millions of Americans that would love to see the looks on your faces on the picket line when you realize what a mistake you made but I would also suffer financialy because of you stubborn short sighted haters. THE RISKS ARE GREATER THAN THE REWARDS!

Edited by sez
  • Like 7

I would like to see the worst outcome happen to you No voters if you get your way and this deal gets turned down. I would be joining the millions of Americans that would love to see the looks on your faces on the picket line when you realize what a mistake you made but I would also suffer financialy because of you stubborn short sighted haters. THE RISKS ARE GREATER THAN THE REWARDS!

You may get your wish. But, the problem is all these NO voters will be trying to cross the picket line. They are hoping that negotiators will "go back to get more" without them having to put their asses on the line in a strike. They want to have their cake and it, too. I don't think that's going to happen. I think if votted down, Jimmy Settles, is going to have the NO voters put up or shut up.

• Like 6

You may get your wish. But, the problem is all these NO voters will be trying to cross the picket line. They are hoping that negotiators will "go back to get more" without them having to put their asses on the line in a strike. They want to have their cake and it, too. I don't think that's going to happen. I think if votted down, Jimmy Settles, is going to have the NO voters put up or shut up.

It wont just be the no voters pal, you will be out there too if you want your $200

• Like 1

I'm 2nd tier, I voted no..

wait a minute......... :stop: if you're 2nd tier you never had what we used to have in the first place. You didn't go through the pain of having to watch our brothers and sisters loose their jobs at other plants. You never had to think if your job was going to be next.

YOU WERE HIRED AFTER ALL THAT............

GROW UP. :baby: :baby: :baby::finger: :finger: :finger:

• Like 1

I used to think I would like to join a union because of the way I've been treated. But, after reading these threads--especially when I inform these guys of what is going on with management--it is incredible. Their ignorance and arrogance is phenomenal. You can't reason with them because they know everything--even when they don't know a thing. I am astounded by the unbelievable amount of ignorant and arrogant people on this site.

• Like 6

“The company is not obligated to continue bargaining because their position is that they negotiated in good faith and presented an agreement which is more than competitive,” the UAW Ford Department post said. “If we strike, they will use whatever resources necessary to continue operating their plants including the use of scab labor.”