2013 Lincoln MKZ Revealed

I've never bought a Lincoln with fake wood, I don't they do fake.

I didn't say it was fake. It's a package, or part of one. Hell my 71 Mark III and 96 Mark VIII had REAL wood. The 98 Mark VIII had real wood too, but it looked fake to me!

BTW the 1969 Mark III did have vinyl wood appliques.

It did (at least mine did).

I actually added more to mine to cover that hideous black center stack. But I think there was an option for metal instead of wood on the later models. The only real wood was on the shifter knob in the manual models. Wood. Leather. Adrenaline.

1st Gen ('00-'02) LSes have "wud" trim, but the 2nd Gens ('03-'06) have real American Walnut Burl trim. The finish they used to protect the veneer made it look fake to some people, but it is real wood.

Yep, I remember now. I also remember the fake plastic wood on my parent's 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII, but the first Lincoln I bought was a 2002 Lincoln LS.

1st Gen ('00-'02) LSes have "wud" trim, but the 2nd Gens ('03-'06) have real American Walnut Burl trim. The finish they used to protect the veneer made it look fake to some people, but it is real wood.

My '02 had plastic wood. I know for a fact since I had to remove some parts of it.

Yep, I remember now. I also remember the fake plastic wood on my parent's 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII, but the first Lincoln I bought was a 2002 Lincoln LS.

If I remember correctly, the 93-94 Mark VIII didn't have wood trim at all. The 95-96 had real wood (a very thin veneer) on the flat console/ash tray., the 97-98 Marks had rounded/molded wood trim on the center stack/shifter........real wood I've been told but on the contours it looked improbable.

If I remember correctly, the 93-94 Mark VIII didn't have wood trim at all. The 95-96 had real wood (a very thin veneer) on the flat console/ash tray., the 97-98 Marks had rounded/molded wood trim on the center stack/shifter........real wood I've been told but on the contours it looked improbable.

The 1993 didn't have wood, but in 1994, sometime around Job 2, it picked up wood trim on the center console.