2013 Lincoln MKZ Revealed

2013-Lincoln-MKZ-Sedan-01.jpeg

2013-Lincoln-MKZ-Sedan-2.jpeg

2013-Lincoln-MKZ-Sedan-3.jpeg

Ahead of its scheduled debut at the New York Auto Show, photos of the 2013 Lincoln MKZ sedan leaked onto the internet today.

Courtesy of Eastern European publication AutoForums.cz, we can now report that the upcoming MKZ has little changed from the concept car released at last January’s Detroit Auto Show.

The side-view mirrors got a little bigger, as did the headlights, though most of the styling stayed the same. An interior shot also reveals that much of the concept was accurate to the production model, with scant wood–stlye accents with mostly black and chrome trim throughout.

Smaller alloy wheels also seem to be a part of the production model, though the key feature we’re most curious about isn’t detailed in the shots.

That means we’ll still have to wait until April 4 to find out about the fully-retractable panoramic roof which has been confirmed for the sedan despite few specific details being available. We do know that it will feature 100 spf UV protection to keep occupants from getting sunburned, but we’re still not sure how much it will cost as what we’re assuming will be an option.

Check back during our live coverage for more details on the flagship vehicle of what will be a refreshed Lincoln lineup.

LINK - AutoGuide

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Very, very similar to the concept. Upon closer inspection though, I think I prefer the concept's grille. This is still a huuuuuge step ahead of any of the other recent grilles though. Glad the integrated tailpipes remain also.

The "winged" upper part of the grille appears to be identical. The headlights are bigger on the production version though.

I agree with you Deanh. it doesn't show off the lines of the car. I prefer the dark red of the concept.

OTOH, Silver is the show color for Mercedes-Benz, so maybe that's where they are going with it.

I expect more colors to be seen once things are officially released this evening.

Looks a bit like a softy, not sure I like how the fenders bury the wheels. But these photos look far too synthetic, I need to see some genuine shots.

It looks much more like the Fusion than even I expected, but I don't think you can confuse them. The overall aesthetic is very similar; soft and flowing with emphasis on the shoulder line and de-emphasis over the wheel fenders for a very tapered look instead of wide or aggressive.

Anybody else notice the GM-like ambient lighting effect in the interior trim? I was hoping Ford was going to copy that. And look how clean that center console looks without the stick stuck in the middle of it, it's a beautiful thing.

I'd definitely buy one, it hits all the right notes for me. Innovative, elegant, and original. Heck, it's very likely it's my next vehicle just because it's so much farther along the the other Lincoln's right now.

Edited by BORG

Three engines available with new MKZ: V6, 2.0 I4 EB, and hybrid. The vehicle looks much more expensive than present MKZ which I'm not a fan of. This new MKZ does look worth $35,000 while present one to me anyway doesn't look like it's worth that kind of money even optioned out. Ford did a good job on it. With 300hp V6, it should move pretty well also. Report out also that MKZ gets 8 speed auto.

Three engines available with new MKZ: V6, 2.0 I4 EB, and hybrid. The vehicle looks much more expensive than present MKZ which I'm not a fan of. This new MKZ does look worth $35,000 while present one to me anyway doesn't look like it's worth that kind of money even optioned out. Ford did a good job on it. With 300hp V6, it should move pretty well also. Report out also that MKZ gets 8 speed auto.

According to this report it is still a 6 speed. The 3.7 V6 is a nice engine though. That alone makes it a huge step up from the 4 cylinder only Fusion.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1074822_2013-lincoln-mkz-preview-2012-new-york-auto-show

Edited by 2005Explorer

Excellent! Kudos to Max and the gang. :happy feet:

I really like the clean panel surfaces on the side of the car above the door-sills — no 'excited' side sculpture. If the grille doesn't work out, a front clip re-design is no big deal.