2013 Lincoln MKZ Revealed

I like it, although the front left me a bit, 'wanting', but otherwise it's nicely executed. Interior looks great, although I myself like resting my hand on the gearshift lever, take that away and I'll have to grab my crotch I guess. The 3.7L is welcomed, but weren't we hearing some rumors of some nano V6 and such ? I do agree though, Silver is a horrible color to release this in. You have to "find" the bling bling chrome.

The pictures look good. I feel sorry for the MKS having to share showroom space with this beauty which outclasses it in both exterior and interior design. Of course this is a smaller car, but I bet the interior volume is closer then what it was with the old MKZ.

They also did a nice job making it look different then the Fusion. The only place you can see similarity is with the A-pillar, mirrors and a little in the glass and front 2/3 of the roof line, but other then that it looks very different. Good job for not having a huge budget to work with.

I like the Fusion's style better because it looks sportier and the Aston Martin front actually looks more premium to me, but the 3.7 V6 does give this car a much nicer engine option and a 60 HP step up in performance.

Edited by 2005Explorer

I do love the rear of this car more than the front, which is a rare statement about most cars! On the other hand, I kinda miss the Lincoln logo on the rear. I noticed there is some leather stitching on the dash, a step up for sure. That is the widest D PiLLAR in the automotive world, isn't it?

Edited by hbalek

I wish we would already get to the point where the center stack is just all one interface on a very large screen. I'm finding this, "half MLT" with touch sensitive A/C in the bottom to be at odds with each other, just make it all one cohesive screen and be done with it. I noticed the new SRX interior also have a very Lincolnized touch sensitive layout as well, same with the chrome strip, lower and bottom, totally ripped off from Lincoln.

Lincoln Details

Some details i read through....

"The front headlights turn in sync with the steering wheel, providing enhanced visibility."

"The new MKZ is the only sedan in its class to offer inflatable second-row outboard seat belts"

The V6 is only available with AWD as I read it...and the 2.0L is only FWD.

Lincoln Details

Some details i read through....

"The front headlights turn in sync with the steering wheel, providing enhanced visibility."

"The new MKZ is the only sedan in its class to offer inflatable second-row outboard seat belts"

The V6 is only available with AWD as I read it...and the 2.0L is only FWD.

I think the headlamps are all LED as well!

The V6 is offered in FWD as well, as they do list it in the MKZ call out sheet in the press kit.

I just haven't been able to warm to this car since the concept's debut. To me, the nose-job is awkward. Nothing about this car would have spoken "Lincoln" to me if I had first encountered it without badges or photo-captions. It just seems that Max compromised on doing a clean-sheet design in order to evoke nostalgia, and in doing so failed to achieve either a clean design or nostalgia.

I don't like the overshoot on the deck-lid or the bangle-bustle. The greenhouse is too short and the door-sills too tall. The "C" pillar also appears out of scale. The whole car looks more Chinese than American. I do like the interior, but I think there are enough other short-comings to prevent this from buoying sales. I hope it helps to save Lincoln, but I'm not too positive that it will.

Edited by TBirdStangSkyliner
  • Like 3

Lincoln is super serious this time around. Excerpt from Detroit News on new Lincoln:

Separately, Lincoln said it will provide "around-the-clock online concierge services" to prospective buyers starting in 2013.

Essentially, the service will make it easier for a customer to figure out what Lincoln best suits their needs before going to a dealership. "We think customers are going to love this," Farley said.

The automaker said it is working to improve how it works with customers, collaborating with a well-known organization of hotel concierges — Les Clefs d'Or — to create a better service experience.

Farley said the brand must add "personal and innovative customer service at every step."

Lincoln will train customer service reps dubbed "Lincoln Luxury Culture Ambassadors" starting this summer.

Lincoln is considering a "Lincoln date night" — where a prospective owner would get a test Lincoln for two days — and a dinner on Lincoln to help prod luxury owners to switch vehicles, Farley said.

Farley says Lincoln is considering honoring the "anniversary" of the day people buy Lincolns, perhaps by replacing the floor mats and wiper blades.

Lincoln is also considering embedding vehicles with a radio-frequency ID so dealers could personalize the service for owners. Dealers would know who an owner was before they got out of their vehicle.

Wow! Now that is service.