2013 Lincoln MKZ Revealed

Here's a tail shot of the 3.7 AWD version....

You're going to be able to hide whole villages in the blindspots of the VistaRoof equipped MKZs. Just know that this complaint is coming, and don't be surprised when Ray Wert uses it to predict the likely end of Lincoln and possibly also Ford Motor.

Do we have to wait until the 2014MY for the 'Nano' engines and the 8 speed automatic? I really like the interior with the trick storage bin near the floor. The centre console is fantastic but where is the adjustable settings for the suspension? I thought the switches were on the right hand side opposite of the push-button transmission control. That is also pretty cool BTW. Love the Dark Grey colour. I like this MKZ a lot!

Those headlights look like they are LED. Why is this not mentioned anywhere?

This car is just loaded with goodies. It's amazing how much farther this leaps ahead if the old MKZ which didn't even have push button start. I mean it even creams Lincoln's other flagships.

I had the 2007 Lincoln MKZ and never bought another because it was so grotesquely overpriced for what it was. This changes that big time.

Edited by BORG

I wish we would already get to the point where the center stack is just all one interface on a very large screen. I'm finding this, "half MLT" with touch sensitive A/C in the bottom to be at odds with each other, just make it all one cohesive screen and be done with it. I noticed the new SRX interior also have a very Lincolnized touch sensitive layout as well, same with the chrome strip, lower and bottom, totally ripped off from Lincoln.

You mean a la Tesla Model S?

tesla-model-s-interior-screen.jpeg

Here's a tail shot of the 3.7 AWD version....

Looks great.........except what's with the antenna on the left quarter panel....no!!!

Those headlights look like they are LED. Why is this not mentioned anywhere?

This car is just loaded with goodies. It's amazing how much farther this leaps ahead if the old MKZ which didn't even have push button start. I mean it even creams Lincoln's other flagships.

I had the 2007 Lincoln MKZ and never bought another because it was so grotesquely overpriced for what it was. This changes that big time.

I was wondering that as well about the headlights.

You mean a la Tesla Model S?

tesla-model-s-interior-screen.jpeg

Looks great.........except what's with the antenna on the left quarter panel....no!!!

Ah crap, the MKZ with the retractable roof has a mast antenna. Dagnabit! My MKX has the same, but in a less conspicuous location than the side of the car.

Edited by BORG

I'm confused by a few things: some shots show the black semi-circular area on the decklid with the fixed glass roof and sometimes on the retractable one. Some retractable roof pics have the antenna on the quarter panel and some do not. Also not sure how the lighting works: does the middle white strip change color from white to red for the back up light or is it just the middle part. They need to do a demo of the lighting features the way Audi does with press photos and videos.

19 High Res picsr:

http://www.netcarshow.com/lincoln/2013-mkz/800x600/wallpaper_01.htm

The last MKZ had FIVE Lincoln stars on it, this one has only ONE. Understated is right! Also no mention of Bridge of Weir leather this time around...

The LIVE shots from leftlanenews.com do not show any mast antenna on the retractable roof model! Now you see it, now you don't!

Does the red outline part of the rear light bar illuniate or just the thin white stip in the center? It looks like there are LED's all around the red outline area of the housing.

Edited by hbalek

I'm confused by a few things: some shots show the black semi-circular area on the decklid with the fixed glass roof and sometimes on the retractable one. Some retractable roof pics have the antenna on the quarter panel and some do not. Also not sure how the lighting works: does the middle white strip change color from white to red for the back up light or is it just the middle part. They need to do a demo of the lighting features the way Audi does with press photos and videos.

Best quality pics so far:

http://www.netcarshow.com/lincoln/2013-mkz/800x600/wallpaper_01.htm

The last MKZ had FIVE Lincoln stars on it, this one has only ONE. Understated is right! Also no mention of Bridge of Weir leather this time around...

The LIVE shots from leftlanenews.com do not show any mast antenna on the retractable roof model! Now you see it, now you don't!

Does the red outline part of the rear light bar illuniate or just the thin white stip in the center? It looks like there are LED's all around the red outline area of the housing.

Not sure what the story is with the antenna, but it sounds like they might be hiding it on the show car model. It makes sense that they need to have one somewhere on the car if they can't have it in a fixed position on the roof.

Also absent is any indication that the steering wheel is heated, it doesn't appear on the MyLincoln Touch screen as it does with other Lincoln's. Believe it or not, that would be a deal-breaker for me.

Edited by BORG

Not sure what the story is with the antenna, but it sounds like they might be hiding it on the show car model. It makes sense that they need to have one somewhere on the car if they can't have it in a fixed position on the roof.

Also absent is any indication that the steering wheel is heated, it doesn't appear on the MyLincoln Touch screen as it does with other Lincoln's. Believe it or not, that would be a deal-breaker for me.

My 2010 MKZ doesn't have any antenna except for the "shark fin" on the back of the roof. What is that black bubble thing on the decklid black area? So the fixed roof models get a larger decklid and trunk opening it seems!

Edited by hbalek

My 2010 MKZ doesn't have any antenna except for the "shark fin" on the back of the roof. What is that black bubble thing on the decklid black area? So the fixed roof models get a larger decklid and trunk opening it seems!

The wart is a satellite receiver.

The wart is a satellite receiver.

That's what I figured like the "sharkfin" on my MKZ but still don't get the need for mast antenna if the previous generation MKZ doesn't need one!

BTW this is my favorite, sexiest angle shot!

post-20193-0-05214800-1333430274_thumb.jpg

Edited by hbalek

So a larger V6 will fit in this engine bay. -Cough- Fusion Sport -Cough-. Just kidding. Great direction Lincoln, very impressed.

Your not kidding... haha... That would be awesome, but I don't think it is ever going to happen. You want performance then you will have to step up to the Lincoln. That 3.7 with 300 HP should make this car fast! Only thing better would be some 3.5 EB love. :)

Edited by 2005Explorer

Your not kidding... haha... That would be awesome, but I don't think it is ever going to happen. You want performance then you will have to step up to the Lincoln. That 3.7 with 300 HP should make this car fast! Only thing better would be some 3.5 EB love. :)

This car is going to rip into the pavement very nicely, if my considerably heavier MKX is any indication ;).

No kidding. It has to be quite a few pounds lighter so the performance should be outstanding.

I tend to describe my MKX as "Confident" rather than sporting, meaning I feel the car can comfortably outperform or keep up with just about anything on the road, and do so with no effort. That's the experience I want more than anything.

That's what I figured like the "sharkfin" on my MKZ but still don't get the need for mast antenna if the previous generation MKZ doesn't need one!

BTW this is my favorite, sexiest angle shot!

Lovely, thanks for the post.

Only so many words in the release. I'm pretty sure it would be standard as well as heated vented seats. If not, they should be.

I want to like...nay, love this car. But I'm really stuck on the nose--I just can't get past it. It really reminds me of a Grand Prix (even it doesn't REALLY look like it--it reminds me of it and that's what matters). The goodies are amazing and maybe over time and a view in person, it will grow on me. I will say this: It looks nothing like a Fusion. There can't be any legitimate whining over re-badging. The 300hp V6 is competitive in the market and it should FEEL like luxury.

Ultimately, it probably doesn't really matter since it will likely be beyond my budget when it's time for a new car and I'll be more in the market for an up-level Fusion.

• Like 1

I want to like...nay, love this car. But I'm really stuck on the nose

I love - LOVE - everything about this car but the nose. It's better than the bow-wave, but not up to the rest of the car IMO. I understand trying to fit in with the rest of the line-up, but I'd rather instead it stood out (more than it will now) and said "forget what you know, this is the new Lincoln" as a clean-sheet design.

I'm still very underwhelmed by the styling too. I don't think this car looks as much of the "angry insect" the MKS does, but still, it doesn't appear classy or elegant to me at all.

That being said, at least the design accomplishes the mission of separating itself from the Fusion. That should get rid of that argument altogether.

Now, the interior? World-class. If not best in segment, you can't even have the discussion now without including Lincoln and the MKZ.

• Like 1