2013 Viper unveiled

NickF1011

With a left over Previous generation Ferrari hood tacked on.

Never have been a Viper fan, although I'm glad Dodge makes it and cool that it's hand built in Detroit. I find it a bit too sinister looking as I'm sure the convertible version will look better. The top on that thing looks like it got melted in pictures. From certain angles save for the hood, the front to me reminds me of the Corvette. If I were looking for super powerful roadster at non Ferrari prices, it would have to be the Corvette hands down. The Viper to me is a Corvette wannabe. Stick with the original.

I think this Gen V Viper is stunning from almost any angle. Many of the Gen 2 styling cues throughout. Funny how its just the folks on GM and Ford boards dissing it.

All the other non biased brand X boards are in overwhelming agreement on its beauty. The interior alone is a thousand times better than a vette or the previous gen Vipers.

I know my Saleen will be up for sale. Can't wait to own this monster. I hope Ford will pull its head out of its ass and build a competitive sports car again..I have my doubts.

Hats off to team SRT. -PJ111

(1997 Viper picture attached to show similarities. )

post-32129-0-33020900-1333983418_thumb.jpg

post-32129-0-75218200-1333983887_thumb.jpg

Edited by PJ111

The interior alone is a thousand times better than a vette or the previous gen Vipers.

That's not saying a whole lot. The previous gen Viper and Corvette have both been pretty much universally panned for their shoddy interiors given their asking prices.

• Like 1

That's not saying a whole lot. The previous gen Viper and Corvette have both been pretty much universally panned for their shoddy interiors given their asking prices.

Agreed..But early opinions have it compared to Porsche level of refinement in the GTS model. That model will be in the 120,000.00 price point. So you better

have a decent interior. A 206 mph top end, 2.9 to 60 mph in launch mode. I don't know boys, if you ask me this baby is a home run! Time for Ford to get busy. And

Corvette..Forget about it! Lol.

Here is a different take on the new SRT Viper. A little photo shop to change color and add a body color grille look.

Oh, I certainly won't fault it for its performance. The Viper has always done well in that regard. I just think it's kind of over the top, which I guess is what the Viper is supposed to be.

I wouldn't say this immediately vanquishes the Corvette though. The ZR-1 looks as if it would still compete very well head-to-head.

• Like 1

Oh, I certainly won't fault it for its performance. The Viper has always done well in that regard. I just think it's kind of over the top, which I guess is what the Viper is supposed to be.

I wouldn't say this immediately vanquishes the Corvette though. The ZR-1 looks as if it would still compete very well head-to-head.

Yes, the ZR-1 should give it a run..I'm going with the Viper, It's a little lighter at 3,297lbs GTS (TRACK PAK)., 3,143lbs. SRT model., couple more horsepower..But torque and HP appear to be a wash..More rubber on the road now. 295's/355's on Viper vs. 285's/335's on Vette. Here's the stat sheet for both.

vette:

Base Price $110,300

Drivetrain Rear Wheel Drive

Curb Weight (lbs) 3353

City (MPG) 14

Hwy (MPG) 21

Horsepower 638@6500

Torque (lb-ft) 604@3800

Wheelbase 105.7

Length (in.) 176.2

Width (in.) 75.9

Height (in.) 48.7

Viper:

SPECIFICATIONS: 2013 SRT Viper

Curb weight est 3300 lb. GTS model (3,297lb. track pak).. SRT stripped down model 3,143 lbs.

Weight dist w/ driver 49/51

Height 49.1 in.

Width 76.4 in.

Length 175.7 in.

Wheelbase 98.8 in.

Track f/r 62.9 in./61.0 in.

Seats 2

Trunk space 14.7 cu. ft.

Body/frame composite/steel

Suspension f/r upper & lower A-arms, coil spring, (elec. adj. on GTS) tube shocks, anti-roll bar

Wheels Forged aluminum; 18 x 10.5 f, 19 x 13 r

Tires Pirelli P Zero; 295/30ZR-18 f, 355/30ZR-19 r

Brakes 14.0-in. vented rotors w/4-piston Brembo calipers

Engine 8.4-liter ohv V-10

Transmission 6-speed manual

Horsepower 640 bhp @ 6150 rpm

Torque 600 lb-ft @ 4950 rpm

Top speed est 206 mph

Edited by PJ111

• 2 weeks later...

Ferrari (FIAT) DNA is apparent.

I mostly see Gen II GTS fused with Gen 4 styling evolved in a contemporary way. I guess we all will view it in our own way. Either way, a very sexy coupe indeed! Wish Ford

would build us a GR-1 or something to compete. And no Mustang will compete, nor should it!

• 2 weeks later...