2013 Ford Fusion Order Guide

BORG

I got my hands on the order guide for the 2013 Fusion today which reveals lots of interesting tidbits. I've decided not to post it because the document is listed as "Confidential". I'm happy to answer questions however. Keep in mind this is a "Final Draft" and was last updated in March. Changes are likely.

Some things to note.

The 2.5L is standard on S AND SE. The 1.6L and 2.0L EB are optional on SE.

There are only S, SE, and Titanium trim levels. No SEL? The Hybrid model is an SE only configuration.

There are 16", 17", 18", and 19" wheel options (geez!) The 16" wheels are standard on S and are indeed steel.

The 1.6L is available with a 6-speed manual, no manual for the 2.0L (but paddle shifters are standard). 2.5L retains select-shift.

There is an SE Appearance, Luxury, Technology, and Luxury Driver Assist Packages. The SE Appearance package adds 18" wheels with black painted pockets, rear decklid spoiler, and red interior stitching. The 18" wheels are 'late availability', so one can assume the entire package will be late.

Edited by BORG
  • Like 3

What options are available on a 1.6L Titanium auto? Anything major that's restricted to the Titanium and not available on a loaded SE?

The 2.0L EB is standard on the Titanium model. AWD is optional, not available on the 1.6EB.

It's actually hard to juggle the difference between what's available in SE packages and standard on Titanium.

Standard Titanium features not available on the other models...

18" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Aluminium Scuff Plates

Aluminum Sport Pedals

Dual Integrated Bright Exhaust

Lots of leather wrapped stuff

10-Way power driver seat

Sport Suspension

Intelligent Access with Push Button Start

Optional Titanium features not available on SE

19" Y or H spoke wheels

Adaptive Cruise with Collision Mitigation by braking and warning

Edited by BORG

I got my hands on the order guide for the 2013 Fusion today which reveals lots of interesting tidbits. I've decided not to post it because the document is listed as "Confidential". I'm happy to answer questions however.

come on you can share, we won't tell anyone.

Edited by Biker16

Rats. Is push button start and MFT available on a loaded SE w/1.6L?

MFT is included with the Technology Package (along with a rear view camera, dual zone auto climate). But Intelligent Access with Push Button Start appears on Titanium trim (standard). No mention of remote start oddly.

Edited by BORG

MFT is included with the Technology Package (along with a rear view camera, dual zone auto climate). But Intelligent Access with Push Button Start appears on Titanium trim (standard). No mention of remote start oddly.

No SEL has to be a misprint.

No SEL has to be a misprint.

In the final draft of the official order guide? Doubt it.

One fewer trim level, simplified ordering procedures, no impact to customer. You can load up an SE with several packages.

Honestly, I'm surprised they kept "S". That's the badge I would have dropped, using SE as a nice starting model, SEL as midrange, and Titanium as the full-tilt luxury featured model.

In the final draft of the official order guide? Doubt it.

One fewer trim level, simplified ordering procedures, no impact to customer. You can load up an SE with several packages.

Honestly, I'm surprised they kept "S". That's the badge I would have dropped, using SE as a nice starting model, SEL as midrange, and Titanium as the full-tilt luxury featured model.

If they were going to do that then I would have expected to see it on the 2013 Escape also, but it still has all 4 trim levels. Plus the fact that you can't get the push button start on a loaded SE model - that should have been available on a SEL model if it exists. That's also the case on the Escape.

I want a 1.6L loaded except for park assist, etc. Titanium would be fine with a 1.6L if they're not going to offer the SEL. Or offfer all the packages on the SE.

...I've decided not to post it because the document is listed as "Confidential". I'm happy to answer questions however...

COLORS please, BORG!!

I know the grid is too complex so just left column: Paint

& however you can easily phrase the top row: interiors

I'm really curious to see how the Z will differ

Thanks for the information BORG! Is initial order acceptance still scheduled for the week of May 14, 2012?

Well I'm not BORG (though I'd love to have his MKX...)

As of 2 days ago, Initial order acceptance was still set for 05/14/12, scheduling begins 06/14/12, and production start-up 08/13/12.

Well I'm not BORG (though I'd love to have his MKX...)

As of 2 days ago, Initial order acceptance was still set for 05/14/12, scheduling begins 06/14/12, and production start-up 08/13/12.

Yep, that is the information I have. The document I have probably isn't that sensitive, but I don't want to post anything still classified.

The order guide lacks the production distribution and images of the wheel options. As for the missing SEL, the SE is packing all the tech we've heard about except for the featutres I mention on Titanium. It seems a little odd however because there is such a massive option list with the SE because of this, lots of packages.

Edited by BORG

COLORS please, BORG!!

Exterior colors for both the Fusion and MKZ are on the ford websites.

I don't know, room is getting dark, my grandma is standing in front of a bright light at the end of a long tunnel, Sparky, is that you, come here boy.......... cyanide seem to be worki

Edit: Nope, didn't take. It must have just been one of those flashbacks they warned us about in High School.

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

I got my hands on the order guide for the 2013 Fusion today which reveals lots of interesting tidbits. I've decided not to post it because the document is listed as "Confidential". I'm happy to answer questions however. Keep in mind this is a "Final Draft" and was last updated in March. Changes are likely.

Some things to note.

The 2.5L is standard on S AND SE. The 1.6L and 2.0L EB are optional on SE.

There are only S, SE, and Titanium trim levels. No SEL? The Hybrid model is an SE only configuration.

There are 16", 17", 18", and 19" wheel options (geez!) The 16" wheels are standard on S and are indeed steel.

The 1.6L is available with a 6-speed manual, no manual for the 2.0L (but paddle shifters are standard). 2.5L retains select-shift.

There is an SE Appearance, Luxury, Technology, and Luxury Driver Assist Packages. The SE Appearance package adds 18" wheels with black painted pockets, rear decklid spoiler, and red interior stitching. The 18" wheels are 'late availability', so one can assume the entire package will be late.

Ford deserves credit for offering a manual transmission in the new Fusion. Just read that the 2013 Hyundai Sonata will drop this feature. What options will be available with the SE manual (besides of course, the 1.6L engine)? Thank you in advance.

COLORS please, BORG!!

Well the exterior colors are all listed on the 2013 Fusion site....same for the new MKZ, and most colors are shared between them. I am curious about both car's interior color options though!