standard deposit for ordering a new car?

boppergee

I think it depends on the individual dealership, my dealership had me put down $1000, some only require $500, some less and maybe there's some out there that don't require anything down. I don't have a problem with $1000 and with my trade and another $1000 out of pocket, it will bring my loan amount to $28000, which will make it only slightly more than my Focus payment. I've been waiting since Feb. 23rd, but now that production has started, you should expect to wait 6 to 12 weeks depending on dealer allocation and priority status. Try to negotiate a deal with a higher volume dealer and you'll probably get it sooner.

Hey transit man... your escape on order is the same exact one I'm about to pull the trigger on.Kool. Another question I have is... when you take ownership of the car, your entitled to ford incentives (if any) that are available at that time NOT when ordered, correct?

Hey transit man... your escape on order is the same exact one I'm about to pull the trigger on.Kool. Another question I have is... when you take ownership of the car, your entitled to ford incentives (if any) that are available at that time NOT when ordered, correct?

That's correct. Currently there's a $500 rebate or special financing. I'll take the cash, I can get a better rate at my Credit Union than the "reduced" rate through Ford Credit.

Hi guys,I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2013 escape titanium.What is the standard deposit to order the car from the factory and what is the realistic wait time? Thanx.

As transitman said, it depends on the dealer. Mine doesn't require a deposit, but I've ordered a couple new vehicles from them. I think most others around here ask for $500. It's refundable, BTW, so I'm really not sure what the point of putting the deposit down is.

when you take ownership of the car, your entitled to ford incentives (if any) that are available at that time NOT when ordered, correct?

That is correct!

Depends on the dealer and what you're ordering. If it's something they would normally order for stock anyway, they may not require any deposit. Mine is usually $500.

As for incentives, there are new plans that allow you to lock in incentives at time of order and take the lower of what was in place at order time versus delivery time. It used to only be available to certain dealers but I think that's been widened to most dealers now. It's all or nothing though - you can't take the rebate at order time and the finance rate at delivery time. Ask the dealer about it.

As for incentives, there are new plans that allow you to lock in incentives at time of order and take the lower of what was in place at order time versus delivery time. It used to only be available to certain dealers but I think that's been widened to most dealers now. It's all or nothing though - you can't take the rebate at order time and the finance rate at delivery time. Ask the dealer about it.

Interesting...didn't know that.

Interesting...didn't know that.

It's always been that way in Canada but in the U.S. I think it was limited to "Select" dealers initially but expanded a year or two ago to more dealers. I think initially it was done to give smaller dealers a leg up on larger dealers but I'm not 100% sure.

Found it:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2011-mustang-talk/126755d1302199349-any-rumors-about-ford-rebates-discounts-after-today-13208ippenrollmentguidesv13.pdf

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

My dealer required $100 down the first time I ordered a car but doesn't anymore. I guess it pays to be a long time repeat customer.

Also depends on what you're ordering. If it's something they would normally stock then they typically don't care.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No deposit for me. First time Ford buyer. Ordered 08/11, built 09/04 (today!!). Ted Britt Ford is a high volume dealer and maybe that has something to do with. High volume dealers usually get more allocations and they know the cars will sell even if you never show up to pick it up.

Edited by Escapism