"What Exactly Is Your Problem"

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most of you who are against this weren't active here when P_71 was spewing his hate all over here, followed by the subsequent bans and resurfacing under new screennames. He's an anti-Ford troll who does nothing but prowl auto news and forum sites to bash Ford. All his anger goes back to an intake manifold on his 2nd hand, auction-special CVPI.

I was here, been a member for a long time. I was here before Richard started posting. I come here for Ford news not to bash posters who have been banned. If the moderators think he should be banned , just ban him. These kinds of theads don't accomplish anything.

G

• Like 2

I was here, been a member for a long time. I was here before Richard started posting. I come here for Ford news not to bash posters who have been banned. If the moderators think he should be banned , just ban him. These kinds of theads don't accomplish anything.

G

+1. Move this to a different part of the forum if it needs to be posted. It has nothing to do with Ford Motor Company and I could care less about reading about drama between people I don't know. I'm here for the cars! :peelout:

• Like 1

- Nobody goes to the 'admin' forum

- This was the forum and these are the forum members most often antagonized by P, back in the day. This is also the forum where he, in his most recent alias, did most of his posting. Seemed appropriate, although I can certainly understand your perspective/annoyance.

Edited by RichardJensen

You should lock this lock this thread again. A private mesasge should remain private. Second, why is this in the Ford Motor Company Forum. Third, moderators should be above this type of behaviour.

I tend to agree with Richard on this thread as some things need to be brought out in attempts to keep forums civil. On so many forums people get sarcastic and consider themselves tough bullies pathetically behind a mask. A private message is not really private imo when the public generally has no clue as to the identity of the posters. Can question the method of this thread however the intent is probably an unfortunate necessity.

These kinds of theads don't accomplish anything.

You're entitled to your short-sighted opinion. Mine is that it is good, even essential for the spirit of community, that egregious behavior be pointed out, so that we all understand the limits of civilized discussion. Capisce?

To that end, these threads accomplish a lot. :)

• Like 1

+1. Move this to a different part of the forum if it needs to be posted. It has nothing to do with Ford Motor Company and I could care less about reading about drama between people I don't know. I'm here for the cars! :peelout:

So, why did you bother to read it, if you're "I'm here for the cars!"? :)

I do not think this should have been made public. What is the point of the function of "PM" if it's not respected?

It does not matter who sent the message. It does not matter what the background of the poster is. The posting of the message served one purpose and one purpose only.

Edited by MarkFive

So, why did you bother to read it, if you're "I'm here for the cars!"? :)

It's like what Eva Marie Saint said in the movie Grand Prix: There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others... the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves.

Edited by transitman

hes definitely an interesting individual, and it didnt take me long to figure out, at least in Autoblog, he now gos by TrueVoice, his hatred of Ford in perticular is STRONG to say the least. Weve had our fair share of backwards and forwards, that said he DID shre he was here ( BON ) on the down low, I figured it wouldnt be long before he was discovered and reverted to his old ways....

What name was P going under this time?

I have a guess, mostly because his posts were almost always anti-Ford, and he "liked" any every post that was anti-Ford. I wasn't here for the P_71 stuff, but if it's the user I think it is, good riddance.

Edited by SoonerLS

Funny how people get bent out of shape, its all on how much focus you put on the issue. Someones being an ass to you, just block them, I know I have...and only way to really see what they said (if it's about you, or answering, or provoking your opinion) is if someone elses responds and "quotes" they counterpoint, hell sometimes I post and don't even come back to that topic cause I'm done, or if I do, I find out that others have commented either way and its like 'eh why bother'. Some people can make it a bad experience for all, and some feel the need to answer everyone and anyone on whatever the point is. I've been on here since 1999 and I've seen the waves of how some people come and go and some of the characters that you just dont want to engage with.

What is the point of the function of "PM" if it's not respected?

Like I said. If you send me a letter calling me an idiot, and I tell people you called me an idiot, in what way am I violating your privacy?

If he had sent me a PM complaining about another member, complaining about the site generally, sharing his private wishes for this thing or that thing, I would have respected it. Had he simply been asking for an X-Plan PIN, I would've respected that.

But to sent me a PM for the sole purpose of venting his spleen at me? Sorry. I'll make that public ten times out of ten.

You're entitled to your short-sighted opinion. Mine is that it is good, even essential for the spirit of community, that egregious behavior be pointed out, so that we all understand the limits of civilized discussion. Capisce?

To that end, these threads accomplish a lot. :)

Then just quote the rules. No need to deride anyone. Try to rise above name calling and "calling people out". I was taught to behave decently to other people, whether they deserve it or not. Lets try elevate the spirit of the community instead of dragging it down. Ridiculing people is what I would call below the limits of civilized discussion.

Like I said. If you send me a letter calling me an idiot, and I tell people you called me an idiot, in what way am I violating your privacy?

If he had sent me a PM complaining about another member, complaining about the site generally, sharing his private wishes for this thing or that thing, I would have respected it. Had he simply been asking for an X-Plan PIN, I would've respected that.

But to sent me a PM for the sole purpose of venting his spleen at me? Sorry. I'll make that public ten times out of ten.

With great power comes great responsibility. ;)

Ah yes, the awesome power of administering a small corner of one of about half a dozen forums devoted to Ford Motor Company!

When I am eventually appointed dictator for life of the entire world, I will point to my gig as moderator here as providing vital life lessons in how to be just enough of a jerk to keep the peace.

By the way, you may want to start telling me how awesome you think I am, in light of my future career prospects...... A guy like me needs plenty of yes-men to get anything accomplished....

Seriously, though. I do my best to act with a light touch around here, but do not succeed 100% of the time.

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 2

Then you might relable the option to "M = Message." In addition, perhaps you could post another disclaimer that anything posted to an admin could be disclosed.

You comment about posting the issue about another member is interesting. Is it to be assumed that Admins are above general rules?

• Like 1

Then you might relable the option to "M = Message." In addition, perhaps you could post another disclaimer that anything posted to an admin could be disclosed.

You comment about posting the issue about another member is interesting. Is it to be assumed that Admins are above general rules?

"I think you're a big jerk. Please don't tell anyone I said this."

I ask you: How dumb does that sound?

Also, general rules are just that: 'general'. They are guidelines. If a member of this forum wants to complain about another member, that's fine. We'll look into it and respect your privacy.

"I think you're a big jerk. Please don't tell anyone I said this."

I ask you: How dumb does that sound?

Also, general rules are just that: 'general'. They are guidelines. If a member of this forum wants to complain about another member, that's fine. We'll look into it and respect your privacy.

"How dumb does that sound?" - it does sound dumb.

But........can't you just laugh it off? I mean, if it sounds dumb to you, then that's all that matters. What does posting it provide? A number of responses to back up your viewpoint that it sounds dumb?

"We'll look into it and respect your privacy." - Unless it's an admin.

Edited by MarkFive
  • Like 1

can't you just laugh it off?

Typically? Yes.

In this instance? I opted to post it.

Initially thought it was a decent 'teaching moment', you are likely to get banned or suspended here if your attitude is, basically, 'look what you made me do'.

People who continue to participate in disagreements and arguments need to acknowledge the role they play in the continuation of the disagreement. If someone shouts at you, and you shout back, you're partially responsible for the argument that ensues. You can't say, "he started it. It's all his fault."

Once the second response came in and the guy 'unmasked' himself, I figured he was fair game.

Edited by RichardJensen

hes definitely an interesting individual, and it didnt take me long to figure out, at least in Autoblog, he now gos by TrueVoice

He's "That Guy" on Autoblog now. "True Voice" got banned too. :P But I think he still has that handle on LLN, which I almost never read anymore.

I'm still trying to figure out who he was here... did his name reference the performance arm of our favorite motor company in an Oceanic region? (blink once for yes, twice for no)

Typically? Yes.

In thisMan instance? I opted to post it.

Initially thought it was a decent 'teaching moment', you are likely to get banned or suspended here if your attitude is, basically, 'look what you made me do'.

People who continue to participate in disagreements and arguments need to acknowledge the role they play in the continuation of the disagreement. If someone shouts at you, and you shout back, you're partially responsible for the argument that ensues. You can't say, "he started it. It's all his fault."

Once the second response came in and the guy 'unmasked' himself, I figured he was fair game.

Your counter-arguments to people who post on the "public" side of this forum are quite good. You bring up a lot of excellent arguments.

If people "publicly" get out of line, you response is almost always in a mature manner. Nick behaves in the same manner.

However, you chose to take a PM and make it public and IMO, this wasn't done for a "Teaching Moment."

I would say that the vast majority of members who come here to read the posts or who actually post are adults - when one looks at some of the topics discussed, there is quite a lot of interesting information to be had.

You are what you drive, I guess.....

Seriously though Richard you should get a new ride. Today's Ford vehicles are so much nicer in every way compared to your Sable. I mean it's served you well, but it is 12 years old and just think how much happier you would be using all the cool new technology. I know I have made a comment or two about your Sable, but that's only because I honestly think you would be a lot happier with some of the great new stuff that Ford is building today. Life is too short to drive the Sable to your own funeral. Curious... if you were to buy a new vehicle which one do you like the best right now? I know your looking and thinking even though you never say anything.