What will Ford of Europe's Big Announcement be?

I've been wondering what FOE's big product announcements will be on September 6th. Here are my thoughts of what this press conference could tell us. I'll start with the least interesting news and move more or less towards the bigger possible announcements.

-official launch timeline of Mondeo

-new powertrains available for non-refreshed vehicles

-official news that the Mustang is coming to Europe

-reveal of the updated Fiesta ( 2014 model year for NA )

-reveal of an unheard of Mondeo-Fusion ST/SVT

-reveal of an unheard of B-segment CUV/MPV to pair up with the B-Max ( or possible launch of EcoSport in Europe )

-reveal of the next-gen KA ( rename Start ? )

-reveal of next-gen S-Max

-reveal of next-gen Galaxy

Ford seems to be saying that this announcement will be a big deal so I am inclined to hope that at least some of the more exciting possabilities are on hand. It would make sense that the KA, S-Max, and Galaxy would be revealed in the next year-year and a half because those are now the oldest vehicles sold in FOE's line-up, as well as world-wide. What do you guys ( and gals ) think?

Edited by ds91776

Besides the Mondeo specs info,& Fiesta update and powertrain stuff, I think there will be a Focus convertible soft top announcement, new Kuga specs, EcoSport EU spec, & a 2nd variant of the

new Kuga ala Land Rover Evoque coupe style announced. EcoBoost , SYNC & MyFord Touch should get a far bit of space as well.

Edited by MKII

Well Mustang to Europe is pretty earth shattering....and I've seen reports on a 1.0L Ecoboost of the Mondeo...

5th Gear: Ford Not-Fusion Mondeo Gets 1.0-Liter Three-Cylinder EcoBoost

Ford's all excited that the Mondeo (what we call a Ford Fusion) is getting the brand's 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine three-cylinder. Yes, you heard that right, a three-cylinder engine (threebanger?) in a mid-size car. Welcome to the future. To show off the new engine the brand popped it into a Formula Ford to set a 7:22 lap at the Nürburgring, which they say is the 11th fastest all-time lap... if you don't count race cars. Which this is.

http://jalopnik.com/...n=recirculation

Edited by silvrsvt

Looks like I was right: updated Fiesta, New Transit Connect, New Transit revealed along with announcements that the Mustang and EcoSport would be launching in Europe. Also...it looks like the next gen Edge will be sold there as well. That announcement makes it seem like it will be a 2014 MY after all.

I'd love for the EcoSport to come here ( I think Ford needs a CUV/MPV to slott below the Escape ) but several things need to be done in my opinion before that happens.

1. Replace the world center console with a North American style console with integrated armrest and cupholders like what they did with the 2014 Fiesta.

2. It can't have the spare tire hanging off the back.

3. It needs to come with either the Focus' 2.0 I4 or the 1.6I4 EcoBoost as its engine.

4. It must go through a name change. I think EcoSport sounds incredibly cheap and tacky. I know if has been very successful in South America and bravo to Ford of Brazil. But I think in order for it to be taken seriously in North America it needs a new name..."Faction" pehaps?