My New Ruby Red 2013 Fusion Titanium!

cppawlow

Here are some pictures of my car, below is a link to the Flickr slideshow. Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular!

Here's a slideshow, I have too many pictures to share:

http://www.flickr.co...ith/8173352664/

I noticed that Ford added the rear seat belt clip to keep it out of the way when folding the seat backs. Simple but smart idea.

Also when you fold the rear 60/40 seat backs down, do the rear head restraints need to be adjusted?

ANd another question, do the rear head restraints fold down with a button release for better vision out the rear window?

I noticed that Ford added the rear seat belt clip to keep it out of the way when folding the seat backs. Simple but smart idea.

Also when you fold the rear 60/40 seat backs down, do the rear head restraints need to be adjusted?

ANd another question, do the rear head restraints fold down with a button release for better vision out the rear window?

The headrests are designed different from the Escape/Focus, they bend back so they don't obstruct my view at all. Also I don't need to adjust them to fold the seats down

• Like 1

It might not be that easy after all as I've though it out and there might not be wiring in the side parts of the back end for the lights in the non-titanium models.

Hmm maybe. But I would think it would cost more in mass production to NOT run the wiring there (as dumb as that sounds).

Hmm maybe. But I would think it would cost more in mass production to NOT run the wiring there (as dumb as that sounds).

That used to be the prevailing opinion - it's cheaper to do one thing even if it's more material. But that's no longer the case and most wiring harnesses only have the required leads and nothing extra.

• Like 1

That used to be the prevailing opinion - it's cheaper to do one thing even if it's more material. But that's no longer the case and most wiring harnesses only have the required leads and nothing extra.

It might just require the swapping of the wiring harness. When I bought new tail lights for my old '99 Grand Am it came with a new wiring harness that plugged into the socket where the old one went. I think this would make the most sense design wise, just have a different harness that you have to swap out

It might just require the swapping of the wiring harness. When I bought new tail lights for my old '99 Grand Am it came with a new wiring harness that plugged into the socket where the old one went. I think this would make the most sense design wise, just have a different harness that you have to swap out

If it's just the wiring harness then that should work, but those aren't usually cheap. But in some cases there are other missing parts or interfaces. It's usually more trouble than it's worth but if you have the schematics it may be possible.

If it's just the wiring harness then that should work, but those aren't usually cheap. But in some cases there are other missing parts or interfaces. It's usually more trouble than it's worth but if you have the schematics it may be possible.

So parts all said and done would be a thousand bucks probably...

That red sure looks nice - congratulations! I'm starting to think Ruby Red is my favorite color on the Fusion.

Some are not going to believe this and I wish I had my phone camera ready before the guy pulled away.... yesterday I was at the county landfill with my pickup to drop off a load of brush from clearing stuff out of the yard. My wife and I get to the landfill to the area where you backup and unload the brush, we back into position and next to us is a 2013 Ruby Red Fusion, and I told my wife "hey there's a Red Fusion like the one on the way for me"... however I will NOT be using it to put brush into the trunk of my 2013 Fusion and haul to the landfill like this guy did! I just couldn't believe it.

• Like 1

That's funny, I was just thinking I need to do a dump run, and a trip to the brush site to rid of all the garden crap before the snow, need to get that done before I get rid of the Explorer, otherwise all I have is the Fusion for this kind of work, and I'll be damned if there's going to be a bag of leaves or brush stuffed in the back seat or trunk! I'd rent a pickup for the day before I'd let that happen.

Gotta get on that, as apparently I have about two weeks left.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there! Congrats on the nice car!

Not sure if you're still following up with responses to your original post, but I had a question for you. I am ordering my titanium hybrid within the next week or so and I am torn on the color. I originally was going to get the tri-white but after seeing the ruby red in person I fell in love with it too. And I test drove a black one last weekend that was very sharp as well. So those are the three choices I am confronted with. Did you go through a similar dilemma with color choice or did you just decide on the ruby red and go for it?

Thanks!

Edited by moviefan

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from ordering my titanium hybrid (6 - 10 week wait for delivery ... grrr ...) After dithering about the color for a quite a long while and running an informal poll among friends, I ended up with the Sterling Gray. The consensus of opinion was that the titanium hybrid in gray is what James Bond would drive if he drove a hybrid :-)

My other preference was the Oxford White. I really liked the pure stark simplicity of the Fusion in bright white. But it seemed like an unforgiving color as far as road grime, salt, snow, and dirt are concerned.

Edited by BadHorseChorus

I just came back from ordering my titanium hybrid (6 - 10 week wait for delivery ... grrr ...) After dithering about the color for a quite a long while and running an informal poll among friends, I ended up with the Sterling Gray. The consensus of opinion was that the titanium hybrid in gray is what James Bond would drive if he drove a hybrid :-)

My other preference was the Oxford White. I really liked the pure stark simplicity of the Fusion in bright white. But it seemed like an unforgiving color as far as road grime, salt, snow, and dirt are concerned.

We think alike! I wanted a nice white with black roof but the sterling gray is what I ended up ordering.....it's been a month though and I'm getting ancy - this car needs to get here asap

Actually, I called the dealer back this evening and changed my order to the Oxford White. I realized that I'd been drawn to the stark beauty of the bright white since I first saw the car, and everything else was just me trying to convince myself to be content with a different color for practical reasons. Enough of that. If I have to work harder to keep the car clean, so be it. But I'm getting the car that I want, in the color that I want. Unlike most people, I prefer the oxford white to the white platinum. It seems brighter and sharper to me, where the white platinum seems a bit too muted to really show off the car's lines.

I ordered mine with the driver assist package and adaptive cruise control. Both seem like good safety enhancements for long road trips. Self-parking seemed like overkill. No moon roof, alas, because I'm just tall enough that the moon roof drops the head liner enough that it rides right on top of my head in my preferred driving position. Two more inches of room would have been nice.

We think alike! I wanted a nice white with black roof but the sterling gray is what I ended up ordering.....it's been a month though and I'm getting ancy - this car needs to get here asap

Did you order the titanium hybrid? As far as I'm aware, those don't even start rolling off the assembly line until early January. The paperwork I saw from my dealer said they were part of the "job #2" manufacturing run, which starts January 7, 2013.

Dealers around here can't keep the SE hybrids in stock. It took me three weeks to find one to test drive, because every time any of the local dealers (3 of them within 15 miles) got a couple in stock they sold within 48 hours. The dealer who got my business was the one who made sure not to sell one of the cars until I got to test drive it.

Yea, if I switch my order, i may ask if they can put the appearance package rims (they are available as an accessory) into my deal (at a lower cost since i am buying the car from them) and just switch the tires onto the new rims before delivery.

If you're able to get different rims on the Hybrid Titanium, please let us know. I really like the 5 spoke charcoal rims, but would settle for just about anything other than the one's that come stock. In my opinion, they're the least attractive of the bunch, except for the base S model rims.

If you're able to get different rims on the Hybrid Titanium, please let us know. I really like the 5 spoke charcoal rims, but would settle for just about anything other than the one's that come stock. In my opinion, they're the least attractive of the bunch, except for the base S model rims.

That's completely up to the dealer. Ford does not offer any options.

• Like 1