Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

According to my dealer, my car was built 11/7/12. According to ETIS (yes, it's a transit connect), it was built on 6/11/2012. Which, as I type this, I'm realizing it's probably using the non-US form of dating, which would be November 6th.

Yes that website has info on Ford vehicles from many countries, so your car was actually built on the 6th of November. I was looking up different VINs on that site and clicked the dropdown for recent VINs, there were a lot that appeared to be from Australia... among many other places I suppose.

I ordered my FFH SE on may 17, got my vin at end sept, saw my sticker appear online early oct with an apparent build week of 10/08. Dealer gave an eta of mid nov. now with the QA hold I've been told, not arriving anytime soon and was offered to reorder with an expedite status. So I'm sending the loan check back and doing the reorder. This wait is really hard and I'm exhausting myself. Time to quit caring, and just be happy if I see a new car before the end of the year.

I ordered my FFH SE on may 17, got my vin at end sept, saw my sticker appear online early oct with an apparent build week of 10/08. Dealer gave an eta of mid nov. now with the QA hold I've been told, not arriving anytime soon and was offered to reorder with an expedite status. So I'm sending the loan check back and doing the reorder. This wait is really hard and I'm exhausting myself. Time to quit caring, and just be happy if I see a new car before the end of the year.

Does your shipment status list it as "awaiting shipment?" Or does it have a different listing, something like, "awaiting QA?"

Hi all.

New member here.

I ordered my Ingot Silver Titanium FWD at the end of July - figured on (and the dealer seemed to agree) that end of October might be a reasonable expectation for getting it.

HA!

ETIS shows that it was built 17-October (!) - and is part of the dreaded "12T08 - OR TO SALE" action items group.

Today I got an email from the rep @ the dealer (known the guy for years - so I know he isn't getting a lot of straight info) apologizing for the delay, talking about the 'hold', not knowing what the reason was, and wondering if we (the email was sent to several who had placed orders) wanted to do a replacement order, find a similar vehicle, etc.

I got my hands on a spreadsheet with every market in the US (sorry Canadian folks) with a vehicle in the hold group.

There are 322. (I suspect that this is the 'special order' or 'order for customer' set - there are no doubt thousands in the 'for stock' build set).

Perusing ETIS randomly, here are some things I noticed:

- they're all 2.0L - either hybrid or EcoBoost

- the earliest build date I've seen is 13-October

- the latest build date I've seen is 31-October

- a lot of White Platinum

Again - I'm new to the forum here - so I apologize in advance if I've stepped over the line or anything.

Edited by dbmaven

Hi all.

New member here.

I ordered my Ingot Silver Titanium FWD at the end of July - figured on (and the dealer seemed to agree) that end of October might be a reasonable expectation for getting it.

HA!

ETIS shows that it was built 17-October (!) - and is part of the dreaded "12T08 - OR TO SALE" action items group.

Today I got an email from the rep @ the dealer (known the guy for years - so I know he isn't getting a lot of straight info) apologizing for the delay, talking about the 'hold', not knowing what the reason was, and wondering if we (the email was sent to several who had placed orders) wanted to do a replacement order, find a similar vehicle, etc.

I got my hands on a spreadsheet with every market in the US (sorry Canadian folks) with a vehicle in the hold group.

There are 322. (I suspect that this is the 'special order' or 'order for customer' set - there are no doubt thousands in the 'for stock' build set).

Perusing ETIS randomly, here are some things I noticed:

- they're all 2.0L - either hybrid or EcoBoost

- the earliest build date I've seen is 13-October

- the latest build date I've seen is 31-October

- a lot of White Platinum

Again - I'm new to the forum here - so I apologize in advance if I've stepped over the line or anything.

Care to share the spreadsheet?

• Like 2

Does your shipment status list it as "awaiting shipment?" Or does it have a different listing, something like, "awaiting QA?"

The dealer never said. Last status before he told me it was held for QA was eta 11/5. I haven't tried any of the methods folks have used to get further status other than to get my window sticker.

My latest cyberdman update.

Awaiting Shipment - Returned from Offsite Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Nov-12-2012.

I live 100 miles from Flat Rock. Was my car shipped 2500 miles back to Hermosillo just to be shipped another 2500 miles to me in Ohio? Lmao!

I have the whole print out of my vehicle visibility and mine did the same thing. The loaded it on a rail car, then returned it to the plant. Fixed something I would assume then put it right back on the same rail car. Mine was built on the 18th and is part of those 332.

I have the whole print out of my vehicle visibility and mine did the same thing. The loaded it on a rail car, then returned it to the plant. Fixed something I would assume then put it right back on the same rail car. Mine was built on the 18th and is part of those 332.

Do you have a new ETA?

Care to share the spreadsheet?

I'll be happy to do what cyberdman does - give me a VIN, the nearest major city to you, and a dealer name and I'll say yes or no.

If you don't feel comfortable posting the VIN publicly - send me a private message.

Edit - for those reading this thread - I've spot checked a bunch more and one thing they all have in common - in the bottom center of the window sticker they all say "SPECIAL ORDER". If your sticker doesn't say that, it's pretty much guaranteed I won't find it.

Edited by dbmaven

Are you freakin' serious ??

The unfortunate problem with all major (Big) corporations is that there are times they make money in spite of themselves.

Completely "process" oriented - no thinking involved. All they had to do was have ONE person look at the 300-odd 'customer' orders - even someone geographically challenged would be able to figure out that anyone with a MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, OHIO, INDIANA, WISCONSIN destination should be shipped direct from Flat Rock.....and those are just the ones that are blatantly obvious.....Oh.....wait. And it would have SAVED THEM MONEY too.

Thanks. Does it show anything else but the dreaded...."12T08 - OR TO SALE".?

Doesn't even show that - I wander over to ETIS to check.

As I've wandered around a bit more - there are a few (like yours) that are 1.6L. So it would appear that the "problem" isn't mechanical (i.e. engine/tranny) related - which seems to be what people are piecing together from the information available. Could be parts shortages, supplier part defect (headlight?), even downstream implications of the body panel die issue - or even a combination of all the above.

Not sure if that's good news or not.

IF (big IF) they're shipping the cars to Flat Rock and then back to Hermosillo you can bet there is a good reason. I understand companies do stupid things when they are mired in process gridlock but given Ford's out of the box thinking so far (hiring a plane to fly the dies to Detroit and back to fix them, using a new plant that isn't online yet) I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Are we even positive that's what happened? There are other locations that are "offsite" other than Flat Rock.

I can think of 2 simple explanations IF that's what is happening. Flat Rock transportation to the dealerships isn't ready yet so there are no trains and/or trucks available or there is a regulatory issue with shipping vehicles from Flat Rock to the dealer when they have a Mexican VIN number.