4 MORE YEARS!

The American people spoke loud and clear. THey like the direction in which were headed. The right wing tea party had to settle for a less than qualified candidate. Not one of those tea party candidates would have beaten the Big O. Wake up extreme right wing party the world is leaving you behind! Maybe now you will start paying attention to women and minorities. Not just white men. Republicans get thee behind our leader and lets move this country foward.

I do hope the Republicans wise up and realize they need to soften their extreme stances and get candidates who are more moderate. Actually I wish we had a system that allowed an independent or 3rd party candidate to have a real shot at winning but that's not happening.

At least the dems can't blame the previous administration any more.

• Like 3

I do hope the Republicans wise up and realize they need to soften their extreme stances and get candidates who are more moderate. Actually I wish we had a system that allowed an independent or 3rd party candidate to have a real shot at winning but that's not happening.

Obama never did. He always stated that this was his economy. But the majority of the public do blame Bush and the republicans and that is why O has four more years. Oh and by the way I'm expecting the unemployment rate to skyrocket after all those Right wing CEO's layoff the majority of their employees who voted for the Big O. When will the republican tea party learn the their fear tactics are getting old and outdated. Stop voter surpression!

All thing being equal if Romney had been the center right candidate from Mass. or even the guy from the Olympics he should/would have won. The Todd Akin/abortion/God's will/planned parenthood comments didn't help him at all. The same went for the PBS stuff. This has been the issue since the Bush years as a former New Jersey Governor/Bush appointee and fiscal conservative but moderate Christine Todd Whitman wrote a book about it in the early 2000's. We are not going to solve abortion, welfare and other social issues with trying to get everything our way. Liberals and Conservatives are going to have to learn to bend some again.

Conservatives have to be real conservatives, not knock-off liberals. Who wants a fake liberal when they can have the real thing? Put out the real agenda. Smaller government. Explain why that is good. What do they have to lose? The soft sell didn't work. Anyway, in four years, the failure of liberalism will be obvious to all but the hide-bound ultra-orthodox communist sheep. Maybe it is a good thing that Obama and the liberals will have to lie in their own shit instead of trying to shift the blame. Look forward to higher taxes, more government intrusion into your life, more unemployment, high inflation, renewed terrorism, an emboldened China and North Korea, depression, appeasement, and finally, war.

I'm not going to "like" your post Trim because some might think I am for what you said. Instead I'll just agree and say damn it was nice while it lasted but I think we've seen the last of the US as we know it. In four years you won't recognise the land of the free because it won't be anymore.

The stereotype of a fat, lazy, American will exponentially rise as more demand their share of others hard labour. The hard working "giver" will be overshadowed by the lazy "receiver". As the "receivers" multiply they will outvote the "givers"...no wait...that just happened.

Not mad, just disappointed superman got pants by his fans.

• Like 1

I'm not going to "like" your post Trim because some might think I am for what you said. Instead I'll just agree and say damn it was nice while it lasted but I think we've seen the last of the US as we know it. In four years you won't recognise the land of the free because it won't be anymore.

The stereotype of a fat, lazy, American will exponentially rise as more demand their share of others hard labour. The hard working "giver" will be overshadowed by the lazy "receiver". As the "receivers" multiply they will outvote the "givers"...no wait...that just happened.

I have a medical condition that causes chronic pain and per the SSA, would qualify me for disability. Yet I still go to work every day. I really resent the direction were going with so many on disability that probably don't need to be there. I hate to say it, but the thought has crossed my mind to just give up and join them. But it always come back to the values instilled in me by my parents: you work hard to support yourself as long as you're able.

• Like 1

I have a medical condition that causes chronic pain and per the SSA, would qualify me for disability. Yet I still go to work every day. I really resent the direction were going with so many on disability that probably don't need to be there. I hate to say it, but the thought has crossed my mind to just give up and join them. But it always come back to the values instilled in me by my parents: you work hard to support yourself as long as you're able.

When you make it too easy to get disability or welfare then the lazy ones will take advantage of it. Just look at Judge Judy for a week - you'll see 3 or 4 people who are on disability but who look perfectly normal and do normal activities and can't really explain why their disability makes them unable to work. One lady said she had arthritis in one hand. My neighbor only has ONE ARM and he works every day.

Ah, poor Canadian citizen is sad about our election. We should be moved because he had a conservative vision of what this country should be. I'm sorry little canuck, it's not your home so F#$% Off!

Ah, poor Canadian citizen is sad about our election. We should be moved because he had a conservative vision of what this country should be. I'm sorry little canuck, it's not your home so F#$% Off!

Enough personal attacks already. For cryin' out loud. You have been on thin ice for awhile.

I certainly hope that we don't hear any "we have a mandate" talk....the only mandate I see is that the country is divided and needs to be unified....THAT is the only mandate!

No, the only mandate with the way the vote went is to compromise and fix the mess. I believe over the next couple years our deficit will be addressed, and about $5 trillion will be cut out of it over next 10 years including Social Security, Medicare, and Defense. I also believe the tax the rich compromise will be some tax loopholes being closed instead of an outright tax increase. So there will be some increased tax revenue in the mix. And the payroll tax cut will be gone as it should be in order to get Social Security back to a bit more stable footing along with other corrections. So Obama is facing a very sobering four years as much needs to get done and it will take some spirit of compromise on both sides to make any progress as the economy is not growing fast enough to fix the deficit on its own.

When you make it too easy to get disability or welfare then the lazy ones will take advantage of it. Just look at Judge Judy for a week - you'll see 3 or 4 people who are on disability but who look perfectly normal and do normal activities and can't really explain why their disability makes them unable to work. One lady said she had arthritis in one hand. My neighbor only has ONE ARM and he works every day.

I don't know that in fact that it is that easy to go onto disability, and they will kick you off quickly also. My neighbor was in a head on collision and suffered a severe closed head trauma. She had to give up her job as physical therapist as she could hardly function let alone work. After a couple years on disability, they cut her off, and even with lawyer, she lost her case. She still needs help in everyday living. Her mom is here everyday helping her. I know that many claiming SSI disablity have to wait years and need lawyers to help. So it's a long arduous process, and rightfully so that the system is at least scammed less.

I don't know that in fact that it is that easy to go onto disability, and they will kick you off quickly also. My neighbor was in a head on collision and suffered a severe closed head trauma. She had to give up her job as physical therapist as she could hardly function let alone work. After a couple years on disability, they cut her off, and even with lawyer, she lost her case. She still needs help in everyday living. Her mom is here everyday helping her. I know that many claiming SSI disablity have to wait years and need lawyers to help. So it's a long arduous process, and rightfully so that the system is at least scammed less.

I have no problem with people who truly need it getting it right away. I just wish there was a way to manage the ones who don't need it and get them off the dole. I fear that it depends on the doctors doing the evaluations and some are more easily convinced than others. Maybe this could work much like my suggestion for welfare. Instead of giving them a check each month, require them to show up at a work location and do whatever they're able to do in return for that check (if they're able to do anything). If they have to actually show up every day like a job then most of them will go out and get real jobs instead if they're able.

• Like 1

I have no problem with people who truly need it getting it right away. I just wish there was a way to manage the ones who don't need it and get them off the dole. I fear that it depends on the doctors doing the evaluations and some are more easily convinced than others. Maybe this could work much like my suggestion for welfare. Instead of giving them a check each month, require them to show up at a work location and do whatever they're able to do in return for that check (if they're able to do anything). If they have to actually show up every day like a job then most of them will go out and get real jobs instead if they're able.

Imagine each person wanting disability walking up to the individual and asking for their charity. Embarrassing.

But, we have make the process much less uncomfortable. Now, you just submit some paperwork and countless civil workers will check it for completeness, forward it to the clerk for review, then they sign off on it for processing by the Claims Payment Center where the state-of-the-art high speed printers add just a little ink to a piece of card paper, stuff it into an envelope and happiness abounds at the generosity and compassion of the American People.

Meanwhile, thousands of I.R.S. agents scrutinize your every decision on earning and spending your assets before demanding you "submit" you FAIR SHARE toward the massively expanding demands of the US spending obligations.

Refreshing how much I feel better knowing that!

• Like 1

The conditions to qualify for disability for my condition seem rather easy to me. However not having been through the process I don't how easy it is to actually clear the hurdles.

Imagine each person wanting disability walking up to the individual and asking for their charity. Embarrassing.

But, we have make the process much less uncomfortable. Now, you just submit some paperwork and countless civil workers will check it for completeness, forward it to the clerk for review, then they sign off on it for processing by the Claims Payment Center where the state-of-the-art high speed printers add just a little ink to a piece of card paper, stuff it into an envelope and happiness abounds at the generosity and compassion of the American People.

Meanwhile, thousands of I.R.S. agents scrutinize your every decision on earning and spending your assets before demanding you "submit" you FAIR SHARE toward the massively expanding demands of the US spending obligations.

Refreshing how much I feel better knowing that!

Since you tied disabled people asking for charity and your income tax together, am i to believe that you would rather have a disabled person have to ask for charity than pay taxes? Is that the point of it? Would you feel better with the infirm crowding our churches and streets begging for Alms or waiting at your door for the scraps? I realize that's an extreme but that's where we came from.

To me a just, moral society takes care of it's own. The government is merely a apparatus of society, something to which the members of society can use to make life better for all. We use it to take care of those people who can't. I realize that it does get cheated and people do take advantage of it, but if we were to get rid of everything that people take advantage of there would be nothing.

Edited by Langston Hughes

Since you tied disabled people asking for charity and your income tax together, am i to believe that you would rather have a disabled person have to ask for charity than pay taxes? Is that the point of it? Would you feel better with the infirm crowding our churches and streets begging for Alms or waiting at your door for the scraps? I realize that's an extreme but that's where we came from.

To me a just, moral society takes care of it's own. The government is merely a apparatus of society, something to which the members of society can use to make life better for all. We use it to take care of those people who can't. I realize that it does get cheated and people do take advantage of it, but if we were to get rid of everything that people take advantage of their would be nothing.

Re-read these sentences and consider that one of the advantages of paying the IRS to take care of the poor, is you never have to come in contact with them.

Perhaps more intimate human contact with the down-and-out would do our society some good.

To me a just, moral society takes care of it's own. The government is merely a apparatus of society, something to which the members of society can use to make life better for all. We use it to take care of those people who can't. I realize that it does get cheated and people do take advantage of it, but if we were to get rid of everything that people take advantage of their would be nothing.

Seems to me many conservatives seem to forget American history, especially the Great Depression when millions of children died because of a lack of food since there was no food stamp program. My father when he was alive used to tell me stories of those times and the unreal hardships Americans of today could never even imagine. And that doesn't mean I like the welfare system today and its problems, but I sure wouldn't want to go back to that. There are enough homeless people today as it is.

Seems to me many conservatives seem to forget American history, especially the Great Depression when millions of children died because of a lack of food since there was no food stamp program. My father when he was alive used to tell me stories of those times and the unreal hardships Americans of today could never even imagine. And that doesn't mean I like the welfare system today and its problems, but I sure wouldn't want to go back to that. There are enough homeless people today as it is.

When people pay for food with food stamps and then get into an Escalade there is something wrong with the system. And when "poor people" weigh 300 lbs, buy cigarettes and own a cell phone and a flat screen tv they're not in any danger of starving.

And I'm not suggesting we eliminate anything because there are people who need help. But I think that's a small percentage of the ones getting assistance today.

• Like 2