1.6L Escape owners are screwed

Tazzel

Typical female, go buy a Japanese car then.

What an ass, I guess if the 2.0 was getting tagged with one recall after another you would say "must have been a female on the assembly line that day"

Honestly, I'm not surprised with the recalls. This is the first generation of the 1.6L Ecoboost and it takes time to iron out any issues, plus the 2014's aren't even out yet. People are getting up in arms over nothing, nobody has been injured or killed due to the couple of recalls. Nor do these recalls affect the engine directly, everyone is still able to drive the vehicle. So you all need to chill out.

That said I'm happy with my Escape, even though I do have the 2.0L, and I will more than likely stick with Ford from now on.

I will never buy a Ford again. I glad your happy with your 2.0 but with this bad quality it maybe only a matter of time before the 2.0 begins to have issues, hope you keep your cheerfull outlook.

Edited by Tazzel

had a deal worked out to trade my 2013 Escape 1.6L to my Ford Dealer today for another used vehicle but when I went in they told me that an order came down that they would not be taking in any of the 1.6 Escapes in on trade. We are definitly screwed.

Edited by Tazzel

had a deal worked out to trade my 2013 Escape 1.6L to my Ford Dealer today for another used vehicle but when I went in they told me that an order came down that they would not be taking in any of the 1.6 Escapes in on trade. We are definitly screwed.

YEA RIGHT....

Worst thing that came happen they recend the recall give us back our cars.

The best thing that can happen we get free 2.0's in our car

I get the feeling there will be a fix ...DONT CHA THINK

In the mean time I am driving a new 2.0 Escape with more features than I ordered.

Wow that is painful.

• Like 1

Was not a good news in my mind. My fear is, those of us that reach 30k miles quickly and our engines blow and we are out of warrenty, I dont think you will be that cheerful then even though you got to ride in a 2.0 for a little while.

Edited by Tazzel

My fear is, those of us that reach 30k miles quickly and our engines blow and we are out of warrenty,

The engine warranty is 5 yrs and 60K miles and I'm guessing Ford will extend that one way or another.

I don't understand how a problem that shows up within a few weeks of manufacture would lead to a failure years down the road.

• Like 1

My guess is there will be a warranty extension on the 1.6, plus akirby is right, your powertrain is 5/60. You get a FREE loaner for the duration of the time needed to repair your rig and probably some other goodies to 'sweeten' the deal when it is all said and done, just like the 2.0 recall owners. And in reality I doubt that this effects ALL the 1.6's, but Ford wants to play it safe. Take a deep breath and remember that this is a temporary thing. If you knee jerk to this, you'll stand to lose thousands. Play it like the stock market: By the time you are ready to trade it at the 'normal' time for you to do so, the recall will have been old news, the trade values will be back up and it will have been a non issue. If you REALLY feel you just have to get rid of your rig, check your lemon laws, don't try to trade as you will lose out.

How much they giving you on trade? Maybe I could buy it from you. I'm not scared of it...

I just purchased in August for 30k and the highest trade value offer was 22,200. I think I could do a little better at carcax. If and when I get my Escape back I will take it to Carmax just to see what they will offer and then make my decision.

Subaru just issued a "service campaign" for the same software issue on the 2012 Impreza's (I know, because my dad drives one) dealing with coolant temperatures and overheating conditions. I highly doubt any of you will have to worry about engines failing shortly after the warranty is up. If you're so worried about it, buy the extended warranty till 100K and change the oil every 5,000 miles with good quality oil ....or wait till all the "hype" dies down in a few months and try to trade it in again.

I just purchased in August for 30k and the highest trade value offer was 22,200. I think I could do a little better at carcax. If and when I get my Escape back I will take it to Carmax just to see what they will offer and then make my decision.

Classic example of over reacting in my humble opinion! Geez...

• Like 1

I talked to the Dealer today and they said they are not even ordering the 1.6L because they can’t give them away because of all the problems.

Also, the latest bulletin Ford sent to dealerships and fleet management companies (12/10/2012) indicates that specifying the 1.6L turbo engine on 2013 Escapes and Fusions may cause order to delivery times to increase up to 4 weeks. Estimated lead time on a 1.6L Escape order is now approx. 17 to 18 weeks.

Escape or not, that's about the average level of depreciation.

When you purchase a "new" car, the "new" car instantaneously becomes a "used" car! So not only will the car's value drop by the amount of the dealer's profit margin,

but it will also plummet by the drop in the perceived value ("used" is far less appealing than "new). All together, this warp-speed depreciation that occurs the moment

you drive a "new" car off the lot can run in the 20-30% range.

Now if you add to that the fact that cars depreciate faster in their early years and slower in later years, buying a "new" car every 1-3 years will cost you a

fortune in hyper, warp-speed depreciation (test these types of scenarios in the car depreciation calculator and you will see what I mean).

The only one making out on that deal is the new owner.

Rumors are that Ford will be offering a $2500.00 rebate if you want to trade in your 1.6T Escape or Fusion. Just a rumor, but we will see.

:stirpot::lurk:

yes it is true my Dealer called me today because he knows I am on the fence to trade or not to trade, he called and said that Ford is doing this. They are also giving big discounts on current 2.0s So when all is said and done I will only loose about 2k. This is a big change, a week ago I was looking at a loss of 8 to 9k. I go tomorrow to look at the 2.0. Still not sure what i am going to do

yes it is true my Dealer called me today because he knows I am on the fence to trade or not to trade, he called and said that Ford is doing this. They are also giving big discounts on current 2.0s So when all is said and done I will only loose about 2k. This is a big change, a week ago I was looking at a loss of 8 to 9k. I go tomorrow to look at the 2.0. Still not sure what i am going to do

I would have to do a search, but aren't you the same Tazzel who was never going to buy another American auto?

I would have to do a search, but aren't you the same Tazzel who was never going to buy another American auto?

Thats why the last sentence says " i still dont know what I am going to do". I have own Hondas and Toyotas and never had these types of problems, not to say that they never have recalls or breakdowns, but mine never did. This is all new to me and it makes me very nervous. I was willing to give the America car a go because I thought they had really started to deliver quaility, I think I just had the bad luck of buying this particualiar American car.

Thats why the last sentence says " i still dont know what I am going to do". I have own Hondas and Toyotas and never had these types of problems, not to say that they never have recalls or breakdowns, but mine never did. This is all new to me and it makes me very nervous. I was willing to give the America car a go because I thought they had really started to deliver quaility, I think I just had the bad luck of buying this particualiar American car.

http://news.yahoo.com/honda-recall-871-000-vehicles-roll-away-issue-150557132--finance.html

Yep, just bad luck. It happens to all of us. My advice? Keep your car, and you will be more than happy the rest of the time you own it. Really, if no damage has been done to your car, what do you have to lose other than the time you haven't had it due to the recall? Trading it in is going to do nothing but lighten your wallet.

• Like 1

Went in today to talk numbers with my Ford Dealer. Something interesting is he told me the Rebate is actually to the Ford Dealer for taking any 2013 Ford Escapes with the 1.6L engine in on trades. It is up to the Dealer to either keep it, split it or give it totally back to the customer if they buy a new Ford vehicle. I may be wrong but I feel that ford is protecting the Dealer more than the customer in the hit these vehicles are taking. Very very sad. I did not end up making the trade. The numbers over the phone were allot better then when you actually sit down at the Dealership, then the games begin.

Went in today to talk numbers with my Ford Dealer. Something interesting is he told me the Rebate is actually to the Ford Dealer for taking any 2013 Ford Escapes with the 1.6L engine in on trades. It is up to the Dealer to either keep it, split it or give it totally back to the customer if they buy a new Ford vehicle. I may be wrong but I feel that ford is protecting the Dealer more than the customer in the hit these vehicles are taking. Very very sad.

Think about it. How is Ford going to structure this type of customer rebate? Rebates are on the new vehicle, not the old vehicle. So they can't just put an across the board rebate on every new vehicle. They could send every affected consumer a coupon of some kind worth $2500 towards a new Ford vehicle but that takes time. This type of dealer cash is the quickest way for Ford to get this rebate to consumers. So even though it is possible for a dealer to keep some of it I wouldn't say that this is a bad thing at all.