What's next the "Transit Cargo Bed" replaces the F150?

Not gonna happen. The F150 name change, I mean. But the Econoline name should be continued, IMHO.

As to cargo beds, you might see a pickup bed behind a Transit Connect cab, though. Ford could call it a Transit Econoline. IMHO, it's a cheap way to take a lot of market away from the mid-size pickups out there. :)

Edited by Edstock
  • Like 1

Just add "Classic" to it and you're good!

Off-topic, I know, but I just need to add that the rental "Classic" I was subjected to was absolutely hands-down the worst car I've ever driven. Interior quality, NVH, ride and handling? All 0/10 points.I swear I thought the shifter was going to break off in my hand. I think it was attached to the mechanism with a pencil sized piece of sex-toy reject rubber.

Any 97-03 Malibu I see, I think of the driver and say to myself, "You poor bastard".

Edit: Found pic. Just as horrible as I remember, I think I heard "The Crying Game" start playing when I saw it.

26193649700.324014823.IM1.06.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Edited by Hoser768
  • Like 2

Off-topic, I know, but I just need to add that the rental "Classic" I was subjected to was absolutely hands-down the worst car I've ever driven. Interior quality, NVH, ride and handling? All 0/10 points.I swear I thought the shifter was going to break off in my hand. I think it was attached to the mechanism with a pencil sized piece of sex-toy reject rubber.

Any 97-03 Malibu I see, I think of the driver and say to myself, "You poor bastard".

Edit: Found pic. Just as horrible as I remember, I think I heard "The Crying Game" start playing when I saw it.

26193649700.324014823.IM1.06.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

LOL......I needed that good laugh. Even the wife was cracking up...LOL

??????? or are you making a point that I used "500" vs "five hundred"??

You said they dropped the Taurus for the 500 and SoonerLS said they dropped the Five Hundred name and replaced it with Taurus.

I think you were talking about dropping the OLD Taurus and replacing it with a new vehicle called the Five Hundred. SoonerLS was talking about dropping the Five Hundred name and changing it back to Taurus.

It would've been rather awkward to have two Tauruses on the market for two years.

And before you say, 'Well, GM did it...' just stop, because you've said enough. :D

Well, to be fair, Ford did it with the LTD; they had the Fox-body LTD and Panther (or Saber-Toothed Panther, I suppose) LTD Crown Victoria in production at the same time back in the early- to mid-'80s. :dance:

Edited by SoonerLS

I think you were talking about dropping the OLD Taurus and replacing it with a new vehicle called the Five Hundred. SoonerLS was talking about dropping the Five Hundred name and changing it back to Taurus.

Yeah; one of the problems with posting from an eh-Pad is that you don't get the list of smilies, and I can't always remember the BBCode for them...

Thread title: What's next the "Transit Cargo Bed" replaces the F150?

I'm sure that Ford will not replace F150 with a flat bed Transit but

if Ford was contemplating a smaller diesel truck, then maybe this is a solution.......LINK

But Transit Crew Cab Extended Frame cab chassis with a 2.2 I-4 diesel

has a maximum payload of 2,500 kg, that over 2.5 tons...

and a GCWR of 6,500 Kg (kerb weight is 1974 Kg)

Edited by jpd80