Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Just got a call from my salesperson and she says my Fusion Titanium order has been picked up. Very excited!!!

it's funny because I called Ford Customer Care 3 or four hours ago, and I was still unscheduled.

My salesperson thinks the build date is March 7, although she wasn't really sure. She just knows she heard that date.

She also hasn't given me a VIN yet.

things are looking up!!!

• Like 4

Suppose the march 8 build date is real, could actual delivery occur by April 4th? I have until then for an extra $750 off my order. I hope I can make it.

There are some threads on the $750 off coupon. Some say they have talked to their dealer and they will go into Vincent (the Ford tracking system) and note you have it and still apply it if it is expired (I would get this in writing), others also just say order another brochure online. Apparently Ford doesn't track if they've already sent you one and will send you another - or even order the brochure for a different car/truck - the $750 isn't model specific.

I had my dealer confirm that Ford would use my private $750 even if delivery was after the stated expiration. Call your dealer and if there is any static, have them verify with their Ford Rep. REMEMBER: public offers CAN be combined with private offers, according to what Ford Customer Care told me.

Just got a call from my salesperson and she says my Fusion Titanium order has been picked up. Very excited!!!

it's funny because I called Ford Customer Care 3 or four hours ago, and I was still unscheduled.

My salesperson thinks the build date is March 7, although she wasn't really sure. She just knows she heard that date.

She also hasn't given me a VIN yet.

things are looking up!!!

I have the exact same situation. This is the preliminary indication that the order will be scheduled this week. Confirmation will come on actual scheduling this Thursday. You will then receive a VIN.

I am brand new to this forum (so glad I found it!). Like many of you, I ordered the HyTi and have been waiting for any indication that Ford has started production on these cars. Reading through all the pages in this thread has been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows. But this last page has given me real hope that things are moving forward and maybe new owners can begin taking delivery in the near future. First thing Friday morning I will be calling my dealer for an update on my HyTi.

I keep reading about the $750 coupons that some of you received, are they found inside a Ford brochure? How do I get one?!

Model: Sterling Gray 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Date Ordered: 12/4/12
Promised Delivery time: "early 2013"
VIN Available: TBD
Window Sticker Available: TBD
Scheduled Build Week: TBD
Scheduled Build Date: TBD
Actual Build Date: TBD
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD
Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date: TBD
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: CA

There are several ways to get a coupon - some come from Ford automatically (like mine). Requesting a brochure is another way that usually (but not always) works.

Note that you don't need the actual coupon - it just has to be in the VINCENT system. The dealer can check this for you.

I am brand new to this forum (so glad I found it!). Like many of you, I ordered the HyTi and have been waiting for any indication that Ford has started production on these cars. Reading through all the pages in this thread has been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows. But this last page has given me real hope that things are moving forward and maybe new owners can begin taking delivery in the near future. First thing Friday morning I will be calling my dealer for an update on my HyTi.

I keep reading about the $750 coupons that some of you received, are they found inside a Ford brochure? How do I get one?!

Model: Sterling Gray 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Date Ordered: 12/4/12

Promised Delivery time: "early 2013"

VIN Available: TBD

Window Sticker Available: TBD

Scheduled Build Week: TBD

Scheduled Build Date: TBD

Actual Build Date: TBD

Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD

Rail car ID available: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: TBD

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: CA

The easiest way to get a coupon is to call Ford Customer Care at (800) 334-4375 and ask for a Fusion Brochure. Be sure to tell them you plan to purchase (not lease) the car. Your coupon will be on the inside back cover of the brochure. If you forget to tell them you plan to purchase, you might get a lease coupon.

So after emailing my dealer every week for three weeks with no response I dropped by and they said they would check my HyTi order. They called and said my ruby red HyTi was scheduled for 3/8. I told them mine wasn't red so they said they would look into it and call back. He called back and said it was scheduled for "sometime later in March" and that the red one was a dealer order. I will call him tomorrow and see if I can get an exact date and VIN#. Until then I don't trust them with their track record of misinformation over the last six months.

Ok, so false alarm. After contacting him yesterday and not getting a date or VIN I called Ford customer support. They said it is still in order processing and no VIN yet. So apparently when my dealer said "yours is scheduled for later in March" what he really meant is that he hopes it will be scheduled then. Kind of pissed about the misinformation since I got my hopes up but this is pretty much what I have come to expect from my experiences with this dealer by now. My first sales rep was worse but he is no longer with the company. This guy was supposed to be the high quality experienced replacement.

Ok, so false alarm. After contacting him yesterday and not getting a date or VIN I called Ford customer support. They said it is still in order processing and no VIN yet. So apparently when my dealer said "yours is scheduled for later in March" what he really meant is that he hopes it will be scheduled then. Kind of pissed about the misinformation since I got my hopes up but this is pretty much what I have come to expect from my experiences with this dealer by now. My first sales rep was worse but he is no longer with the company. This guy was supposed to be the high quality experienced replacement.

Call the Sales Manager. He is the person that has correct, up-to-date information. Salespeople have lesser access (most times). It could still be scheduled. Customer Care doesn't seem to see "Pre-selected" orders in process, but your dealer can. Just ask your dealer if you are in the "PRE" state for order processing this week. Looks something like this:

"Dealer Number here" - "Your Dealer Name Here" P0R "Order Number Here" Retail (222R) 2013-03-18 1 CONCEPS Source - DOE 2013-03-18

FYI: Public Incentives and Rebates: I talked with Ford Corporate - Marketing. They said unlike it was in the past, incentives cannot be locked in. They are what they are when you take delivery. However, if the dealer will do the paperwork early, you can lock it in and it is considered sold. Some dealers do not want to do that. There are a lot of questions on what happens if something happened to your car in transit and it did not get delivered? Who's insurance covers it? When does the warranty start?

For me, I am going to push to get my paper work done or I will find one in stock. My build date is Week of Mar 18. I turned in my leased car Feb 18. So I have until Mar 20 before a $1000 Lease Conquest incentive ends. On April 1 my $1500 Cust Cash ends and April 4 when my $750 private cash ends. That is $3,250 that may no be there when my car arrives.

PS: She also said New incentives come out April 2, but what will they be?

FYI: Public Incentives and Rebates: I talked with Ford Corporate - Marketing. They said unlike it was in the past, incentives cannot be locked in. They are what they are when you take delivery. However, if the dealer will do the paperwork early, you can lock it in and it is considered sold. Some dealers do not want to do that. There are a lot of questions on what happens if something happened to your car in transit and it did not get delivered? Who's insurance covers it? When does the warranty start?

For me, I am going to push to get my paper work done or I will find one in stock. My build date is Week of Mar 18. I turned in my leased car Feb 18. So I have until Mar 20 before a $1000 Lease Conquest incentive ends. On April 1 my $1500 Cust Cash ends and April 4 when my $750 private cash ends. That is $3,250 that may no be there when my car arrives.

With 2013 depreciation, the incentives had better be decent. April delivery for a 2013 is not that far from October delivery for a 2014.

My dealer spoke with the Ford Rep and together they "locked in" the $750 already.

I had my first order damaged in transit. Net result - I cancelled the order and the dealer said fine. Ford owns the vehicle until the dealer takes delivery. In my case, the vehicle came in to the local distribution facility and was not released by Ford QA.

I'm confused about your Energi. Is it being leased?

With 2013 depreciation, the incentives had better be decent. April delivery for a 2013 is not that far from October delivery for a 2014.

My dealer spoke with the Ford Rep and together they "locked in" the $750 already.

I had my first order damaged in transit. Net result - I cancelled the order and the dealer said fine. Ford owns the vehicle until the dealer takes delivery. In my case, the vehicle came in to the local distribution facility and was not released by Ford QA.

I'm confused about your Energi. Is it being leased?

No, I had a leased Toyota, which qualifies me for the $1000 "Competitive Lease Conquest" (if lease is terminated 30 days before or 90 days after taking delivery). I am buying the Fusion Energi Titanium. I am pretty sure I could get another $750 offer that would go later, just not sure bout the $1500 and I know the $1000 will be out.

Well doesn't the "locked in" strategy just confuse the crap out things for those of us with cars on order? To me it means they really don't want customer orders. That they would prefer you to wait until you see one on the lot and buy it, whether it has all the options on it you want or not. Sweet.

Well doesn't the "locked in" strategy just confuse the crap out things for those of us with cars on order? To me it means they really don't want customer orders. That they would prefer you to wait until you see one on the lot and buy it, whether it has all the options on it you want or not. Sweet.

I agree, for those ordering, it takes away the meaning of "Incentives".

Sure they want to clean out the lot inventory, but they also want to move another unit.

Two different guys at the dealer where we ordered both said that if the current $1500 incentive on the Fusion expired - the new ones that come out early April would likely be more - they said they almost always go up - rarely down. We can only hope. If those $750 vouchers are nearing expiration and the dealer won't lock them in - start ordering additonal brochures and hope for new coupons that have later expiration dates, then there is really no risk of you missing that $750.