2013 MKZ Tracking

My friend that was looking to buy a new car, went ahead and purchased a Cadillac ATS. If you don't have the cars on the lot, many people won't order or wait.

I am in no hurry, but I keep driving by the dealership or checking here. If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't know anything.

My friend that was looking to buy a new car, went ahead and purchased a Cadillac ATS. If you don't have the cars on the lot, many people won't order or wait.

I am in no hurry, but I keep driving by the dealership or checking here. If it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't know anything.

and most people wouldn't be spending time on multiple forums following the "trials and tribulations" in a couple of dozen car fanatics lives!

:-)

and most people wouldn't be spending time on multiple forums following the "trials and tribulations" in a couple of dozen car fanatics lives!

:-)

I am not a car fanatic. I am a Lincoln customer who is waiting on a car and lacks information, so I get it here thankfully. That, and vent with kindred buyers.

Tanner this morning someone walked up to me and said "dude what the hell is that?, thats awesome"

A very nice riding car. You wouldn't know you're in a hybrid based on how well it drives

We're going to have to ban post like this until we all get our cars....... (just kidding ;)

Tanner this morning someone walked up to me and said "dude what the hell is that?, thats awesome"

A very nice riding car. You wouldn't know you're in a hybrid based on how well it drives

LMAO!!!

Yep it does ride nice doesn't it, I got to ride in one back in OCT during the country wide tour that hit Phoenix. Told the lady I wanted to take one for a test drive she said well ok, but only for 10 minutes. I brought it back an hour later... ROFL she was pissed but I said, hey your here because you want to make a sale. Well you did!

We're going to have to ban post like this until we all get our cars....... (just kidding ;)

haha sorry XG... not trying to throw salt in the wound. Just want you to know that you're real close to getting the car you asked for (lo those many months ago) and that when you get it, it should be worth it. I just couldn't find another car that had as much to offer as this one so my second choices were limited and I know you felt the same.

Like I told Tanner.... You may be thankful for the extra inspection even though it cost you a couple of weeks.

haha sorry XG... not trying to throw salt in the wound. Just want you to know that you're real close to getting the car you asked for (lo those many months ago) and that when you get it, it should be worth it.

I agree, but I don't think I'm anywhere near "real close" unfortunately. I need to get my mind off of this and let some time pass. Heck, a few more months and they should be having model end clearance sales on the 13' MKZ.

I just came back from 3 hours on the road, including up into the foothills of the Sierra and it is a very nice riding car … even in a state where the gas tax is the highest in the country and the roads are the worst! The suspension is constantly adjusting … very smooth.

I've said it too many times already but it's true. Hang in there. You'll have this car for a long time and if you bail now, all the wait will have been for nothing. Murphy's Law says … buy something else this weekend and you'll get the call for your car on Monday!

You're killing me Dedonut! ;) It's not a matter of hanging in there with me. It's my car is lost. Seriously! Well now I have my Lincoln regional rep looking for other colors already incoming for me since they can't seem to get through to anyone at the plant. It's like the cold war down there. Maybe rebels have been riding around in my car doing drug deals? I am pretty sure my car has been lost, at least lost to the shipping morons.

Dedonut, how do you like the pano? I wouldn't want to pay extra for it but if they can only find one with it I may not have any choice in my config. Do you think it may develop rattles? What about head room i the pano vs the moon roof version? And how is your gas mileage so far? Thanks.

Edited by xgman
  • Like 1

The Pano roof is awesome and all the comments have been ... WOW! When they see it open they say it's like having a convertible. I haven't had it open out on the freeway yet but believe I read in the manual that the opening auto adjusts based on speed to compensate for wind. Re: head room? I think it's OK. I'm short and so raise the seat up and that puts me pretty close. If you're tall, you'd likely move the seat down. Re: mileage? LOL I only have 227.6 miles and my mileage is 26.8. I'm still learning to earn the little green leaves. :-) Are you asking will the roof develop rattles? Doubt it. This thing is BIG! You'll love the look when you see one and it'll add to resale.

Edited by Dedonut

Maybe that's the trouble. Held for ransom.

Your original car status is now returned for something or other. This has really become just a bad joke. I wish someone could be held accountable. There must be something we can do....... sigh . . ..

Apparently even with Mark Fields help, my car still sits idle. . . . .

Could be since you are an X G-Man :)

I only have 227.6 miles and my mileage is 26.8.

Ouch. Either you have a heavy foot or maybe I need to hang on to my 2011 hybrid. I know its still in break-in, but my break in for my 2011 was still getting in the high 30's. I should hope that improves dramatically soon. Wow, that's just depressing.

xgman: Have you checked this one out?

http://www.inventory.lincoln.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3LN6L2LU2DR801137&refid=LN in Alexandria, Dealer ordered

Man … you jump on all the bad news. It won't stay at 27 and I did sneak up to 80 once or twice but mostly 70-75 when not on lots of curves.

Edited by Dedonut

xgman: Have you checked this one out?

http://www.inventory.lincoln.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3LN6L2LU2DR801137&refid=LN in Alexandria, Dealer ordered

Man … you jump on all the bad news. It won't stay at 27 and I did sneak up to 80 once or twice but mostly 70-75 when not on lots of curves.

You are right. I'm totally on edge over this after 5 months. Thanks for the heads up, but that is a 202-A with the small wheels. I need a 203A with tech and preferably just a moon roof. If my car had left Mexico, I'd try to be quiet for a while, but it has been sitting in the same spot since being built on Feb 2. Something is very wrong. can't blame that on Trains and snow. I hate feeling this helpless. My car is had 42k miles when I expected to trade it. It will have 50k or more when I get the new car. Who is going to make up the diff? I sure will try to get Lincoln to do something. It's also overdue for tires and brakes which I'm not about to shell out anything for.

I am a little bit leery of the fit and finish on these dealer stocks. Weren't they built in December?

Edited by xgman

Ouch. Either you have a heavy foot or maybe I need to hang on to my 2011 hybrid. I know its still in break-in, but my break in for my 2011 was still getting in the high 30's. I should hope that improves dramatically soon. Wow, that's just depressing.

That's my little personal conspiracy theory as to all the MKZ delays. With the controversy of the Fusion Hybrid being in the high 30's to low 40's MPG range for an average driver, I imagined that, say, a loaded MKZ with all the electric options and pano (which Ford admitted will knock off about 3-4 MPG from the 45 estimate) could easily be in the lower 30's (again, given the Fusion experience) or, as was posted, maybe even in the high 20's. My conspiracy theory is that they're doing last minute re-tuning of hybrid gearing and MPG.

For me for my eventual purchase, I need to hear the hybrid is hitting 40 MPG regularly on highway predominant driving. If not, I may go with the 2.0T and get it's more attractive gauge cluster and drop the leaves...

Great now you guys have me calling around the five surrounding states to check inventory Found one but has the pano roof and a lower package. I know I don't want the pano roof and I want the reserve or above package in Bordeaux but would settle for ruby red

You are so close to be able to drive down to Mexico and pick up your car. Hey, check on mine while you're there. If only, right?

That's my little personal conspiracy theory as to all the MKZ delays. With the controversy of the Fusion Hybrid being in the high 30's to low 40's MPG range for an average driver, I imagined that, say, a loaded MKZ with all the electric options and pano (which Ford admitted will knock off about 3-4 MPG from the 45 estimate) could easily be in the lower 30's (again, given the Fusion experience) or, as was posted, maybe even in the high 20's. My conspiracy theory is that they're doing last minute re-tuning of hybrid gearing and MPG.

For me for my eventual purchase, I need to hear the hybrid is hitting 40 MPG regularly on highway predominant driving. If not, I may go with the 2.0T and get it's more attractive gauge cluster and drop the leaves...

I never heard or saw anything about a loaded MKZ or the pano roof knocking off 3-4 mpg's > what article was that mentioned in ?

I'll be surprised if 45mpg is going to be real anyway. CR said they missed it I think they said by about 20%. Then (in good old litigious CA) someone from No. CA filed a false advertising suit month or two ago. Ford's response was that they followed the EPA testing guidelines exactly and I notice they haven't backed off the 45mpg in their ads. Already beats the 18-19 city/26 highway I got w/the 2011 and they don't charge extra for the hybrid.

Edited by Dedonut

On my 11 MKZ Hybrid I get aprox 39-40 average in the summer and 37ish in the Winter. Mostly highway. If the new car gets significantly less, I have a real problem with the quoted 45 then. There I go working myself up again. I've got to stop obsessing on this stupid car.

Driving in the foothills? a hybrid wouldn't get much better gas mileage..... That much is normal. No worries there Dedonut.

I'm about 180 miles in with about 50% highway and with no change in driving habits ( I don't want to try until I let the car work it ) and I'm over 38 so far.

For this nice a car to get anywhere in the 30s for the same price as gas is fantastic. If I hit 40, I'm thrilled. 45 or anywhere close to it and I'm heading to CA to waste a little gas in the foothills.

I'll be surprised if 45mpg is going to be real anyway. CR said they missed it I think they said by about 20%. Then (in good old litigious CA) someone from No. CA filed a false advertising suit month or two ago. Ford's response was that they followed the EPA testing guidelines exactly and I notice they haven't backed off the 45mpg in their ads. Already beats the 18-19 city/26 highway I got w/the 2011 and they don't charge extra for the hybrid.

so I can tell you that the two times I have driven the hybrid Cmax I was able to hit over 47 mpg. Isn't that the same engine we have?

Have you guys read about fuelly it is a site to track your fuel consumption???