Many Females Turn Their Back On Detroit 3

Top Five Brands based on Passenger Vehicle Sales to Women Brand / Share of Women Market

• Toyota 15.7% (Represents 15.7 of every 100 sales to women is a Toyota)
  • Honda 14.0%
  • Ford 10.0%
  • Chevrolet 8.9%
  • Nissan 8.8%

I would like to see that statistic's equivalent for men. Remember, we're not comparing this to overall auto sales, where the D3 gain an advantage from rental/corporate/government fleets; we're looking only at retail auto sales, where I would also expect Toyota to lead.

I would like to see that statistic's equivalent for men. Remember, we're not comparing this to overall auto sales, where the D3 gain an advantage from rental/corporate/government fleets; we're looking only at retail auto sales, where I would also expect Toyota to lead.

Maybe, maybe not. I would say a strong majority of retail F-series and Silverado sales are to males. That could tilt the numbers pretty heavily.

And what's the one main precursor forgotten in the thread topic?

The combined sales of Ford, GM and Chrysler-Dodge-Ram is less than 50% of the total market.

So it's obvious that less men and less women choose D3 over other non-domestic brands.

It's really a pointless detail of already known sales trends....

Top brands for men (with percent of all buyers who are male):

• Ferrari - 93.6%
  • Maserati - 84.4%
  • Porsche - 80.3%
  • GMC - 74.3%
  • Jaguar - 73.0%
  • Dodge - 72.8%
  • Land Rover - 72.0%
  • Ford - 68.9%
  • Chevrolet - 68.8%
  • HUMMER - 67.9%

Top models for men (again, with the percent of all buyers who are male):

• Porsche 911 - 87.9%
  • GMC Sierra - 87.4%
  • Chevrolet Corvette - 86.7%
  • Chevrolet Silverado - 86.3%
  • Ford F-Series - 86.3%
  • BMW M3 - 85.6%
  • Ford Ranger - 84.4%
  • Toyota Tundra - 84.3%
  • Dodge Ram - 84.2%
  • Audi S5 - 83.0%

• Ferrari - 93.6%
  • Maserati - 84.4%
  • Porsche - 80.3%
  • GMC - 74.3%
  • Jaguar - 73.0%
  • Dodge - 72.8%
  • Land Rover - 72.0%
  • Ford - 68.9%
  • Chevrolet - 68.8%
  • HUMMER - 67.9%

• Porsche 911 - 87.9%
  • GMC Sierra - 87.4%
  • Chevrolet Corvette - 86.7%
  • Chevrolet Silverado - 86.3%
  • Ford F-Series - 86.3%
  • BMW M3 - 85.6%
  • Ford Ranger - 84.4%
  • Toyota Tundra - 84.3%
  • Dodge Ram - 84.2%
  • Audi S5 - 83.0%

What a shock! Chevy, Ford, and Dodge sales dominated by men, with Honda, Toyota, and Nissan not even close. Like the article stated, single, well educated, professional women buy for most part Asian based offerings for a variety of reasons. Chevy and Ford are doing better, but have long way to go yet with women, especially single women on their own. Last I heard, there are more women single than married, and young women are delaying marriage more than ever. And once again, women dominate the colleges and universities and basically own grad school, and are much more recession proof than many traditional men's jobs. The D3 are really seeking this demo female car buying group, but it's tough fighting perception constantly reinforced by CR rag.

• Like 1

What a shock! Chevy, Ford, and Dodge sales dominated by men, with Honda, Toyota, and Nissan not even close. Like the article stated, single, well educated, professional women buy for most part Asian based offerings for a variety of reasons. Chevy and Ford are doing better, but have long way to go yet with women, especially single women on their own. Last I heard, there are more women single than married, and young women are delaying marriage more than ever. And once again, women dominate the colleges and universities and basically own grad school, and are much more recession proof than many traditional men's jobs. The D3 are really seeking this demo female car buying group, but it's tough fighting perception constantly reinforced by CR rag.

I would suggest you remove that target on your back because the libbers are aiming at your "center of mass!" Seriously, you state a truth that will get you hung from the tree of chauvinism, sexism, racism, homophobiasm (my new word)...and any other ism out there. To add to your factual, accurate assessment of our changing society...these same women and minorities always vote Democratic. The reason Obama (Mr Green, Mr Electric car, Mr Ugh...etc..) won the election was the 'AOWM" (Angry Old White Men) did not vote in any significant numbers. Bottomline...expect more gay sex marriages, abortion on demand, higher gas prices, more incentives for electric cars...OK, that's enough. This angry old white man needs a nap! One more thing..CR is truly a rag!

While interesting, what I was looking for should be called something like "Top Five Brands based on Passenger Vehicle Sales to Men Brand / Share of Men Market". In other words, the percent of all sales to men that went to each brand, not the percent of each brand's sales to men.

I would suggest you remove that target on your back because the libbers are aiming at your "center of mass!" Seriously, you state a truth that will get you hung from the tree of chauvinism, sexism, racism, homophobiasm (my new word)...and any other ism out there. To add to your factual, accurate assessment of our changing society...these same women and minorities always vote Democratic. The reason Obama (Mr Green, Mr Electric car, Mr Ugh...etc..) won the election was the 'AOWM" (Angry Old White Men) did not vote in any significant numbers. Bottomline...expect more gay sex marriages, abortion on demand, higher gas prices, more incentives for electric cars...OK, that's enough. This angry old white man needs a nap! One more thing..CR is truly a rag!

It doesn't matter what I think, just a fact that there is a changing demographic is America whether you like it or not. Auto companies recognize it. More and more they market to hispanics, single, professional women who have hard time finding male partner that measures up to their high expectations, gays, blacks, and many other demos in society today. I couldn't county how many professional articles and studies I have read on the endangered American male, many of whom don't value education, professional development, and are prone to long term unemployment or underemployment. Enrollment of males in higher education have fallen and continue to fall in an increasingly complex society the rewards those with degree and/or certifications in rewarding, higher paying fields. It's an American tragedy.

It doesn't matter what I think, just a fact that there is a changing demographic is America whether you like it or not. Auto companies recognize it. More and more they market to hispanics, single, professional women who have hard time finding male partner that measures up to their high expectations, gays, blacks, and many other demos in society today. I couldn't county how many professional articles and studies I have read on the endangered American male, many of whom don't value education, professional development, and are prone to long term unemployment or underemployment. Enrollment of males in higher education have fallen and continue to fall in an increasingly complex society the rewards those with degree and/or certifications in rewarding, higher paying fields. It's an American tragedy.

While it's certainly true many men are failing themselves, they still dominate many of the highest paying disciplines (computing, engineering of all stripes, math, physics). I think Chemistry's about even, and Biology seems to have tipped to a female majority, and medical schools are admitting far more women than men.

But individual talent and motivation matter far more than gender in education. Raise your children to be well rounded. In most countries, athletics and mechanical ability are not tied to anti-intellectualism - why does it have to be in the US? You can do football and take AP classes, or take shop and play trumpet - and I think both would be improved if more did.

Edited by Noah Harbinger
  • Like 1

But individual talent and motivation matter far more than gender in education. Raise your children to be well rounded. In most countries, athletics and mechanical ability are not tied to anti-intellectualism - why does it have to be in the US? You can do football and take AP classes - and I think both would be improved if more did.

Agreed. I have a student now who is a football player and is also pre-med. Almost unheard of in SEC football, but he's pretty much guaranteeing himself a future even if he never gets to play on Sundays.

... Bottomline...expect more gay sex marriages...

You know they still all have gay sex even if you ban gay marriage, right? In fact, they probably have less sex after marriage, like any other couple. :wub: So if you really want to cut back on gay sex, you should be out fighting for gay marriage! It's what God would want. :hysterical:

Categorically false.

How so? Seems (speaking in very general terms here) that your opportunity to get a college education as a white male vs. a Woman/minority is much worse and some what of a reverse discrimination is happening.

How so? Seems (speaking in very general terms here) that your opportunity to get a college education as a white male vs. a Woman/minority is much worse and some what of a reverse discrimination is happening.

Enrollments are up for both males and females. The increase in male enrollment is statistically behind the increase in female enrollment, though.

I'm not seeking to break it down by ethnicity though (read: I don't feel like Googling it :stats: ). I was just pointing out an inaccuracy in FordBuyer's statement that male enrollment is falling. It's not and has not been.

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

I'm not aware of any decreased opportunity as a white male. What would you point to as indicating that? AFAIK, only white women and asians are out-enrolling proportionally to their demographics in such a way that affirmative action would reduce spots below raw demand, at those few schools of high enough demand that they would even turn down a qualified applicant.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

I'm not aware of any decreased opportunity as a white male. What would you point to as indicating that? AFAIK, only white women and asians are out-enrolling proportionally to their demographics in such a way that affirmative action would reduce spots below raw demand, at those few schools of high enough demand that they would even turn down a qualified applicant.

Here are a couple of examples.....African Americans account for 14% of the population.....but hold 18% of the Federal Jobs. In the past, if you took a civil service exam you were given 5 extra points for being a minority. The State of Michigan has over 67% of the state workers as female and minority. Remember State funded U of M ignoring the State and government when the affirmative action program was stopped and continued to allow and promote minorities over the unrepresented white guys?

Here are a couple of examples.....African Americans account for 14% of the population.....but hold 18% of the Federal Jobs. In the past, if you took a civil service exam you were given 5 extra points for being a minority. The State of Michigan has over 67% of the state workers as female and minority. Remember State funded U of M ignoring the State and government when the affirmative action program was stopped and continued to allow and promote minorities over the unrepresented white guys?

The question was college enrollment. But even in your examples - you're not excluded from applying for any job - except maybe Hooter's waitress.

The question was college enrollment. But even in your examples - you're not excluded from applying for any job - except maybe Hooter's waitress.

Here is proof that to this very day...affirmative action bias continues!

University of Michigan has long been an advocate of considering race in admissions.

The practice, officials say, promotes diversity on campus, and thus trickles down into the workforce, creating an increasingly diverse proletariat. It also enriches the education experience by providing a wider array of perspectives, they say.

Last month at a National Press Club forum in Washington, D.C., U-M President Mary Sue Coleman said she is a "huge believer in affirmative action" and called it a "complete falsehood that it's a depriving qualified people of an education."

When Proposal 2, a state ballot initiative passed in 2006, banned any consideration of race in admissions by Michigan's 15 public universities, Coleman vowed to fight for affirmative action. And leading up to the Supreme Court oral arguments concerning the University of Texas' admissions policy, which considers an applicant's race, Coleman's staff filed a friend-of-the-court brief supporting affirmative action polices.

I could give you a ton of articles on Men's enrollment in Colleges/Universities continues to dwindle topics, but here is one:

Women now account for a disproportionate share of the enrollments of higher-education institutions at every degree level and are likely to become an even more dominant presence on campuses over the coming decade, according to results of a study released today by the U.S. Education Department.

The report, a compendium of data published annually by the department's National Center for Education Statistics, projects that by 2019 women will account for 59 percent of total undergraduate enrollment and 61 percent of total postbaccalaureate enrollment at the nation's colleges and universities. Since the late 1990s, they have accounted for about three-fourths of the increase in the number of master's degrees awarded in the United States and nearly all of the growth in the number of professional degrees earned, the report says.

I believe last year for the first time women now make up 51% of total workforce and that is expected to increase. Hopefully it won't with construction and heavy manufacturing doing better, but I wouldn't bet on it. I know I have attended pharmacy and physical therapy college graduation ceremonies and graduates were almost all female. In my Master's program, I was the only male to graduate. Very sad.