2014 Taurus

ice-capades

Per yesterday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin, below is the latest information available for the 2014 Model Year...

• 03/11/2013 2014MY Order Bank Opens
  • 05/02/2013 2014MY Scheduling Begins
  • 06/03/2013 2014MY Job #1 Date

The new Model Year order guides are usually released to Ford Dealers on or about the time that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens.

Does this affect current orders made previously before the banks opened for next MY? I'm still waiting on my VIN for SHO that ordered in February.

No effect on current orders, that would be the weekly production bullitin that shows delays on materials for specific models. Only thing is when the order guides are posted you can see the changes if you would want to wait for a 2014 model.

No effect on current orders, that would be the weekly production bullitin that shows delays on materials for specific models. Only thing is when the order guides are posted you can see the changes if you would want to wait for a 2014 model.

Only changes are some new wheel options for SE/SEL/Limited and a new Driver Assist Package: Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Warning with Brake Support, Lane Keep Assist/Lane Departure Warning and Active Park Assist for the SHO and Limited. Limited goes to only 2 option groups now not 3 the old 301 package items either move to Std or the new 301 package.

For some reason it's not letting me upload the order guide

Edited by jasonj80

Ok thanks thats what I figured..and I don't see anything that would want me to change my order anyways for a 2014

My family owns a 2010 SEL and a 2013 Limited and these Taurus vehicles are flawless. No recalls....unless you include the MFT upgrade, which I'm avoiding , since it takes a WHOLE HOUR WITH THE CAR RUNNING at the dealer to upgrade! The dealer claims they want the car all day to do it. I also read on this site that some owners had more problems after the MFT 3.5 upgrade.

I noticed option package 402-A is now 401-A with active park assist moved to the driver assist package and heated/cooled seats made standard. Also wonder if the 20" ebony wheels will look similar to the Explorer Sport wheels? Finally, any idea when pricing will be released?

Car and Driver had a road test review comparing the 19 inch wheels on the Limited to the 20 inch option wheels. They recommended the 19 inch wheels to avoid the excessive road noise. I personally did the same road test and agreed 100% the 20 inch wheels pick up road noise considerably. I bought a 2013 Limited with the 19 inchers! Just a thought...unless you lease!

• Like 1

Car and Driver had a road test review comparing the 19 inch wheels on the Limited to the 20 inch option wheels. They recommended the 19 inch wheels to avoid the excessive road noise. I personally did the same road test and agreed 100% the 20 inch wheels pick up road noise considerably. I bought a 2013 Limited with the 19 inchers! Just a thought...unless you lease!

This road noise you mention, do you hear it through the floor, or through the open windows? I've only heard noticeable road noise on our cars and my current F-150 with 20's when the tire treads were nearly worn out. But then again, living in AZ I drive with the windows closed more than open. Still like the look of the 20's and besides that, everyone reminds me that my hearing is not what it used to be.

My family owns a 2010 SEL and a 2013 Limited and these Taurus vehicles are flawless. No recalls....unless you include the MFT upgrade, which I'm avoiding , since it takes a WHOLE HOUR WITH THE CAR RUNNING at the dealer to upgrade! The dealer claims they want the car all day to do it. I also read on this site that some owners had more problems after the MFT 3.5 upgrade.

You can do it yourself - you don't have to go to the dealer.

You can do it yourself - you don't have to go to the dealer.

Unfortunately, I'm not tech savy and fear I'd screw it up! Dealer won't send anyone out to load it. My buddies don't want to try since they also think they might screw it up. I just hate taking my car in and waiting all day!

Unfortunately, I'm not tech savy and fear I'd screw it up! Dealer won't send anyone out to load it. My buddies don't want to try since they also think they might screw it up. I just hate taking my car in and waiting all day!

Just make sure you let the car run after reading the directions. Doesn't sound difficult at all, and vehicle idling only uses up about half a gallon in one hour. Kind of like downloading something on your lap or desk top computer. Not a big deal at all. Some porter at dealership would probably do it...plug it in and run car for hour as it downloads. Results will be the same no matter who plugs it in....you or porter/salesmen.

This road noise you mention, do you hear it through the floor, or through the open windows? I've only heard noticeable road noise on our cars and my current F-150 with 20's when the tire treads were nearly worn out. But then again, living in AZ I drive with the windows closed more than open. Still like the look of the 20's and besides that, everyone reminds me that my hearing is not what it used to be.

After I bought my 2013 Limited with the STANDARD 19 inch Painted wheels (2012 Limited had Chrome Clad wheels standard) I decided to get them 'Perma Chromed' (see my other posting on Taurus Forum) . I had my 19 inch wheels taken off and shipped out to have the PVD process performed. I had them replaced with 20 inch MKS wheels so I could continue to drive my Taurus home. They use the Hunter wheel balancer (best in the business) and even though these 20 inchers were balanced perfectly, the road noise picked up immediately once I was up to 60+ MPH. It was not horribly noticeable, but still noticeable compared to just driving on my standard 19 inchers. Off course the computer went off since the 20 inchers were not calibrated for it. No big deal! It sounded like it surrounded me but really not through the windows and mostly from beneath. I preferred the style of the 19 incher, but hated the painted aluminum...needs more bling for me..that's why I chose PVD. 20 inchers are cool!. Go for what you like. Again, don't let a little road noise bother you.

Just make sure you let the car run after reading the directions. Doesn't sound difficult at all, and vehicle idling only uses up about half a gallon in one hour. Kind of like downloading something on your lap or desk top computer. Not a big deal at all. Some porter at dealership would probably do it...plug it in and run car for hour as it downloads. Results will be the same no matter who plugs it in....you or porter/salesmen.

Thanks for the important info. Just called my local Ford dealer and they said they would take special care (no car wash, etc..) and park my car in a safe area and run it for about 2 hours. I was surprised, but she tells me it takes almost 2 hours depending! Whatever! Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

In our market the Taurus SHO accounts for nearly half of retail sales yet as nice as the Green Gem Metallic was we only sold a few in that color. The biggest selling colors for us have traditionally been the Tuxedo Black Metallic and the Sterling Grey Metallic. For incoming 2014 Taurus SHO order that were recently scheduled we have both Tuxedo Black Metallic and Dark Side Metallic SHO's due to arrive within the next 3-4 weeks.

In our market the Taurus SHO accounts for nearly half of retail sales yet as nice as the Green Gem Metallic was we only sold a few in that color. The biggest selling colors for us have traditionally been the Tuxedo Black Metallic and the Sterling Grey Metallic. For incoming 2014 Taurus SHO order that were recently scheduled we have both Tuxedo Black Metallic and Dark Side Metallic SHO's due to arrive within the next 3-4 weeks.

It seems as if they did not build that many in Green Gem.... That was one of my preferred choices after I saw it at the Philadelphia Auto Show.

• 1 month later...